Which combo would you rather have...? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which combo would you rather have...?

claytonAndDuper said:
Alex Smith at the 2 and a running back in the second if acquired via trade, or 3rd. say smith and morency or arrington. or ronnie brown and kyle orton walter or frye in the 3rd or 4th...i myself would love to see us draft smith, and take a shot with arrington or morency, i love the playmaking ability and game breaking speed and quickness of these 2 players...

Concur with you, Orton will be a total bust in my opinion, he has shown me nothing to think different, Walter didn't impress me either. Frye is probably the third best prospect in this draft and I'm guessing he goes late first round early second at the latest, so I don't think we can get Frye and Brown, or Campbell and Brown for that matter.

If we do draft Brown we might as well wait until the 4th and draft Greene.

I would rather see Alex Smith and J.J. Arrington

claytonAndDuper said:
Alex Smith at the 2 and a running back in the second if acquired via trade, or 3rd. say smith and morency or arrington. or ronnie brown and kyle orton walter or frye in the 3rd or 4th...i myself would love to see us draft smith, and take a shot with arrington or morency, i love the playmaking ability and game breaking speed and quickness of these 2 players...

I would like Benson at #2 and Orton in the 4th. Benson is more of a power running back. that type of back takes some pressure off the O-Line, unlike Ronnie Browns finesse type running style. And Kyle Orton showed the ton of potential he had early last season before his injury. remember he was a hiesman trophy candidate.

1. Caddy and Campbell
2. Rodgers and Fason

I want no part of Kyle Orton, after watching his last 6 games of the season, and The Boilermakers beating the Nittany Lions like 6-3 i dont think we need him. Of course i'd like Alex Smith and a RB in the second, so that would be my ideal choice

claytonAndDuper said:

I like both Ideas

Benson / Orton

In my opinion Smith & Rodgers are more likely to be busts.

shouright said:
I want Smith and Arrington. Smith gives us a franchise QB for the next 15 years, and Arrington gives us a great change-of-pace combo with Lamar Gordon. I like the intensity both of them have -- I think they'd spark the offense big time.

Alex Smith=franchise qb, how u know this he been playing NFL for a few years now?

dont get me wrong guys i love ronnie brown and caddy as much as anyone, but we all know how hard it is to find a franchise qb. id hate to pass on smith ( im assuming the niners take rogers, whom they seem to be enamored with ) and have him torch us for the next 10 years, or beat us in the afc championship game if we ever see one again. im a huge fan of shelton morency arrington and even sproles, i love the little guy, i wish we had a pick to waste on him. i think wed get more valuable players by drafting the qb first...

Brown in the first, but something besides QB later, none of those guys impress me very much.

Why does everybody think Alex Smith is a franchise QB, we dont know that, he had a few good workouts ok. He had Great college years ok, So did TY Detmer and where is he 3rd String QB under a rookie. so i wont be satisfied with Alex Smith until i see him play in the NFL for a year or 2.If he does great then ok but if does mediocre or somehat decent then we know what we did wrong...

I would take an RB first, than a QB. Becuase I want a player that can start right away and I believe a RB would do that before a QB.

Back
Top Bottom