Where Will Alfonso Soriano end Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Will Alfonso Soriano end Up

Which Team Will Acquire Soriano before the Deadline?

• Anaheim

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Detroit

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Houston

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Chicago White Sox

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • New York Yankees

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PHINATIC13 said:
you gotta hunch Mike where Soriano ends up? I'm hoping he doesn't go to the chi-sox.I only want him if signs to play in ANA. long term(2-3yrs.).

LAA, Chi, or Detroit

ESPN is reporting 2 new names in the hunt. Boston and (get this) FLORIDA!!!!!

Astros, Angles and Twins are the front runners. With Florida right there. ESPN seems to think Boston won't part with any young talent.

MikeO said:
ESPN is reporting 2 new names in the hunt. Boston and (get this) FLORIDA!!!!!

Astros, Angles and Twins are the front runners. With Florida right there. ESPN seems to think Boston won't part with any young talent.

Geez no thanks, I don't want Soriano. I know he's putting up huge numbers and is a great player but I just think back to the 2002 and 2003 playoffs when he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Ray Finkle said:
Geez no thanks, I don't want Soriano. I know he's putting up huge numbers and is a great player but I just think back to the 2002 and 2003 playoffs when he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

They are saying boston is last on the list cause they don't want to give anyone up. I wouldn't expect it, but ya never know.

it'd be a huge mistake for the Nats to keep Soriano.

There's no way he's resigning with them and they're not going anywhere this year.

Chavez Ravine said:
it'd be a huge mistake for the Nats to keep Soriano.

There's no way he's resigning with them and they're not going anywhere this year.
i agree

I think the Marlins have the best shot (Maybe its some home biased)

I think he is either ours to take or lose, we have the best pitching prospects to give up out of all the teams in this, it just comes down to how bad we want them (I want him bad) If we signed him to an extension (and dont say we couldnt our total payroll is currently just over 14 Mil) it could really rejuvinate the franchise

Alex44 said:
I think the Marlins have the best shot (Maybe its some home biased)

I think he is either ours to take or lose, we have the best pitching prospects to give up out of all the teams in this, it just comes down to how bad we want them (I want him bad) If we signed him to an extension (and dont say we couldnt our total payroll is currently just over 14 Mil) it could really rejuvinate the franchise

You can't afford to keep Delgado, Beckett, or LoDuca but now you can afford Soriano??:confused: :confused: :confused:

He wil rejuvinate the franchise for 1 month. Then Sep comes, Dolphins football starts, the Marlins are out of the race, and nobody will care. Come December Soriano is playing for the Orioles or Angles.

MikeO said:
You can't afford to keep Delgado, Beckett, or LoDuca but now you can afford Soriano??:confused: :confused: :confused:

He wil rejuvinate the franchise for 1 month. Then Sep comes, Dolphins football starts, the Marlins are out of the race, and nobody will care. Come December Soriano is playing for the Orioles or Angles.

Oh we could have afforded them at least 1.....but with the direction managment decided to go (All the young guys etc) why keep those guys if your going in a totally different direction? Thats really not fair for the players either.

Its more if we are willing to pay for him than if we can

MikeO said:

we could afford it but it just didnt work out. This year our record is about the same as it was last year. Last year it didnt work so we traded for a bunch of young stude. Look up the stats on our starters and youll realize our team isnt that bad. I wouldnt doubt it if we reached .500 by the end of the year. Our pitching staff is also extremely good. Look at Josh Johnson who no one talks about. NL leader in era.

23Ronnie23 said:
we could afford it but it just didnt work out. This year our record is about the same as it was last year. Last year it didnt work so we traded for a bunch of young stude. Look up the stats on our starters and youll realize our team isnt that bad. I wouldnt doubt it if we reached .500 by the end of the year. Our pitching staff is also extremely good. Look at Josh Johnson who no one talks about. NL leader in era.

The justification the team gave for trading away everyone was that they couldnt' afford it. They were losing money.

Now a few months later they can afford it?

The ownership is lying to you, the marlins fans. Why you sit back and take it and defend them is beyond me.

MikeO said:
The justification the team gave for trading away everyone was that they couldnt' afford it. They were losing money.

Now a few months later they can afford it?

The ownership is lying to you, the marlins fans. Why you sit back and take it and defend them is beyond me.

Since 1997 The Marlins have won 2 world series thats why....even if stuff happens in between they still got us that....they are losing money because the fans wont fill the stadium. But they could have afforded to keep a couple of them it just didnt go with the plan

According to Jason Stark the Nats have two deals in place they are looking at and to choose from

1 with a National League team and 1 with an American League team

Back
Top Bottom