Where will Mike Williams Play RT or LT?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where will Mike Williams Play RT or LT??

I hope they cut Fina. That guys been one of the most overrated players in the league!

Originally posted by Tealboy
He will report to camp at 450. Wait and see.

We'll give him a laxitive, and he will crap out a few Defensive Tackles. That should bring him down a few. Of course, now he will be having a steady diet of fish....:D

This has been (for the most part) a great discussion to read through. The reason the Bills want to keep Williams at RT for the time being is because that's how he lined up in college, even though he protected the blind side of a left handed QB (Chris Simms). He's very nimble and light on his feet for such a big dude, and carries a relatively low percentage of body fat, which Buffalo strength and conditioning coach, Rusty Jones will try to lower some more by July.

It's no accident that defenses put their speed rushers at right defensive end (lining up vs. left tackles). The reason, of course, is that they normally attack the QBs blind side at the same time they can avoid the possible double team with the tight end chipping in on the block. I'm sure Williams and Gardener will have some great battles, but I think Williams will hold his own. When a tackle is drafted in the number 4 spot the team that drafted him expects him to come in and start effectively from the beginning of his career.

Right now the Bills seem like they want Jennings to end up the starter at center. He has the great first step an elite center has to have. That's where he'll start if he gets comfortable with the center's blocking techniques and making calls for the blocking schemes, and the Bills are convinced Teague can hold up at left tackle. Otherwise he'll move to left tackle and Teague will go to center. The Bills seem intent on moving Conaty out of the starting spot at center.

Teague, as everyone knows, started left tackle for the Broncos last year. He's not an elite tackle by any stretch, but he's probably as good or better than Fina was at his best. The Bills think that since he'll be more than a full season removed from his ACL surgery he can be more effective for the Bills than he was for the Broncos. It also helps that he'll be paired with a really good guard in Rueben Brown. Jason Taylor will get his pressures playing against Teague, but the Bills and we fans are hopeful left tackle won't be the revolving door it was last year.

I know you guys had lots of injury problems on the Oline too last season. It's no fun watching Dlines run through them week after wee is it.

I think Mike Williams will be a solid player no matter which side he lines up on. A guy that big and strong and nimble will be a force. He should excell in the run game. If he gets into Taylor on run plays, it's over. He has 130lb advantage on JT.

But for JT to excel on pass plays, he's going to have to pull out all the stops and use superior speed and technique, much like he does against Tarik Glenn (Glenn is a vastly underrated OT).

Against Daryl Gardener, I really don't know what to say. We haven't seen DG at DE yet. So I don't know what to expect from a pass rush standpoint. He is pretty quick. Regardless, I expect great battles between them.

Daryl Gardener, even at 295lbs, is a super-strong man. So if he gets underneath Williams, he will have his way. And the same is true for Williams.

Honestly, I can't wait to see these two go head to head. It's gonna be a treat.

Good write ups Tiger & Muck. Right on. I can't wait until these 2 teams meet!

Back
Top Bottom