Where's The Trust?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where's The Trust??

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm having trouble in knowing why most of the people here didn't like the pick of Eddie Moore until facts were brought out about other teams such as the Buccs, Browns and Cardinals (I believe) wanting to draft him.. Isn't the fact that Wannstedt and Spielman liked what they saw in this kid good enough?? When Miami was on the clock I had my list of 8-10 players Miami might of chosen according to "Positiona Rankings" provided by Pro Football Weekly.. and when Eddie Moores' name ran across the screen, I thought nothing other than, "DAMN.. These Rankings are wrong".. I might of been the only one thinking so but with the past drafts Wannstedt had with Miami, They've been real solid picks and more than half have made good contributions to this team.. I'm having trouble knowing where Miami went wrong in having absolutely no trust in their picks by fans until they hear about profiles of the player and about other teams wanting to choose him right after which suddenly has justified the pick... But in all truth, Miami choosing Eddie Moore justified the pick right there.. It's not like Miami has a drafting record like the Bengals who if I were a fan of wouldn't feel comfortable with any pick and therefore I would go and see if that player was wanted by other teams to justify it... I know some people here will maybe get offended by this thread but I just want to know where Wannstedt and Spielman have gone wrong in not having the fans trust??

HOORAH:drinker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Post.

Likewise, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the scouting department of the Dolphins vs. my own knowledge or that of Mel Kiper's.

It's hard to answer but I would suspect that is because most wanted to see a name that the so-called experts had picked. I had never heard of any of our picks but I don't watch college football other than the Florida teams. I watch the Canes (favorite), the Noles and the Gators. If they aren't on the tube on Saturdays I usually don't watch. Most people don't trust what or who they don't know. They wanted to see the big names even though there was no realistic shot at us drafting them.

I don't think it's that anyone (or at least most of us) thought Moore wasn't a player. I did think he was a stretch, and perhaps we'll never know, but maybe I was wrong and he wouldn't have been there later. Even so, think for one minute about what position he plays. It wasn't that long ago that Wanny wanted a young linebacker from Syracuse, a linebacker that cost us a high draft pick just to move up and take him. I'm talking about Greenwood. If that pick had been right, then we wouldn't be having this conversation about Moore, because the Dolphins would have Zach, Seau, and a young and up-and-coming Greenwood. Now, I'm not saying Greenwood has been a failure; he's just not what we, or more particularly Wanny, thought he'd be.

Personally, I hope everyone is wrong and Moore really can help this team more than, say, Anquan Boldin could have. That was my major complaint. I felt like we needed a WR more than a LB. I hope I'm wrong. But, because I have doubts doesn't mean I don't trust my Dolphins. It means I can think independently of what they tell me and look at past performances for myself. But, I don't think Wanny should be lynched and I think we have a good shot at winning many ball games. I'll be cheering just as loudly as any of you other fans who were completely satisfied with the draft. Go Phins!

Originally posted by shane13
I don't think it's that anyone (or at least most of us) thought Moore wasn't a player. I did think he was a stretch, and perhaps we'll never know, but maybe I was wrong and he wouldn't have been there later. Even so, think for one minute about what position he plays. It wasn't that long ago that Wanny wanted a young linebacker from Syracuse, a linebacker that cost us a high draft pick just to move up and take him. I'm talking about Greenwood. If that pick had been right, then we wouldn't be having this conversation about Moore, because the Dolphins would have Zach, Seau, and a young and up-and-coming Greenwood. Now, I'm not saying Greenwood has been a failure; he's just not what we, or more particularly Wanny, thought he'd be.

Personally, I hope everyone is wrong and Moore really can help this team more than, say, Anquan Boldin could have. That was my major complaint. I felt like we needed a WR more than a LB. I hope I'm wrong. But, because I have doubts doesn't mean I don't trust my Dolphins. It means I can think independently of what they tell me and look at past performances for myself. But, I don't think Wanny should be lynched and I think we have a good shot at winning many ball games. I'll be cheering just as loudly as any of you other fans who were completely satisfied with the draft. Go Phins!

