Where do you rank the AFCE QBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do you rank the AFCE QBs

Allen is the only known, the rest is bias.
Actually Newton has been in the league much longer than Allen. So I think it is possible to rate him without being biased. The rest of the ranking are obviously biased because no one really knows how Wilson and Tua will develop over the next few years. Yet Wilson hasn’t played a single down in the NFL and therefore you really can’t rate him over players who have already played in the NFL.

I rated Jones over Wilson simply because I think he will be a better NFL QB than Wilson. Even thought Wilson is expected to be the Jets starter while Jones will start his career as Newton’s backup.

Actually Newton has been in the league much longer than Allen. So I think it is possible to rate him without being biased. The rest of the ranking are obviously biased because no one really knows how Wilson and Tua will develop over the next few years. Yet Wilson hasn’t played a single down in the NFL and therefore you really can’t rate him over players who have already played in the NFL.

I rated Jones over Wilson simply because I think he will be a better NFL QB than Wilson. Even thought Wilson is expected to be the Jets starter while Jones will start his career as Newton’s backup.

I also don't think its bias to say Tua -should- perform better than an extremely raw rookie QB.

I'm not really sold on Tua and not afraid to say it but I think given the decline of Newton and the fact Wilson is a raw rookie who needs to develop theres no bias in ranking them.

Of course Wilson could light the world on fire or Cam could revert to his old self, but the thread is asking for a projectiok based on what we know.

Allen is the only known, the rest is bias.
This.

Our other AFCE Rivals are aiming to have their rookies take over they are complete unknowns, so ranking them relative to Tua is next to impossible. Tua was mediocre last year, but it is unknown if that mediocrity is a result of him simply being mediocre, returning from an injury in the weirdest offseason ever, or simply being a rookie who needs more work to reach potential. Allen is the only known commodity expected to start by the end of the season.

Newton is also being replaced sooner than later, so ranking him is pointless.

I don't think for a second that Mac & Cheese (that's Cam Newton's nickname for him) is going to be better than Wilson. While Jones had an impressive completion % in college, his low velocity is going to be a liability in the NFL. Even just watching his highlight reel, what you will see are numerous downfield throws that, while impressively accurate, are slow, lose their velocity, and drop from the sky into the receiver's bread-basket. If the CBs he faced in college had turned their heads, those throws turn into jump=balls.

Wilson isn't exactly a cannon. But he has velocity to his throws, and he's athletic. When Jones gets flushed from the pocket, he is going to get mashed in an NFL game.

Just gong to leave this here. Hopefully, it embeds. (I apologize that it comes from a Bills homer.) That's "Mac & Cheese" Jones wearing #50, for some reason...

Back
Top Bottom