Which Impending Free Agent Should the Dolphins Sign to an Extension? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Impending Free Agent Should the Dolphins Sign to an Extension?

Wilkins number one and they should have done it last year at this time as his price is just going up.

Hunt would be second for me as he is the only OL they have drafted and developed who has played well at all and that should count for something.

Connor Williams will depend on how well he plays this year, he struggled with some high snaps but his blocking was very good.If he cleans up the shotgun snaps and repeats his blocking performance you have to try hard to keep him.

Seiler might be hard to afford, especially if he has another good year.

With several quality draft picks coming up on possible big extensions in the next few years(Tua, Holland, Phillips, Waddle)Grier is going to have to manage the Cap intelligently.

Wilkins number one and they should have done it last year at this time as his price is just going up.

Hunt would be second for me as he is the only OL they have drafted and developed who has played well at all and that should count for something.

Connor Williams will depend on how well he plays this year, he struggled with some high snaps but his blocking was very good.If he cleans up the shotgun snaps and repeats his blocking performance you have to try hard to keep him.

Seiler might be hard to afford, especially if he has another good year.

With several quality draft picks coming up on possible big extensions in the next few years(Tua, Holland, Phillips, Waddle)Grier is going to have to manage the Cap intelligently.
Sign Seiler now!! Before he gets too expensive

hunt and Williams by a mile. The OL continuity is more important than paying $20mil to Wilkins who will never live up to that contract. If you can sign all three do it, but don’t give him that much just to reset the OL again and again.

hunt and Williams by a mile. The OL continuity is more important than paying $20mil to Wilkins who will never live up to that contract. If you can sign all three do it, but don’t give him that much just to reset the OL again and again.
I think you make an interesting point. Wilkins is the best player of Miami’s free agents, but I really want to keep the offense humming. I think if Tua kills it this season, I want to be all in on the offense, but guard should be the easiest position to replace and probably the cheapest.

Put Wilkins tape on from last year and get back to us...

Totally agree. If you are worried about tua then you got to sign hunt Williams. Then Wilkins seiler Thought I was only person thinking this way. Good post

Totally agree! Ol continuity first and foremost... and would rather settle with Sieler than give that massive contract to Wilkins. DT will be easier to replace in the draft and a serviceable FA could be found for a fraction of that cost.

Put Wilkins tape on from last year and get back to us...
I think you have to consider age and relative value of a position when offering a long term contract. It is easy to forget Wilkins turned 24 in December of his rookie season. He will turn 28 this December and he will turn 29 the first year of his contract extension. When people say he won’t live up to his contract, they aren’t doubting him as a player. It just comes down to how many years you want to pay an IDL over 30 years old $20M+ per season. These DTs getting massive extensions are all 1-2 years younger than Wilkins or elite pash rushers like Chris Jones.

Back
Top Bottom