Where do you read Boomer's regular threads? VIP? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where do you read Boomer's regular threads? VIP?

the VIP section is great. if you love this site, it's worth the money not only to get all the great reading (not just from boomer...CK especially posts some great things), but you help the site out as well.

dlockz said:
Everyone gets bashed at times but he has done his share of bashing. He loves it when you praise him and if you disagree with him then he thinks you are a dumbed down fan or worse. If he chooses to only post in VIP where I guess nobody will disagree with him or dispute something he says then that is his perogitive.
There are plenty of people that disagree with Boomer, it's just that most VIPers, are able to articulate their point in a well reasoned manner without personal attacks.

well said inFINS.

dlockz;
So 36 dollars a year raises one's sport's intelligence i guess since there are no dumbded down avg. fans in VIP. He really has a poor opinion of 90% of the poster's anyway so I could care less if he posts on the main board. Some people should get over one's self.

you are so mean spirited... and it's "dumbed" down...

dlockz;
Everyone gets bashed at times but he has done his share of bashing. He loves it when you praise him and if you disagree with him then he thinks you are a dumbed down fan or worse. If he chooses to only post in VIP where I guess nobody will disagree with him or dispute something he says then that is his perogitive.

...mean spirited and a crybaby, does it bother you that Boomer has the respect of so many others and we just laugh at your hateful comments. For someone who refuse to support the very board you live on you sure have some strong derisive opinions..especially about a place you don't really know anything about. It seems like every time the subject of VIP comes up you come running in to bash it. pffft, You wouldn't last in VIP because you add virtually nothing to any thread, you revel in disruption...and that's not tolerated in VIP.

cnc66 said:
well said inFINS.

dlockz;

you are so mean spirited... and it's "dumbed" down...

dlockz;

...mean spirited and a crybaby, does it bother you that Boomer has the respect of so many others and we just laugh at your hateful comments. For someone who refuse to support the very board you live on you sure have some strong derisive opinions..especially about a place you don't really know anything about. It seems like every time the subject of VIP comes up you come running in to bash it. pffft, You wouldn't last in VIP because you add virtually nothing to any thread, you revel in disruption...and that's not tolerated in VIP.

Just pump yourself up. I have a typo and you caught it so I must not be very intelligent. i'm sure nobody has a typo in VIP. Nobody in non-VIP adds anything to the discussion I guess. What I dislike about this board is that If most people make a comment they are called on it but if Boomer makes a coment like and I quote.

"90% of people that post at FH are R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. 2% actually know who Joe Toledo is and 1% have watched him play. The majority of people only want to sign players they see on SportsCentre"

I take this as a swipe at the board and uncalled for because he disagrees with what a person had to say. It dissapoints me that not one mod chose to even call him on that but I chose to call him out on that instead of ignoring it.

His reply I quote" I'm not sure what you're point is or even if you have a point, suffice to say I owe no-one an apology for that post and I stand by every word. "

As for my support of the board, maybe more people would want to support the board if your so called elite would not insult the rest of the non-VIP section of the board. I think supporting this site is a great thing and have nothing against VIP, I just don't like hearing drivel about the non-VIP is full of idiots and VIP only has real discussion. I don't know maybe if I was running a website I would not motivate them by calling them names because I don't agree with them. Maybe I would try to sell the good points without insulting my buyer. I know its a strange concept.

As for your comment on me being mean spirited and a whiner, hell thats your opinion, even if its incorrect. If all you do is laugh at my comments than at least I have brought you laughter. If all the board respects what Boomer has to say I have no problem with it, it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the lack of respect he gives the rest of the board with immature comments like the one I was referring to and the free pass he gets each time he gets upset. As for me lasting in that elite division known as VIP, get over yourself. I am a very knowledgable fan and can hold my own in any conversation on the Phins. If you choose to see me as disruptive then that again is your opinion. I won't get into the petty name calling that you brought into the conversation.

