Where was Manuel Wright??? trouble??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where was Manuel Wright??? trouble???

LarryFinFan said:
He was found, huddled in a backroom closet, crying and weeping...afraid to go out there and sit with the big boys.....

(just kidding..had to say it....)

:rolleyes2

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
Amen to that!!!! Manny didn't cry because Nick scared him, he cried because he was upset with himself. Manny's dad said that was exactly why Manny cried. He wanted to make an impression and felt like he let the team down. You people who are supposed DOLPHIN FANS need to stop the insults towards Manny. He is a Dolphin and we need to give him 100% of our support!!!!!

No need to take this thread so seriously, we are all just having a little fun. It's not like we don't want Manny to succeed or anything like that it's just that nothing like that has happened to the Dolphins in a while. The kid has got some strong motivation to do well in here i think we definately got a steal.

opfinistic said:
Fickle hypocrite? I've been a fan through thick and thin (glad it's been mostly thick) and I highly doubt Manny Wright is going to ask to be traded because he read some wiseass comment on a message board. People who choose a career that puts them in the public's eye are always viewed with a microscope and anything they do or say will be noticed, blown out of proportion and remembered. They should be prepared for that.

A hypocrite is someone who states beliefs that he does not hold true.
I in no way said you were one of those fans. I'm just saying by the way he bounced back from one of the most humiliating things I've seen a pro player go through people needs to slack up IMO. Alot of players read message boards and I know some players if not all know this is the best Phins site around and look in from time to time. Yeah he is in a profession that draws attention and he was forced into the situation earlier than almost anyone and deserves a little slack because we all knew this when Saban chose that he was a project that could have high rewards. If people don't think he deserves a chance or already shown that he is commited to the team and can come back from something like that should try and put theirselves in his situation. I am taking up for the guy who has shown guts, determination, and perseverance and trying to inform the people of all the good things he did instead of the one and only mistake he made.

clear.gif

G-Force said:
I in no way said you were one of those fans. I'm just saying by the way he bounced back from one of the most humiliating things I've seen a pro player go through people needs to slack up IMO. Alot of players read message boards and I know some players if not all know this is the best Phins site around and look in from time to time. Yeah he is in a profession that draws attention and he was forced into the situation earlier than almost anyone and deserves a little slack because we all knew this when Saban chose that he was a project that could have high rewards. If people don't think he deserves a chance or already shown that he is commited to the team and can come back from something like that should try and put theirselves in his situation. I am taking up for the guy who has shown guts, determination, and perseverance and trying to inform the people of all the good things he did instead of the one and only mistake he made.
I don't disagree with you here. But I couldn't avoid the potshot. Just a wiseass I guess.

icephinfan said:
He was watching Ol' Yeller and cying his eye's out.

Anybody who doesn't cry at old yeller is dead inside.

Count me among those that think the guy has been razzed about that enough.

I thought he handled the situation very, very well. A whole lot of people, most even, would have totally folded under the extreme pressure of being a national laughingstock. He didn't.

The other reason I'm over the crying jokes are that they are outdated, overdone and just too easy.

It's like throwing out a "where's the beef" joke, or a "I've fallen and I can't get up! LOL11!!!!"

A Wing Pilot said:
hu·mor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hymr)
n.
1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit1.
4. One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health.

We're allowed to laugh it up, just because you don't think its funny doesn't mean that it is not funny.

beat/flog a dead horse
  1. To continue to pursue a cause that has no hope of success.
  2. To dwell tiresomely on a matter that has already been decided.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
Amen to that!!!! Manny didn't cry because Nick scared him, he cried because he was upset with himself. Manny's dad said that was exactly why Manny cried. He wanted to make an impression and felt like he let the team down. You people who are supposed DOLPHIN FANS need to stop the insults towards Manny. He is a Dolphin and we need to give him 100% of our support!!!!!

I'll go give him a hug.

The point of this thread was not to laugh at Wright but to wonder why a guy would miss a required team event without notifying the team? Wright started off poorly but by the end of the season had shown enough to tease us all with his potential.

Saban though is a man of great personal discipline and I have got to think this absence, if it proves unjustified, will not sit well with Nick or Wright's teammates.

A Wing Pilot said:
hu·mor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hymr)
n.
1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.
2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit1.
4. One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health.

Wow, who knew...interesting use of the word. The English Language is so complex.

Back
Top Bottom