Where's The Trust?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where's The Trust??

Sorry, misunderstood your intention, but even a first round pick needs a couple of years of adjustment. Fletcher didn't play all that bad last year. He made a couple of mistakes but so did Madison.

Well the funny thing is that once the season starts and we're sitting at the top of our division 5-1 or 7-1, all these naysayers will shut up. I strongly believe we are the best team in the NFL period..I can't think of a team can match us talent for talent. You name it we got it and it all has to do with our HC Dave W..

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354

If you ask me.. Greenwood has made the most contribution out of Chambers, Travis Minor and the rest from the same draft class that Miami chose... Greenwood is a starter, has been injury free and is real dependable and was a part of the 3rd ranked defense last year.. Even though, I believe Chambers is a little overrated by us Miami Fans... Greenwood in my opinion is worth a 2nd round choice.. but worth a 2nd and 3rd is debatable...

HOORAH:drinker:

greenwood was hurt as a rookie in TC and didn´t play before week 5 ?

as for these 3 players i think :

Chambers was getting all the hype early because of course as a an offensive player it is easier to get all the attention because its the wr by himself who makes the play as for

Greenwood on Defense he doesn´t have to be the guy who makes the tackle all the time especially in our scheme, so if he messed the play up in another way like pushing the runner back to the inside or whatever he won´t get the credit as much as the guy who tackles him and for

Minor i think he is probably the guy who made the most out of his opportunity when he was on the field

but overall i think all these 3 players can still much improve on their play and i think all 3 of them will be huge part at their position this coming season and seasons to come,

Well, we're sort of drifting away from the point of this thread as to why everyone didn't like the Eddie Moore pick until they found out other teams wanted Eddie later on in the 2nd or early third and then the pick was justified as being "OK" and comfortable with the majority that lashed out here as soon as the pick was made...

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by shane13
Personally, I probably agree with you. I think Greenwood has some upside, but I'm not sure everyone else would agree. And, I think that if he was worth a 2nd and a 3rd, we wouldn't have spent our first pick on LB. But, like I said, I think he just might end up being a player.

Um...Greenwood did not cost us a 2nd and a 3rd. We traded a 2nd round pick to acquire the 3rd rounder to select him. Look at it this way...before we selected him we had the 2nd rounder the following year to use, after we selected him we had him but no 2nd rounder the following year. He did not cost us two draft picks, just the one.

And, I think he's been worth it to us so far.

Actually, what i was referring to was that we selected Greenwood with a 3rd round pick (from the Eagles) and we gave them our 2nd the following year. So, his value to us was a 3rd that we used on picking him and a 2nd we gave up to acquire the 3rd. But, I get your point about the picks.

What I don't understand is why youre so convinced he's been worth a 2nd so far. (I'm not saying he won't eventually be worth a 2nd, but it's certainly arguable at this point.) He plays on only about 45% of the snaps and he's yet to create any (or perhaps many) big plays. And, if you think that's solely because of the system, then that's begging more questions. Like, if our system doesn't need a dynamic LB at his spot, why are we constantly giving up 2nd round picks to fill it??? Same for the Seau trade. If our system doesn't require it, why spend so much money on a LB?

Bottom line: I think it's arguable that Greenwood has been worth his pick value. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. Same for Fletcher. But, you guys keep ignoring the main thrust of my argument. For many Dolphin fans, picks like Ben Kelly as a 3rd rounder in 2000 (not sure if Wanny was completely responsible, but he was here), Jamal Fletcher in the 1st, and Morlon Greenwood at the expense of a 2nd are extremely questionable. Personally, I think Travis Minor in the 3rd was a reach, especially considering he almost never plays. Now Turner and company are talking about leaving Williams in on 3rd downs, which further decreases Minor's value. I don't have to prove that all those picks are worthless. Indeed, that's not what I'm trying to prove. My point is that some Fin fans find those picks to have been devoid of the kind of value they want out of 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders. So, when answering the question at hand, I would say those picks are why some Fin fans don't necessarily trust Wanny.

