When will we start using Minor the right way?

Mistaquiji

Scout Team
Joined
Nov 8, 2003
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Sure he's a decent kick returner, good at special teams, and is a good 3rd down back, but when are we gonna start throwing the ball to this guy. I think he has the cabability to be the second best runningback/reciever behind Brian Westbrook. He needs more looks in 2005 Carrying the ball alittle more and then at times audible the play and put him on a recieving route. I still remeber the time he made that diving catch in the end zone vs buffalo in 2002...now how many runningbacks can do that???
 

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
3,941
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Coral Springs, Florida
He's the second coming of Marshall Faulk.
</sarcasm>

He can catch though, I'll give you that. Maybe with Linehan's offense we'll give him some screens and a few catches every game.
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,049
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
England
erm... i kinda agree to an extent.

He is not marshall faulk and he is not brian westbrook... but he can catch the ball, as could Konrad, we just never utilised them.
 

FinSinceBirth

If you aren't a gator, you're gator bait
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Location
Gator Town USA
Also, Minor is a swing back who can jun it to the outside, not someone like Ricky who can pound it through people. That's why it never made sense to me that we would always call plays that sent Minor up the middle and very few plays to the outside. I guess it's just more 'wad' ball.
 

gofishn

Starter
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
FinSinceBirth said:
Also, Minor is a swing back who can jun it to the outside, not someone like Ricky who can pound it through people. That's why it never made sense to me that we would always call plays that sent Minor up the middle and very few plays to the outside. I guess it's just more 'wad' ball.
That was one of Dave's favorite things last year, and even Bates did it too. It always puzzled me to see them slamming Minor up the middle, when he is clearly an East-West type runner, almost a scat back...not a North-South power guy...He can be a very effective player if used correctly. Based on what we saw last year he can't carry the load of being a featured back but he can be a nice complementary and third down back to someone who is more of a power runner.
 

FinSinceBirth

If you aren't a gator, you're gator bait
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
0
Location
Gator Town USA
gofishn said:
That was one of Dave's favorite things last year, and even Bates did it too. It always puzzled me to see them slamming Minor up the middle, when he is clearly an East-West type runner, almost a scat back...not a North-South power guy...He can be a very effective player if used correctly. Based on what we saw last year he can't carry the load of being a featured back but he can be a nice complementary and third down back to someone who is more of a power runner.
That's why I'm really glad Bates and Wanny are gone, because their mentality was line our guy against yours and let the better guy win. But the NFL is now more strategic and schemes. Good riddance and thank god for Saban.
 

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Apr 29, 2003
Messages
2,989
Reaction score
0
We'll start using him the right way when he mraculously changes his ability. Not likely.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
When will we start using Minor the right way?

The second we cut him. :evil:
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
2
Location
Miami FLA
Mistaquiji said:
Sure he's a decent kick returner, good at special teams, and is a good 3rd down back, but when are we gonna start throwing the ball to this guy. I think he has the cabability to be the second best runningback/reciever behind Brian Westbrook. He needs more looks in 2005 Carrying the ball alittle more and then at times audible the play and put him on a recieving route. I still remeber the time he made that diving catch in the end zone vs buffalo in 2002...now how many runningbacks can do that???
Don't be so sure they will use him at all this year. If they draft a Rb, as many mock drafts have them taking one of the three, he will be looking for work sometime in August.
 

Fitz

Hammered
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
I think you forgot about Ladian Tomilson.....He's a much better receiving back then Brian Westbrook. :shakeno: :roflmao:
 
Top Bottom