When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things

The only way this debate ends is if he leads the Fins to a Super Bowl.

Otherwise, the debate will shift from "can he" to "why didn't he?" And the finger pointing will start all over again.

In year 7, just give me consistency and growth.

In year 7, just give me consistency and growth.

Agreed . . . after the first 4-6 games. Give me some indication the coaching and talent has improved. Let me see the team start acting like a competitive team. I can live with missing the playoffs if I see reason for optimism.

This season will make or break tannehill officially. I'm holding my breathe on the tannehill we saw in 2016 during their winning streak.

If he can play like that again this season then I'm all in on him. But if plays like he has in previous years then I'm going to say it's time to move because he's proven he isn't horrible but also hasn't proved that he's good enough either.

That's my whole issue with tannehill, he isn't bad, not bad at all but is that enough?

We shall see this year

I'm already stocked up.

photofunky.gif

No, the truth is that many in Group A feel Tannehill is a bottom of the league QB and won't say it.

Actually, it's much worse than that. Devastatingly worse than that. I've said it many times. Many of us would beg for Tannehill to be either awful or a Messiah. Instead, he's in that catastrophic category that was best expressed by roy miami a couple of years ago...a quarterback just good enough to waste away a full decade of our football rooting lives.

Actually, it's much worse than that. Devastatingly worse than that. I've said it many times. Many of us would beg for Tannehill to be either awful or a Messiah. Instead, he's in that catastrophic category that was best expressed by roy miami a couple of years ago...a quarterback just good enough to waste away a full decade of our football rooting lives.

Like Marino from 1986 - 1999? Or maybe that decade plus was wasted for other reasons?

Hm, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with this. I don't see anywhere in the post where he attacked the poster except for maybe asking the poster to reflect on himself. I understand the comment about self reflection because the OP made a condescending comment about Tannehill supporters. Notice the contrast between "Don't bash me for thinking Ryan Tannehill is just an average QB and I won't attack you for thinking he's the Messiah reincarnated." How is there any sort of equivalence between the two descriptions, average qb vs Messiah Incarnate? It's posts like that that are abrasive and unnecessary, don't defend it if you actually want civil discussion. Civil discussion involves facts, points, and counter-points not insulting exaggerations. It's comments like that that derail threads. Especially when no one is saying anything close to what's being implied. It appears that if you try to say that RT is an above average QB then you get accused of worshiping the ground he walks on(see the OP's comment), do you see the double standard? It's not some imagined phenomena, I noticed it, FFIB noticed it and so did Sarnics13. So ask yourself, if you truly want a healthy discussion, are comments like that solving anything? If not, then they are part of the problem and their criticism is deserved.

Best post in this thread, from a guy with 9 posts! Hope to see you around hear more. Cheers!

It makes me wonder what the hell we'd all talk about if the stars align and we have a fantastic season with a deep postseason run. How would this forum hold up with all the positivity?

It's been a rough 15 years and a good portion of us left tend to expect the worst and be overly critical. There's still a sprinkling of people who expect the inevitable turn around and look for signs of that.

We have a special kind of disfunction going on around here and it seems to manifest itself in polarizing opinions.

I'm not much of a Ryan Tannehill guy, but I don't see the point in trashing him in thread after thread. I said my piece on him years ago and left it at that. It is what it is.

Folks, football season comes and goes in a flash. You wait so long for it to get here - then it's over before you know it. Everyone deserves to be able to enjoy it while it's here in whatever way that lets them enjoy it.

I'm not even really much of an NFL guy at all. College football is what gets my blood pumping. Nobody here is making any decisions on the players one way or the other. Just be nice to each other and respectful of the other's point of view. You don't know how much it may mean to somebody until it's too late.
The day I have to agree with a Bama fan is the day hell opens its doors....and today I am walking through the gates. :laugh

Back
Top Bottom