My final word on VIP is that I have no problem that we have created VIP to help the site out and I encourage anyone to give to Finheaven. I just don't agree that its selling point is that there will be no moronic posts because its entry level is based on money not poster's knowledge. I don't think we have to insult the non-premium members to sell the advantages of VIP. Please feel free to point out any more typos that I may have included in this post. I really love when people make an issue about a misstype to make a sly point. I bet when you pointed that out, you made a Kelso type moan of "burn".

Reference to That 70's show in case you were not sure.

I think you need to just let it go and get off the guy's you know what already.

In Boomer's thread, you came completely off topic. And then you bumped the thread 4 days after it'd died so you could rehash the sidebar. I have since removed all those posts from the thread.

You may think that you're fighting some righteous battle, but you're just stirring up trouble.....which seems like part of the allure.

If you truly cared about what is right, you'd take your beef to PMs or to this here forum, or to a staff member. Not bring personal beef out of left field into a thread that was moving along just fine. Outside of that sidebar, the 10 or so page thread went pretty well.

Anyway, that's my take.

Muck said:
I think you need to just let it go and get off the guy's you know what already.

In Boomer's thread, you came completely off topic. And then you bumped the thread 4 days after it'd died so you could rehash the sidebar. I have since removed all those posts from the thread.

You may think that you're fighting some righteous battle, but you're just stirring up trouble.....which seems like part of the allure.

If you truly cared about what is right, you'd take your beef to PMs or to this here forum, or to a staff member. Not bring personal beef out of left field into a thread that was moving along just fine. Outside of that sidebar, the 10 or so page thread went pretty well.

Anyway, that's my take.

Yea, i have nothing better to do than start trouble. I only replied to the thread because I just saw the reply so you are completely wrong on that take. I just keep trying to figure out why its ok to call 90% of the board r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d but i'm a troublemaker. When the mods start modding people all the same this will be better board. But cool castigate me or if people insult others it fine. Why don't we mod in a fair manner that's all i am asking? I have written stafff members before and I get no response at all, so why should I waste my time. I don't go off topic anymore than anyone else and the reference to boomer not wanting to deal with dumbed down threads was not started by me, so hopefully you also posted on that, of course not. Just wondering why the post that insulted the majority of the board was not taken down.

As far as I am concerned the subject is over, some people can say what they want and its no big deal and others just need to be quiet I guess. I will not make any further reference to someone calling the board 90% r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d. As long as nobody references this subject to me in any post, i have no more to say on that particular issue. Like I said I was just responding to his post, that I saw for the first time last night. He stated that people were feeding on his info for free and if he wants to get paid, should charge so he can quit grumbling about giving it away. I unlike maybe some other people do my own research so if i feel it has value i would pay, but at this time I see better value in other people's info.

dlockz said:
Yea, i have nothing better to do than start trouble. I only replied to the thread because I just saw the reply so you are completely wrong on that take. I just keep trying to figure out why its ok to call 90% of the board r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d but i'm a troublemaker. When the mods start modding people all the same this will be better board. But cool castigate me or if people insult others it fine. Why don't we mod in a fair manner that's all i am asking? I have written stafff members before and I get no response at all, so why should I waste my time. I don't go off topic anymore than anyone else and the reference to boomer not wanting to deal with dumbed down threads was not started by me, so hopefully you also posted on that, of course not. Just wondering why the post that insulted the majority of the board was not taken down.

So you admit that you came out of left field and attempted to hijack the thread.

Thank you.

Apparently, you've got nothing better to do than follow Boomer around.

I only replied to the thread because I just saw the reply so you are completely wrong on that take.

So you just happened upon that thread again, saw Boomer's response and decided, "Gee golly, what the heck!!".

Right.

In reality, you went back SEVEN pages....found the thread.....then went 5 or so pages backwards in said thread to find his response. Not last night. At 10:30am this morning. Again, the thread had died 4 days earlier.

Normally I'd say that's somebody looking for conflict. But you've obviously got plenty of other things to do.

