Which basketball do you prefer? NBA or NCAA? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which basketball do you prefer? NBA or NCAA?

?

• Total voters

King Felix

live it up have no worries
Reaction score
well the question is in the title...

me personally, i prefer ncaa, i like the basketball they play more...and the kids play for the name of the front of the jersey, not the back..its like all of them are on a contract year so they play extra hard

It's not even close for me. I really like college basketball, and I loathe the NBA. I haven't watched a full game in at least a decade.

The NCAA has excitement and emotion on its side, whereas the NBA has quality of play, better coaching and superior talent. That's pretty much what it comes down to. Me, I'll take the NBA, but I can see the other side of the coin.

I would have to say NCAA but that may be because I grew up in Connecticut and Uconn kicks ***, and the Bucks have be pretty bad since they day I watched them expect that year we should have beat the Sixers and got waxed by the Lakers in the Finals.

No doubt the NCAA. I like the NBA, don't get it twisted, but the spirit these college kids play with is great to watch. Plus, they play in small arenas in front of their drunk friends and the crowds is what really separates the NCAA from the NBA. You just don't get the type of energy in the 20,000 seat arenas in the NBA that you do in the small gyms most of these college teams play in. I mean look at Duke. Is there any better atmosphere in basketball than the Cameron Crazies??

I really like both equally but as a college student, gotta go with NCAA. The atmosphere is just crazy at Pauley especially in the Den.

ive always been an NBA fan but I do enjoy march madness

I loved watching the NBA as a kid in the 70's and 80's when you still had great teams and players....today's NBA is a joke compared to what it was. I much prefer college basketball over the NBA. The NFL is way better than any other sport, college football being a close 2nd, followed by MLB, and the NHL.

The problem with the NBA is that every year we enter the season knowing that only 5 teams tops actually have a chance to win it all. This is actually the first year in god only knows how long that their are more then only a few teams that actually have a chance to win it all. The NBA is to predictable, that's why people are turned off by the product. I'm still an NBA fan (I like college better) but I can see why the casual fan chooses to watch reality TV over the NBA. Why watch when you know every year who's going to win the Finals!

I faded away as an NCAA hoops fan, but the high school/NBA rule brought me back.

But for me it's like this: I can watch NBA games every night. I won't watch a college hoops game unless there are two ranked teams playing, or UM finally gets on (I have NBA League Pass, but not that college hoops crap). Aside from that, I pretty much watch college basketball for the players only.....like I'll watch Memphis because of Rose, A&M because of Jordan, Indiana because of Gordon, K State because of Beasley, USC because of Mayo, etc.

I don't pay much attention to NCAA hoops until the tourny, honestly.

I follow the NBA throughout -- from the offseason to camp to the regular to the post. I don't allow poor marketing and/or David Stern's poor decision making as a commissioner to ruin a league that I love as if it's my wife.

NCAA...however, and I hate to burst everybody's bubbles, the NCAA has turned into nothing more than Minor League Basketball.

The vast majority of these Kids really DONT care about the school they play for but instead want any big-name school so the scouts at the next level see them...Of course this isnt true across the board, but it is quickly swinging that way.

NCAA...however, and I hate to burst everybody's bubbles, the NCAA has turned into nothing more than Minor League Basketball.

The vast majority of these Kids really DONT care about the school they play for but instead want any big-name school so the scouts at the next level see them...Of course this isnt true across the board, but it is quickly swinging that way.

I'm confused :unsure:
Which one is it? ;)

IMO that is only true regarding the top talent, and not the majority of schools.
There are well over 300 teams in D1 basketball, with an average roster of 13 players?

I'm confused :unsure:
Which one is it? ;)

IMO that is only true regarding the top talent, and not the majority of schools.
There are well over 300 teams in D1 basketball, with an average roster of 13 players?

Good Point Joe. Let me re-cant. The MAJOR Basketball Schools ie Kentucky, North Carolina, U of Florida , U of Arizona, USC etc are filled with kids that A: Have no desire to go to school, and 2: for the most part dont give a rats behind about the school they are attending. It is a stepping stone or spring board

The one interesting one I kept off the list is Duke. Of course it and Standford are enigmas.

Much like NCAA Football, very few of these kids go where they dreamed about going all their lives. Most go to where the recruiters have clout and can fill the kids with dreams of making it in the NBA.

Of course one great thing still about NCAA basketball is the mid-majors and smaller schools getting a chance in the March Madness..which is why I DO prefer NCAA over NBA...

Good Point Joe. Let me re-cant. The MAJOR Basketball Schools ie Kentucky, North Carolina, U of Florida , U of Arizona, USC etc are filled with kids that A: Have no desire to go to school, and 2: for the most part dont give a rats behind about the school they are attending. It is a stepping stone or spring board

The one interesting one I kept off the list is Duke. Of course it and Standford are enigmas.

Much like NCAA Football, very few of these kids go where they dreamed about going all their lives. Most go to where the recruiters have clout and can fill the kids with dreams of making it in the NBA.

Of course one great thing still about NCAA basketball is the mid-majors and smaller schools getting a chance in the March Madness..which is why I DO prefer NCAA over NBA...
Thanks for clarifying :wink:
I still disagree, and take umbrage with you including UF in your list, and Duke has had kids leaving early as of recent years when that never happened before.

I think the major teams have one or two kids that will think about the NBA more than the team they play for, but the vast majority do care about their team. What's great is that you can see it so clearly in their faces and body language. Heck, even Mr. #1 Greg Oden had trouble with the decision to leave OSU because he loved it so much there. Again, most teams have one or two kids like that, but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom