Where Will Gabe Watson Go? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Will Gabe Watson Go?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping with a down senior year in which he was bench and his motor questioned, that Gabe Watson might drop down to Miami in the 2nd round. I've always liked his talent and feel he'd be a great space eater in the middle of Nick Saban's 3-4. Now I'm hearing more positives come out of the senior bowl practices and I wonder where Watson will go? Is he still considered a first rounder?

He has been who I wanted to take in the 2nd for a long time now but if we want to get him, I think now we'll have to take him in the 1st which I don't want to do.

I don't think he'll quite make it to us in the 2nd round. He's been pretty impressive thus far in practices.

i think if he fell to us in the 2 nd round he would be hard to pass up....also does anyone know if the dt from texas is coming out

Guys,

Considering the way he's dominating the Senior Bowl right now, I think he's solidifying a top 20 pick. There's no way at this point that he drops out of the 1st round. It would be surprising to see him slip to the end of the 1st. He's climbing real fast.

In fact he may be the guy who's stock has gone up the most so far in the Senior Bowl.

In fact he may be the guy who's stock has gone up the most so far in the Senior Bowl.

That would be Maurice Stovall. Depending on what you read Watson is up & down. He struggled in 1 on 1's.

SMadison29 said:
That would be Maurice Stovall. Depending on what you read Watson is up & down. He struggled in 1 on 1's.

Stovall has done fine, but Watson has been dominant. He hasn't gone up and down AT ALL. Not once.

That's been the knock on him through his career, but at the Senior Bowl he's been up tempo and consistently dominant. Everyone's been impressed by him.

Here is a quote from Scott Wright's (nfldraftcountdown.com) blog from the Senior Bowl describing this afternoon's press conference, specifically what Jeff Fisher, the North coach, said about Gabe Watson.

He also said Gabe Watson has been very impressive and disruptive to the point that they almost want to take him out of drills so they can do some stuff inside. He also noted that Watson has not taken plays off, as was his reputation coming in

Here's a quote from draftdaddy.com senior bowl blog

It should be noted that besides the obvious Cutler hoopla, Watson has done the most to help his draft stock out of all the participants this week so far. In 2003, current Viking DT Kevin Williams came out of nowhere to have a great week and turn his 3rd round stock into a high first round stock. Watson isn't having quite as good a week, but then again he isn't exactly coming from "out of nowhere." Early to mid first round to a team in dire need of a 2 gap NT seems more realistic with every day that passes.

Everyone from Kiper to Mayock has been praising Watson this week. He's been very impressive.

caneaddict said:
Stovall has done fine, but Watson has been dominant. He hasn't gone up and down AT ALL. Not once.

That's been the knock on him through his career, but at the Senior Bowl he's been up tempo and consistently dominant. Everyone's been impressed by him.

ive read it both ways, hes been dominated, and looked slow and out of shape.

I don't see him being our pick at 16 tho anything is posible....I'm still thinking Greenway if he's there or maybe even moving down if him and Cutler are gone....maybe Scott at 16 is posible too....it all depends on free agency and who we get there.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Everyone from Kiper to Mayock has been praising Watson this week. He's been very impressive.

I haven't seen Kiper say anything about Watson thus far, good or bad. Mayock is an idiot, can't judge talent & doesn't know half their names. I did however read that Watson was much better today in one on ones.

Back
Top Bottom