Which basketball do you prefer? NBA or NCAA? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which basketball do you prefer? NBA or NCAA?

?

• Total voters
Thanks for clarifying :wink:
I still disagree, and take umbrage with you including UF in your list, and Duke has had kids leaving early as of recent years when that never happened before.

I think the major teams have one or two kids that will think about the NBA more than the team they play for, but the vast majority do care about their team. What's great is that you can see it so clearly in their faces and body language. Heck, even Mr. #1 Greg Oden had trouble with the decision to leave OSU because he loved it so much there. Again, most teams have one or two kids like that, but that's about it.

And on this we agree to dis-agree my friend :hi5:

BTW: I still like NCAA over NBA ;)

Good Point Joe. Let me re-cant. The MAJOR Basketball Schools ie Kentucky, North Carolina, U of Florida , U of Arizona, USC etc are filled with kids that A: Have no desire to go to school, and 2: for the most part dont give a rats behind about the school they are attending. It is a stepping stone or spring board

The one interesting one I kept off the list is Duke. Of course it and Standford are enigmas.

So you're going to tell me after watching Carolina and Duke play and these kids who are putting everything they have out onto that court don't care about what school they play for?

A lot of these kids do have a strong desire to go to school and all of them care what name is on that jersey. They do have pro aspirations but they also aspire to graduate. Just like any other college student, if someone comes offering 10 mil they're going to take it. But don't tell me they don't care when kids like Marvin Williams come back to summer school every year even though they're millionaires and budding stars in the NBA.

Much like NCAA Football, very few of these kids go where they dreamed about going all their lives. Most go to where the recruiters have clout and can fill the kids with dreams of making it in the NBA.

Most people who apply to colleges go to the best school they're accepted to and the vast majority of athletes will do the same. There are a select few that get heavily recruited by top athletic programs. Although you may not be aware of it, there are a select few who have shown remarkable ability in non-athletic pursuits that are heavily recruited as well.

I like the NBA over the NCAA, but i love seing the NCAA upsets like last night when Kansas State beat Kansas.

On a side note i want to say that Michael Beasley is a BEAST and i hope the heat get him.

I like the NBA over the NCAA, but i love seing the NCAA upsets like last night when Kansas State beat Kansas.

On a side note i want to say that Michael Beasley is a BEAST and i hope the heat get him.

They may very well have the worst record and the most ping pong balls at the pace their going. Minnesota has played a lot better these past 2 weeks and the Sonics play hard every night, which should get them some more wins. Aside from those teams, the Heat really don't have much to worry about in terms of competition for the most ping pong balls. The Knicks, Grizzlies, and Clippers (the next tier of bad teams), all are playing decent enough that they will clip a few teams along the way, so that leaves the 3 teams I mentioned above. And honestly, no one is playing worse than the Heat right now in the NBA and I don't see them improving, although Riley was on 790 the other day talking as if he still believes this team still has a chance at the # 8 seed LMAO!

They may very well have the worst record and the most ping pong balls at the pace their going. Minnesota has played a lot better these past 2 weeks and the Sonics play hard every night, which should get them some more wins. Aside from those teams, the Heat really don't have much to worry about in terms of competition for the most ping pong balls. The Knicks, Grizzlies, and Clippers (the next tier of bad teams), all are playing decent enough that they will clip a few teams along the way, so that leaves the 3 teams I mentioned above. And honestly, no one is playing worse than the Heat right now in the NBA and I don't see them improving, although Riley was on 790 the other day talking as if he still believes this team still has a chance at the # 8 seed LMAO!

The Heat are done, i dont think there is anyway they dont finish with the worst record at this point. I want them to shut wade down and let him get healthy for next season. I think Riley should also play Cook and Wright 30 minutes a game and let Cook improve and see if Wright shows enough to be resigned since hes a FA this year

NBA >>> NCAA. Not even for the talent, but the variety too. College baskeball loves to walk the ball up the court, pass around the perimeter of a 2-3, and then take a shot sometime before the epic 35 second clock goes off.

i don't know, very boring stuff for me. i like players with varying talents, sizes, also. i like seeing potential weapons all over the court taking advantage of mismatches. seems like nobody in college is above 6'9".

Back
Top Bottom