But, I'd like to address something that was said earlier about those who aren't happy with the draft and how they will "shut up" when the team starts winning. I think that's just a bit juvenile. Would it mean that all the people who aren't happy with the draft were right if we don't win the Super Bowl next year? Or, get to the AFC Championship? Hardly. And, likewise, just because the team might win it all next year (God willing!) doesn't necessarily prove the picks in this year's draft were wisely spent. Hell, we don't even know yet who'll be around next year in the 2nd round when the Pats (crossing my chest with the sign of the cross at their evil name) use our 2nd round pick. Could be that the 2nd coming of Dan the Great will have fallen. Not likely, but possible. And, at that point, I don't think anyone would argue the pick was not wisely spent, especially if Moore turns out to be just an athletic body to use in special teams. But, like I said earlier, I hope he turns out to be Lawrence Taylor incarnate (except with the love for the white stuff...). And, for the record, I too think the Dolphins have one of the best teams in football. I think you have to put the Bucs first, but after them I'd say we're more than capable of holding our own with any team. And, I think we're playoff bound next year. I just wish some on this forum would drop the whole "you're either with us or again' us" routine. Open discussion and critique only ever hurt topics and bodies that had something to hide.

Go Phins!

You argue some great points, but, but, but. The draft is nothing but a crapshoot. It doesn't matter if you are picking in the first or seventh round. You can never know where the next pro bowler is going to come from. Is Carson Palmer going to get the Bungles to the super bowl this year? Maybe your are right and some of these guys aren't worth the picks, but you have to pick your spots. A coach can't go shedding half the team every year. It's a process of building. Hopefully this will be the year.

Greenwood has been a bust. He was the absolute last non project LB left on the board and Wanny panicked.

Moore however was the 4th rated WLB who moved up to #2 based on the fact he has the one quality that everyone is looking for in a LB now..........coverage skills. If this kid is anywhere near good look for Seau to bump Morlon out and take his strong side spot since Seau is a 2 down LB anyways.

Moore also would not have made it to the 3rd round. Cleveland fans were booing the selection of Chaun because there was talk prior about them wanting Eddie. Gee kinda like us booing now because we wanted a LT :lol:

I just noticed that i confused the 2nd round next year with the whole Moore issue. Didn't mean to do that. But, the general point is still the same. Finals are driving me nuts.

Actually, if the question had been whether or not everyone thinks Wanny has done a good job drafting, i would have said he has. On the whole, I think he's done fairly well with his early round picks and about par on his late rounders. I agree with fairbanksb: the draft IS a crap shoot. I was just giving an answer as to why some might not believe everything Wanny says based solely on him saying it. And, truthfully, if we stay healthy, I think we're taking home the trophy this year. Of course, I guess there are several teams that are saying that. I really can't wait to see Ricky running again. Now that's a sight.

Fin-atic, I have to say you did a good job of detailing the frustrations some felt about this draft. And, you did so without accusing anyone else of not loving the Fins as much as you do. Good job.

Originally posted by shane13
Fin-atic, I have to say you did a good job of detailing the frustrations some felt about this draft. And, you did so without accusing anyone else of not loving the Fins as much as you do. Good job.

I knew someone would take offense to my post as if "you're with Miami or not" and thats why at the end of my post I said not to take offense if you were offended.. But anyway, your logic of Minor turning out to be not a valued pick is debatable because at the time we didn't have Ricky Williams and Minor brought speed to the RB situation which we didn't have with Lamar Smith at the time.. Minor did contribute very well his rookie year when taking snaps away from Lamar with 2 being TD's and 1 being a 50+ yarder against the Colts.. So I will not agree on Travis Minor being a reach because no one knew we would ever land Ricky at the time..and he still performs real well when given the chance... And yet as soon as people saw that Eddie Moore was taken, they automatically started ripping the pick when not knowing absolutely anything about the kid and had to "justify" the pick by knowing that other teams wanted him...
"I can't believe Miami chose Eddie Moore but since the Buccs, Cards and other teams wanted him... it's OK".. Thats basically the vibe I'm getting and to tell you the truth it's absolutely ridiculous... But I am understanding why this is and thats why this threead was started...

Actually, I was referring to another post, not yours. You didn't offend me. Neither did anyone else. I was just pointing out that the whole "with us or again' us" attitude gets old. Just as it doesn't necessarily mean one's a patriot by believing everything President Bush says, it's also true that one doesn't have to believe everything Wanny says to be a real Dol-fan.

Perhaps because in three years of drafting, Miami has Todd Wade, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael to show as successes and starters. Three starters in three years isn't exactly what I would call draft genius. Yes Greenwood is also a starter, but we just drafted his replacement, so I don't think you can call him a resounding success. I'm still giving Wanny this year to prove himself a success...but the evidence is mounting against him.

Back
Top Bottom