Where does Kiper have | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where does Kiper have

I saw the Senior Bowl, and Jay Cutler demonstrated some talent but had shaky mechanics. Alabama QB Brodie Croyle demonstrated sound mechanics and that he could throw the deep ball. How high will he go in the draft? -- Wendell, Stillwater, Okla.
I wasn't raving about Cutler during week of the Senior Bowl and during the game. He had a solid week, but he wasn't spectacular. Croyle was on fire in practice the Wednesday leading up to the Senior Bowl but took a step back on Thursday. He has a strong arm, but I'd like to see his decision-making be more consistent. And, as mentioned earlier, his durability is a concern because of the previous knee injuries. Overall, Croyle has a chance to be a third-round pick while Cutler should be in the top 10-15.

From Kiper's mail bag....and what a lying POS Kiper is...all week he kept saying how Cutler was this and that a top 5 player....and when Cutler had a bad senior Bowl...he's now cooling off him and stepping back from his earlier comments.

fishypete said:
From Kiper's mail bag....and what a lying POS Kiper is...all week he kept saying how Cutler was this and that a top 5 player....and when Cutler had a bad senior Bowl...he's now cooling off him and stepping back from his earlier comments.
wrong. kiper has always said cutler isn't in the class of leinart and young. you're thinking chris mortensen, or skip bayless. pretty much all he's said is that he's a top 10 pick.

Juan Cribbs said:
wrong. kiper has always said cutler isn't in the class of leinart and young. you're thinking chris mortensen, or skip bayless. pretty much all he's said is that he's a top 10 pick.

Actually...not wrong JC....I watched ESPN every day while they were at the senior Bowl and Kiper couldn't say enough about how Cutler was the climbing up the boards....could be a top 5 selection. Right after Cutler showed himself weak in the senior Bowl game...Kipers backtracking....which isn't nothing new for him. Notice Kiper has Cutler in the 10-15 range....I wonder by draft day...where Cutler will be on Kipers chart?

Juan Cribbs said:

Mortensen said he was the Best QB in the Draft.

fishypete said:
Actually...not wrong JC....I watched ESPN every day while they were at the senior Bowl and Kiper couldn't say enough about how Cutler was the climbing up the boards....could be a top 5 selection. Right after Cutler showed himself weak in the senior Bowl game...Kipers backtracking....which isn't nothing new for him. Notice Kiper has Cutler in the 10-15 range....I wonder by draft day...where Cutler will be on Kipers chart?
he said he was climbing, which is accurate. that's why he has detroit taking him in his mock draft. he didn't backtrack. and if he did...what point are you making? you yourself said cutler didn't look at the senior bowl. by your logic, you should praise him for what he (didn't) say.

I dont care what Kiper says other than educating me on things that I dont know.
You always hear these weaknesses and some weaknesses are just weak prognostications.

Juan Cribbs said:
he said he was climbing, which is accurate. that's why he has detroit taking him in his mock draft. he didn't backtrack. and if he did...what point are you making? you yourself said cutler didn't look at the senior bowl. by your logic, you should praise him for what he (didn't) say.

JC....Cutler was climbing long before the Senior Bowl...just another example of a player getting hyped up from the media and so called draft experts...the only thing you'll will hear from any scout or from any GM and headcoach is nice words for Cutler...but you'll hear that for any player....they aren't going to tell you anything close to the truth...not at this time of the year.

To get to the point about Kiper...people like him are monkey see..monkey do...ever notice when one say's something about a player...sooner or later they basically all say the same thing. All we heard last year was how great Rodgers was...how he was a lock in the top 5....but when it came time for the real people in the know...and those in charge to make the decision...Rodgers fell like a rock. So what happen to all those smart monkeys that obviously were wrong about Rodgers? When it comes down to it...their no smarter than any fan...and they are all guessing...sometimes they guess right....many times they guess wrong.

Who cares what any of those guys say? Is ok to listen to what they're saying and all but what matters on draft day is what Saban do and who he takes for our team....nobody can be right all the time.

Ozzy rules!!

fishypete said:
JC....Cutler was climbing long before the Senior Bowl...just another example of a player getting hyped up from the media and so called draft experts...the only thing you'll will hear from any scout or from any GM and headcoach is nice words for Cutler...but you'll hear that for any player....they aren't going to tell you anything close to the truth...not at this time of the year.

To get to the point about Kiper...people like him are monkey see..monkey do...ever notice when one say's something about a player...sooner or later they basically all say the same thing. All we heard last year was how great Rodgers was...how he was a lock in the top 5....but when it came time for the real people in the know...and those in charge to make the decision...Rodgers fell like a rock. So what happen to all those smart monkeys that obviously were wrong about Rodgers? When it comes down to it...their no smarter than any fan...and they are all guessing...sometimes they guess right....many times they guess wrong.

well, I think Kiper does make some different prognosis on some players in the end than others but for the most part it is the same. Kiper is a seller of goods and is not looking at it from the aspect of a team and a coach. He would acknowledge that.

but the quote by Kiper about Cutler doesnt make any sense to me, he says he basically wa not all that impressive and then says Croyle is a third rounder after looking so good. So, that right there tells you its all a sales job in the end. dont buy into the sales job. If you think Saban is truly interested in Cutler, you have another thing coming.

finfan54 said:
well, I think Kiper does make some different prognosis on some players in the end than others but for the most part it is the same. Kiper is a seller of goods and is not looking at it from the aspect of a team and a coach. He would acknowledge that.

but the quote by Kiper about Cutler doesnt make any sense to me, he says he basically wa not all that impressive and then says Croyle is a third rounder after looking so good. So, that right there tells you its all a sales job in the end. dont buy into the sales job. If you think Saban is truly interested in Cutler, you have another thing coming.

Like I wrote before....all the guru's had Rodgers going in the top 5 last year...and they were wrong. The only thing that matters is what happens on draft day....everything else is B.S.!!!

Back
Top Bottom