When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things

Actually, it's much worse than that. Devastatingly worse than that. I've said it many times. Many of us would beg for Tannehill to be either awful or a Messiah. Instead, he's in that catastrophic category that was best expressed by roy miami a couple of years ago...a quarterback just good enough to waste away a full decade of our football rooting lives.

This is why as has been said there are posters "rooting for him to fail". Not knowing after 7 years is understandably frustrating. Imagine dating a girl for 7 years and still questioning if she's the ONE. Sure she gave decent fellatio mixed in with some spectacular sexy time but it was never consistent. Than she had that one 8 week period where she gave you the best sex of your relationship but than you broke her pelvis trying something new and your just not sure if those 8 weeks are a true representation of things to come...haha. Or if she was simply trying to get you to put a ring on her finger. Than while she's healing you were at Rogers party at least looking at some hot young new college grads especially that blonde one with the great rack and you wonder should i have tapped that?

As a fan it’s not negativity saying RT could implode. It’s not negativity saying they should have resigned Landry. It’s not negativity suggesting Gase may be on the hot seat. It’s not negative to say they’ll go 8-8 when you think they’ll go 10-6. I’m not saying I agree with these statements. They may or not be facts or become facts, but after careful study, they can become more predictable to determine their outcomes. As fans, isn’t this what we do? We judge, we debate, we applaud, and we support what matters to us. Isn’t part of the fun of being a fan, doing research, making predictions and being right?

I personally find it embarrassing when Miami fans think their team is much better or worse than it actually is. It gives us fans a bad rap. We’re labeled delusional, lacking foresight, or flat out dumb.

If Miami goes 10-6 then I will be pleasantly surprised. They go 8-8 and I will feel they have something to build on for 2019. Anything less and major changes need to happen and they should start over and completely rebuild. (Starting with TBaum.) However, I don’t think I’m being negative had I felt the latter was the most likely outcome.

Last edited:
Personally I appreciate the more "realist" posters because I can get caught up in the hype and hope of a new season getting our QB back in action. Having the opportunity to see what I put my hope in from a different perspective, or challenge my beliefs on what the Coaches, offense, defense whatever can do tempers my enthusiasm just enough that I don't get caught in that cocoon. Besides, do we really want an echo chamber? I don't think so.

I’m just sick of the attitude that the Dolphins are a joke. Of course, there hasn’t been much success, but we also have never been a laughingstock beyond 2007. We’ve just been perpetually mediocre. Granted, that’s not a great place to be but we’re not bottom of the barrel

Look no one is saying you have to believe we are super bowl bound or that Tanny will ever be a Marino. I don't believe either of those things but have hopes for a good season
I think all the guys posting in the thread are reasonable about it and some think we have a ways to go to ge a good team. After 6 wins that's certainly understandable.
I do know there have been some good additions on both side of the ball and if Ryan can just be solid in his return we have a chance to make some noise.

The staff will make sure all views are heard and as long as no one is just blatantly trolling for a response it's all good.

Good news regardless of our opinions good, bad or indifferent and that is a we are much closer to the end of the RT Gase and moving on era or at the beginning of this franchise turning around. Hope its the latter and we have this season and maybe next to find out. Imo

Good news regardless of our opinions good, bad or indifferent and that is a we are much closer to the end of the RT Gase and moving on era or at the beginning of this franchise turning around. Hope its the latter and we have this season and maybe next to find out. Imo

I

I find it interesting that you are positive about "good news regardless of our opinions" (which is presumptive) about an opinion "end of TR Gase and moving on" (which is negative).

Have you read the story about the emperor who had no clothes?

I might be in the minority here thinking that Ryan Tannehill is a good QB while at the same time I believe that Adam Gase is not a good head coach. I'd like to be proven wrong on the latter please.

That's perfectly fine! At times, I wish I was more positive. The problem on both sides is when the optimists and pessimists start calling each other "not real fans" because of their viewpoints.

Wow. You know, I think you're illustrating the points made by @crumpdaddy and @Michigan Mike . We get it. You're a Tannehill fan. That's great, and we applaud you. Just because he uses this comment about Tannehill isn't a reason to attack him.

This is an absolutely fantastic thread, props OP. It's so true. Some of us are what we like to think of as realists. But nope, we're negative, we're haters. Just because we don't believe this team is destined for the playoffs. And others are homers, blinded etc. Like for instance I see the likes of @Ray R at times getting grief for his sunshine view. I don't always agree with his takes but I LOVE reading them, because it allows me to hope.

But we see it all the time. Tannehill is the obvious extreme case of a thread, where the terms Tannehater and fan boy are constantly thrown around. People can't just have simple back and forth discussing they they think he's good / bad / average etc. They have to be haters / fan boys.

I don't think anyone ever gets grief for having a positive attitude, but when you claim your actual prediction is 19-0 undefeated season and super bowl win (not going to say the name ;p ), I think getting called out on that prediction and searching for the truth is more than fair

Every season brings renewed hope. Wether there is minimal changes, or wholesale changes, its renewed hope. The quality (hoped) quality from the draft brings extra hope.

Bring it on.

You just have to be positive that's all. But also keep an open mind as well.

I might be in the minority here thinking that Ryan Tannehill is a good QB while at the same time I believe that Adam Gase is not a good head coach. I'd like to be proven wrong on the latter please.

I actually think Gase is a good head coach and that Tannehill is a good QB. But that Tannenbaum, Grier, and the scouting department are just ass. I think last year Gase was held back by an FO that wasted money on several free agents, squandered draft picks and sold low on stars that were getting held back by gigantic holes (the OL and backup QB for instance). It's impossible to have a well running offense with an OL as bad as ours, but the scouts (who have been here since the days of Parcells), Grier (also here since Parcells) and Tannenbaum (since 2014) have proven they have no idea how to address the issue.

The problem on both sides is when the optimists and pessimists start calling each other "not real fans" because of their viewpoints.

I have been on the receiving end of this many times. Many fans feel that we must ALWAYS support the entire team. If we don't like a certain player or coach, too bad... you still have to root for them. I'm the complete opposite. I want the team to be successful now and in the future, and if I feel that a certain player isn't good for the team, then I want him gone. Everyone here knows from my previous posts that I don't like Gase, his style of offense, or the style of defense that they run. A similar offense and defense didn't work for Philbin, and IMO it won't work for Gase. Because of this, I'd like to see a new coaching staff... and might as well throw in a new Front Office, too. I think that Ross has made terrible personnel decisions, so I have no faith in him righting the ship. In my mind, the only route to future success would be a total melt-down this year, and then hopefully Ross will clean house and hire someone with experience (or sell the team). And, although I want to see them lose now so that they can clean house and win in the future, most fans will say that I'm not a fan for thinking this. I say that the health and success of the TEAM is more important than any individual player or staff member.

I have been on the receiving end of this many times. Many fans feel that we must ALWAYS support the entire team. If we don't like a certain player or coach, too bad... .

You can hate on almost any player and still be a fan. You can hate on backup/replacement QBs and still be a fan. You can hate on the coach/coaches and still be a fan. You can hate on Grier/Tannenbaum/Ross and still be a fan. You can hate on the logo, uniform, stadium, and the city itself and still be a fan. You can even root for the team to lose and still be a fan.

But say one negative thing about Tannehill and now you are a "fan."

Back
Top Bottom