When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things

Folks, football season comes and goes in a flash. You wait so long for it to get here - then it's over before you know it. Everyone deserves to be able to enjoy it while it's here in whatever way that lets them enjoy it.

Spot on Ted

I just get rubbed the wrong way when 7 or 8 positive things happen in a game (sometimes including winning) and people want to dwell on one negative or one player who had a poor game. It feels like some people feed off finding the negative.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a Ryan Tannehill guy, but I don't see the point in trashing him in thread after thread. I said my piece on him years ago and left it at that. It is what it is.

Folks, football season comes and goes in a flash. You wait so long for it to get here - then it's over before you know it. Everyone deserves to be able to enjoy it while it's here in whatever way that lets them enjoy it.

I'm not even really much of an NFL guy at all. College football is what gets my blood pumping. Nobody here is making any decisions on the players one way or the other. Just be nice to each other and respectful of the other's point of view. You don't know how much it may mean to somebody until it's too late.

screw you and your college football, you have a big ass crimson elephant, I have a pirate that wears purple who hasn't won a HUGE bowl game since Jeff Blake was still QB.

I will say one thing about liking both college and the pros, it gives me a valid excuse to get drunk for two different opening days and grill out (not that I need an excuse, but so ill have one)

and sorry I was told about a week ago I was stupid and unintelligent for using sarcasism in a post, but I already typed it jokingly so im not going to change it now ;-)

This has been a productive thread thus far. I like it. Kudos to the OP for starting it and engendering a reasoned discussion.

Firstly - apology for above, as was pointed out, you didn't attack the poster. I used a bad phrase in there and was wrong.

Oh yeah, I know of this alright.

I don't think it's just limited to those kind of threads, or those about Tannehill though. I've seen it discussing other players, or hopes for the team etc. It's a regular thing that people can't understand how someone else can have a different opinion to them, and the responses turn belittling "Oh, how can you think that, you must be stupid" etc. things like that.

Bear in mind, it's not limited to here. I'm on a forum for another team in another sport .. and the same stuff happens there.

I've responded to a number of your posts before - and a lot about Tannehill as you're very active with your posts about him. And while I don't agree with a lot of them, I think you generally make great points, and back them up extremely well. Thus I enjoy reading them. I think sometimes people (and God knows I have no doubt been guilty of this myself at times!) struggle to get their head around the fact that what they believe themselves isn't necessarily right, and they get incredulous when someone else begs to differ.

Cheers. I realize that I get too involved in some of the Tannehill debates. I purposely stay out of some of the threads that are simply about bashing Tannehill.

Cheers. I realize that I get too involved in some of the Tannehill debates. I purposely stay out of some of the threads that are simply about bashing Tannehill.
Well, we're probably all guilty of that at times. But in fairness to you, at least your posts have great research in them. They make me hope and pray you're 100% right.

Well, we're probably all guilty of that at times. But in fairness to you, at least your posts have great research in them. They make me hope and pray you're 100% right.

If I am, I'll have a drink in your honor (and a few more in mine)

The Tannehill era has been a dozy.

I'm hoping the debate ends sometime before his 10th year. But I don't think it will.

Just as long as this team continues to draft like they did this past year, my hope is firmly down the road.

And another year without Sunday Ticket, even though DirecTV offered it for about 25 a month this year.

The Tannehill era has been a dozy.

I'm hoping the debate ends sometime before his 10th year. But I don't think it will.

Just as long as this team continues to draft like they did this past year, my hope is firmly down the road.

And another year without Sunday Ticket, even though DirecTV offered it for about 25 a month this year.

The only way this debate ends is if he leads the Fins to a Super Bowl.

Otherwise, the debate will shift from "can he" to "why didn't he?" And the finger pointing will start all over again.

I want the fans who have an issue with other fans that post or comment negative or critical things about the team to understand a few things:
1. We really are Miami Dolphins fans. Just because we are speaking honestly doesn't mean we secretly want the team to fail. We are just posting what we believe the truth is about the team with no sugar coating. We don't enjoy being negative, but we are jaded by the team that has hurt us so many times in the past. When we do this, we would LOVE nothing more than to be totally and completely wrong. But we are actually fans
2. We've seen this act before. Season after season we have had our hopes and dreams lifted high by the reporters and beat writers, even other fans, singing the praises of "this team" and "this season" and "these players" only to have them completely dash our hopes. We used to never look at the team objectively but lived in the eternal hope world. Now we notice that sometimes the national media isn't out to get us. Now we realize that sometimes what they say may actually be true and not just a conspiracy. Just because they put on our jersey does not somehow make those players Pro Bowlers.
3. We want the best for the team. The reason why some people may be down on our coaching staff, front office, players, etc... is not to hate on them, but because we believe they are not the ones to make this team successful. For example, pretend with me that Gase ends up being Cam Cameron 2.0 when it's all said and done. The fans that believe that is going to happen are calling for his removal now so that the team can start building correctly (in their minds). Some say that you need consistency and you need to keep a head coach on for years. That is true, but only if they are a good head coach. If they suck, you want them removed immediately so you can start over. That's all that we want. What's best for the team. Now what one fan thinks is best may be different from another but understand that both want the same thing.
4. Let us stop the personal attacks because we disagree on the direction of the team. Don't bash me for thinking Ryan Tannehill is just an average QB and I won't attack you for thinking he's the Messiah reincarnated. We can discuss easily things like "Ryan fails when the pressure is on" and "He has his best stats under Gase" without saying anything negative or derogatory about each other. We disagree on how good our QB will be. Fine, nothing wrong with that. It's called tolerance and respect.

Haven't finished reading all the replies, but I'm responding anyway.
First, there are shades of fans , , , umm, posters. Some seem glaringly like trolls. 'Miami SUCKS.' 'Gase is a clown.' 'I predict the whole season implodes.' Sitton and Wake are old and WILL regress. Jones WILL NOT recover. Harris HAS HIT his ceiling. And hijacking posts to bash their favorite obsession. No questions. ZERO chance any Dolphin player will succeed. Focus on Suh, Pouncey, Landry, and deny any new face(s) can replace them. NO silver lining.
Bitter fans. These are the ones still bringing up Jordan as an example of bad management, as if that regime is still running things. Can't let go of missing out on Brees, Matt Ryan, and various others, as if Miami was the ONLY team in NFL hx to make those mistakes.
Next, those who, like most here, are scarred by too many years of frustration. I've been there. Still there. These posters are sure the past will repeat. Gase and Burke will let us down. Tannehill, Lippett, and McMillan MAY get re-injured. Fear of too many penalties. Not absolute in their opinions, but pessimistic. I have respect for this group.
Cautiously optimistic. I put myself in this group. Every fan knows some greatly anticipated players will disappoint and some will unexpectedly surprise. Fans just don't know which ones. I'm not sold on Gase, but I think he will do well if he can become a good OC.
Dreamers (no attempt to be condescending). Miami will win 11-2 and make it to the SB. Fitz, Sick, and Harris will be All-Pro. Those may happen, but unlikely.
As long as those in any group can admit what they expect is opinion and there's some likelihood Miami and individual players can be other than what is expected, most here can be civil. I've been negative on Gase, Burke, RT and others, and have yet to be called a troll. But start with absolutes and hijack threads for your favorite cause, and civility disappears.

Back
Top Bottom