Which combo would you rather have...? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which combo would you rather have...?

claytonAndDuper said:
Alex Smith at the 2 and a running back in the second if acquired via trade, or 3rd. say smith and morency or arrington. or ronnie brown and kyle orton walter or frye in the 3rd or 4th...i myself would love to see us draft smith, and take a shot with arrington or morency, i love the playmaking ability and game breaking speed and quickness of these 2 players...

I'll take this

Alex Smith 2
2nd round David Bass
5th Round Darren Sproles

Lamar Gordon and Darren Sproles combo

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Why does everybody think Alex Smith is a franchise QB, we dont know that, he had a few good workouts ok. He had Great college years ok, So did TY Detmer and where is he 3rd String QB under a rookie. so i wont be satisfied with Alex Smith until i see him play in the NFL for a year or 2.If he does great then ok but if does mediocre or somehat decent then we know what we did wrong...

Nobody knows b/c none of these QBs have played in the league. Smith just shows more of the characteristics that predict success and almost none of the characteristics that have led to failure. Does this make him a franchise QB? No, but it does make people think he has as good (or better) of a chance than most of the QBs that have come out in the last few years and been labeled as franchise QBs.

I'd like to see Miami somehow get a Round 2 selection, then I'd like to see something like this:

• Round 1: Ronnie Brown
  • Round 2: Defense or OL
  • Round 3: Kyle Orton
  • Round 4: Defense or OL

infiltrateib said:
I've watched Shazor for years--never looked that slow.

With the #2 pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

Jimmy Sweeney, RB, Riverside Middle
Pros: plays larger than his size. Faster than Maurice Clarett. Good vision, follows his blockers, runs the right way most of the time.
Cons: Did not impress at combine. Not a workout warrior. Possible character concerns. Was allegedly kicked out of Granville Middle for calling Tracy Delaney a 'poopsicle.' Scouts question his competition. Is 7.

:roflmao:

I'd take RB R. Brown before going after QB A. Smith. Smith wouldn't be able to contribute right away, and there's no guarrantee he'll even be that franchise QB everyone is claiming he is....

Brown brings an immediate upgrade on offense, and we need a stud RB more than we need a project QB IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom