Where will Mike Williams Play RT or LT?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where will Mike Williams Play RT or LT??

Yeah, this post is all about Mike Williams vs. D. Gardener and J. Taylor. It doesn't get more football oriented then that.

Twenty six hours after beginning the "baby seal beating" marathon at the local PETA chapter, chambers84 decides it actually looked like fun. Deciding that THURMANATOR was the laziest seal on the ice, chambers84 takes a mighty swing at the cute furry little guy by gagging out:

Originally posted by chambers84
OK I say we move all these Barffalo Dills posts elsewhere. They are taking up wasted space and are of no purpose to us as Dlphins Fans. I don't mean to complain.....but this sh*t is getting pretty hold. THURMANATOR: Get a life, and post on a Bills website!!!

chambers84...go away. I was actually enjoying reading some very intelligent points by both parties before you interjected

I think Williams would have troubles pass blocking against JT. He might just be a little to quick for him. Gardner is different. Williams is a bigger guy (Hard to believe, cause Gardner does NOT look like a 295 pound man) and may be able to stop the bull rush from Gardner, but Gardner has the experience of the NFL, to be able to be a force on run downs. Especially sense it will probably either be single blocks, or just a TE to help. Not a Center Guard combo.

Did you hear the Bills are bringing in Conrad Dobler as their line coach this year? If Williams gets beat, Dobler's gonna coach him to bite the DE in the leg on the way by....

I agree, that is the question mark with MW is his ability to pass block against very quick ends like JT. I think that JT might be schooling him for a few sessions until he gets up to speed.

Hey 984, Williams I think could manage Taylor if he gets some sort of brush block right off the snap from a TE to slow Taylor up initially, then he can engage him. Williams has Taylor by 100 so there's no way he's going to out muscle him. But, I think right now Williams would be beaten by his speed. So, when Williams is going up against the faster DEs (Taylor, Abraham, etc.) they need to slow them up for just a second so that he can get in position and make it muscle on muscle.

Gotta love talking about blocking matchups in May though!

Taylor is strong, but nowhere near Williams. If Taylor can put a finess move or two on Williams right on contact, and work a series of them consistantly, he could beat him on an outside sprint to the QB. JT just has to be able to hold containment on runs. He's usually pretty good at that. You don't know how good Williams will be though. If you have a TE, it leaves Gardner matched up with your RT alone. He may be able to take advantage of that with muscle, as he wouldn't against Williams.

People, unless Williams switches to LT this season we will not see to much of Williams vs Abraham or Taylor. They are RDE and will match up over Jonas Jennings(or whoever wins Buffalo's LT job) and should have MUCH more success on that side of the line anyway.

Jennings is nowhere near the class of Williams and will have a tough time against some of the DEs in this division.

FYI: I'm not sure if your aware, but Jennings is the starting RT for now. That leads me to believe that either Mike Williams goes to LT or Jennins moves to LG, with Teague at LT. Teague can play LT or C (he did in college). The two real possiblities are:

Williams - Brown - Teague - Ostroski - Jennings
or
Teague - Brown - (Conaty or Ostroski) - Jennings - Williams

Either way, the Bills offensive line is at least 100% better than it was last year (which isn't saying much).

Williams spent the whole camp at RT, which leads me to believe that is where he will be lining up. As for your LT, it doesn't really matter because they are a HUGE step DOWN from Williams. Teague, Jennings, it doesn't really matter, your strong side will be RT.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
Mixon is on the Vikes. Our left DE will make it even more fun to watch... Jason Taylor. He will have a fun time trying to block him twice his rookie season!
last year JT played RDE mostly. I have not heard of them flopping DEs like and having SSDE and WSDE :confused:

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Williams spent the whole camp at RT, which leads me to believe that is where he will be lining up. As for your LT, it doesn't really matter because they are a HUGE step DOWN from Williams. Teague, Jennings, it doesn't really matter, your strong side will be RT.
Like we give a crap how freaking Buffalo lines up. They suck. 3-13. Case closed.

We have a playoff team with Super Bowl possibilities. Go back and shovel snow and call me when you sniff the playoffs. Losers.:monkey:

Back
Top Bottom