I'm sorry that we can't catch everything. I'm sorry that life's not always fair. And I'm sorry that so many others like yourself have been persecuted against. We really need to do a better job of hiding our attempts to mod unfairly.

We don't catch everything. On purpose, of course (shhhhh). That's why we need posters like you, to interject when injustice has taken place, regardless of where and when.

So please, feel free to hijack a thread whenever you feel a crusade coming on.

Muck said:
So you admit that you came out of left field and attempted to hijack the thread.

Thank you.

Apparently, you've got nothing better to do than follow Boomer around.

So you just happened upon that thread again, saw Boomer's response and decided, "Gee golly, what the heck!!".

Right.

In reality, you went back SEVEN pages....found the thread.....then went 5 or so pages backwards in said thread to find his response. Not last night. At 10:30am this morning. Again, the thread had died 4 days earlier.

Normally I'd say that's somebody looking for conflict. But you've obviously got plenty of other things to do.

I'm sorry that we can't catch everything. I'm sorry that life's not always fair. And I'm sorry that so many others like yourself have been persecuted against. We really need to do a better job of hiding our attempts to mod unfairly.

We don't catch everything. On purpose, of course (shhhhh). That's why we need posters like you, to interject when injustice has taken place, regardless of where and when.

So please, feel free to hijack a thread whenever you feel a crusade coming on.

Your completely wrong Muck, You dont have one clue about what happened so speculate all you want. If you want to draw your own conclusions fine, if you want to hear yourself talk about what you don't really know fine. What I said about the unfair moderation is true but we will all just deal with it. I personally don't care what you think about was going on. Your looking for some kind of conflict yourself I guess because you just have to try to throw in your jabs but like I said I don't care what you think, because you don't really know.

inFINSible said:
There are plenty of people that disagree with Boomer, it's just that most VIPers, are able to articulate their point in a well reasoned manner without personal attacks.
exactly. the best threads in the VIP start out as someone making a point, and then others disagreeing, and providing an argument for their side, and lots of discussion comes from this. it's not just some guy calling the threadstarter an idiot or using :sidelol:'s every other word.

dlockz said:
Your completely wrong Muck, You dont have one clue about what happened so speculate all you want. If you want to draw your own conclusions fine, if you want to hear yourself talk about what you don't really know fine. What I said about the unfair moderation is true but we will all just deal with it. I personally don't care what you think about was going on. Your looking for some kind of conflict yourself I guess because you just have to try to throw in your jabs but like I said I don't care what you think, because you don't really know.

Funny how you dish it out but can't take it.

Funny how it's righteous when you do it, but arrogant and off-base when I do it.

I enjoy these kinds of exchanges. I like calling people on their BS. Especially when it bothers them.

You say you could care less, yet you keep responding. My money says you'll keep it going, even though we've hit a dead end.

I think I know what went on just fine. It's been rehashed 10 times. Unless there's some big conspiracy I'm missing.....which would explain why David Duchovney and Oliver Stone have tapped my phones and black helicopters are swirling the forums under the cover of night as we speak. :eek:

Mildy funny response in some ways, you have your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

dlockz said:
Mildy funny response in some ways, you have your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

If you posted in VIP you'd know the difference. It's not that the main board is a bunch of idiots. You just won't find the same rehashed garbage and bickering in VIP, and IMO (only been in VIP for a couple months) you get more consistant intellegent conversation.

Dolfan984 said:
If you posted in VIP you'd know the difference. It's not that the main board is a bunch of idiots. You just won't find the same rehashed garbage and bickering in VIP, and IMO (only been in VIP for a couple months) you get more consistant intellegent conversation.

I think VIp is a great idea to support the site and I have no beef with VIP. I just don't like people downtalking the rest of the site whenever they get thier feeling hurt. Thats all. I am going to donate but feel no need at this time to go VIP but maybe some of your great comments may change that. alot of great sites just dissapear because they get no financial support Phinzone comes to mind as well as NFLtalk.com. Please support the site.

Back
Top Bottom