Where do you read Boomer's regular threads? VIP? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do you read Boomer's regular threads? VIP?

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just curious. He recently posted here and a number of people responded. Is there a regular location to go to get access to his threads?

Lee2000:confused:

If so, then this forum = the new espn.com...that'd be pretty sad.

Lee2000 said:
Just curious. He recently posted here and a number of people responded. Is there a regular location to go to get access to his threads?

Lee2000:confused:

He usually can be found in the VIP forum.

that's a big thumbs down........

Blueprint said:
that's a big thumbs down........

He dosen't want to deal with the "dumbed down avg. fan" posts and responses that have taken over the main board.

It's his choice to post where he wants and I really can't blame him for not wanting to waste his time.

Blueprint said:
If so, then this forum = the new espn.com...that'd be pretty sad.

no it's not. On espn.com writers do not have to deal with people bashing them.

As that sadly happens with boom here, I'd respect his option to not post in the main forum with frequency

BrazForPhins said:

As that sadly happens with boom here, I'd respect his option to not post in the main forum with frequency

nah, I was basing my "if so" as the site using him as an incentive for more V.I.P. members.

but actually, that's not true about espn.com. for those writers, it's simply a way for ESPN to make more money. there's a way around everything. I've been an Insider since it's been up without paying a penny. :cooldude:

still, the thought of keeping things away from the board with a V.I.P. forum was never a good idea, IMO. But like I said, it's my opinion.

Blueprint said:
nah, I was basing my "if so" as the site using him as an incentive for more V.I.P. members.

but actually, that's not true about espn.com. for those writers, it's simply a way for ESPN to make more money. there's a way around everything. I've been an Insider since it's been up without paying a penny. :cooldude:

still, the thought of keeping things away from the board with a V.I.P. forum was never a good idea, IMO. But like I said, it's my opinion.

oh, got your point now, sorry

but no, it's just his option..not an incentive for more VIP members..although inside the VIP you get so much info that most of the members in there are already an icentive for others joining it, not only boomer's input

as for the VIP existence, you should be there to change your opinion :D
and seriously, you're a great poster, you'd be a good contributor to the VIP

ESPN WRITERS get paid well and do not post in free forums(generally)
Also, pro scouts, they post their resume so it is all verifiable. If one claims to scout and watch film ....then post thoughts in a public forum (being subject to public scrutiny) is pretty much to be expected.

Blueprint said:

I don't know where you'd get that assumption, but it is not correct.

Members are free to post wherever they like. He choses to post predominantly in VIP. It's strictly his perogative.

Trekbiz said:
He dosen't want to deal with the "dumbed down avg. fan" posts and responses that have taken over the main board.

It's his choice to post where he wants and I really can't blame him for not wanting to waste his time.

So 36 dollars a year raises one's sport's intelligence i guess since there are no dumbded down avg. fans in VIP. He really has a poor opinion of 90% of the poster's anyway so I could care less if he posts on the main board. Some people should get over one's self.

BrazForPhins said:

Everyone gets bashed at times but he has done his share of bashing. He loves it when you praise him and if you disagree with him then he thinks you are a dumbed down fan or worse. If he chooses to only post in VIP where I guess nobody will disagree with him or dispute something he says then that is his perogitive.

Back
Top Bottom