Yes you're wrong that Moore would have been there later. 3 out of the next 4 picks after the Dolphins took Moore were LB's. The Bucs have already made it clear that if Moore was there they would have taken him at the end of the 2nd round.

Obviously the Dolphins BRASS is a lil bit more in touch with what is actually going on with the rest of the NFL than these so called experts.

Oliver...

I don't think that's exactly a fact. Just because there was a run on LBs doesn't mean Moore would have been in that run. You are assuming he would have been, and you may be correct. But, it doesn't mean it's a fact. And, just because a team came out afterwords and said they wanted him doesn't prove they would have taken him. Teams have been known to play games about such statements. But, I'm willing to concede that you might be right. But, that wasn't even the point of my email.

I don't think that's exactly a fact. Just because there was a run on LBs doesn't mean Moore would have been in that run. You are assuming he would have been, and you may be correct. But, it doesn't mean it's a fact. And, just because a team came out afterwords and said they wanted him doesn't prove they would have taken him. Teams have been known to play games about such statements. But, I'm willing to concede that you might be right. But, that wasn't even the point of my email.

OK?

But the point is the so called experts are not in touch with what is going on with the NFL. The ppl who run our scouting department are. That is more than just Wanny/Spielman.

Some seem to want to trust so called experts rather than the ppl who actually run this team. I find that to be amazing, and the real point here.

Oliver...

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354
I just want to know where Wannstedt and Spielman have gone wrong in not having the fans trust??

The whole debate about Moore not being available in 3rd round and the need of Linebackers were beat to death by many threads.. What this thread was meant for was to see the answers to the QUOTE I have above...

Which brings up the question that many of you are dodging. Maybe the Dolphins braintrust is right about Moore. But, that hardly proves they're infallible. What about when the moved up to take Greenwood? At the time, many experts, including Kiper, said it was a reach. As it turns out, Kiper and the experts just might have been right. Can I use that as an example of why we should always question our draft picks or why experts know so much more than our front office? I think not. I just choose to look at each pick individually and decide for myself.

And, I haven't even mentioned Fletcher yet. Most of the people on this forum seem to think he's been a failure. So, there's a couple of answers to your question about why some fans have their doubts about a pick that Wanny says can't miss. It seems logical to me.

Which brings up the question that many of you are dodging. Maybe the Dolphins braintrust is right about Moore. But, that hardly proves they're infallible. What about when the moved up to take Greenwood? At the time, many experts, including Kiper, said it was a reach. As it turns out, Kiper and the experts just might have been right. Can I use that as an example of why we should always question our draft picks or why experts know so much more than our front office? I think not. I just choose to look at each pick individually and decide for myself.

If you ask me.. Greenwood has made the most contribution out of Chambers, Travis Minor and the rest from the same draft class that Miami chose... Greenwood is a starter, has been injury free and is real dependable and was a part of the 3rd ranked defense last year.. Even though, I believe Chambers is a little overrated by us Miami Fans... Greenwood in my opinion is worth a 2nd round choice.. but worth a 2nd and 3rd is debatable...

And, I haven't even mentioned Fletcher yet. Most of the people on this forum seem to think he's been a failure. So, there's a couple of answers to your question about why some fans have their doubts about a pick that Wanny says can't miss. It seems logical to me.

You sure do expect alot. Every pick of every draft has to be a superstar. Show me a team in the history of the NFL that has signed every one of their draft picks and all their draft picks were stars.

Personally, I probably agree with you. I think Greenwood has some upside, but I'm not sure everyone else would agree. And, I think that if he was worth a 2nd and a 3rd, we wouldn't have spent our first pick on LB. But, like I said, I think he just might end up being a player.

"You sure do expect alot. Every pick of every draft has to be a superstar. Show me a team in the history of the NFL that has signed every one of their draft picks and all their draft picks were stars."
--fairbanksb

No, I was just answering the question. The question was how can some fans not just trust Wanny and company when it comes to picks. I'm giving you reasons. Not every pick can turn out to be a pro-bowl player, but 1st round picks, like Fletcher, are supposed to be of that quality. I said earlier I don't think it's time to lynch Wanny, but I don't think he's perfect or even close to it. just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom