Where Will Gabe Watson Go? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where Will Gabe Watson Go?

caneaddict said:
Guys,

Considering the way he's dominating the Senior Bowl right now, I think he's solidifying a top 20 pick. There's no way at this point that he drops out of the 1st round. It would be surprising to see him slip to the end of the 1st. He's climbing real fast.

In fact he may be the guy who's stock has gone up the most so far in the Senior Bowl.

I agree. More teams are using the 3-4 and Watson is one of the few DT's/NT that can really dominate in the running game. Guys like him, at his best anyway, are hard to find.

I've always liked Watson and I've always said he was better than Ngata, despite the hype. It kinda sucks that he's doing so well at the Senior Bowl, I was praying we'd take him with our 2nd rounder. Doesn't look like he's going to be there now.

LIQUID24 said:
I've always liked Watson and I've always said he was better than Ngata, despite the hype. It kinda sucks that he's doing so well at the Senior Bowl, I was praying we'd take him with our 2nd rounder. Doesn't look like he's going to be there now.

Do you think he's worth taking in the first? I know Miami has more pressing needs at LT, QB and in the secondary. But he's a rare talent when at his best and the Dolphins really don't have that strong presence in the middle -- Traylor for sure but his a short-term fix.

As much as I like him, I think it might too risky to take him at 16.... we're probably better off going with a safer pick like Greenway or Huff. But if by chance we trade down into the late 1st round, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him there. But you're right, true nose tackles like him aren't easy to come by.

LIQUID24 said:

wow, couldnt disagree with you more.

LIQUID24 said:
As much as I like him, I think it might too risky to take him at 16.... we're probably better off going with a safer pick like Greenway or Huff. But if by chance we trade down into the late 1st round, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him there. But you're right, true nose tackles like him aren't easy to come by.

I could definitely see Miami trading down and getting more picks, especially if Cutler, McNeil, Huff and Greenway are gone. Lawson and/or Watson are two players I can see Miami reaching a little bit for, though. Those are the types of talents that teams reach on all the time with some big hits and misses.

Back
Top Bottom