Which is a the better franchise? Pats or Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which is a the better franchise? Pats or Jets

XNOUGHT

Objective Pats fan ;)
Reaction score
Which has the better history.

Which has the better current team.

Which has the better fans.

Who do you hate more.

In a championship game, who would you rather face and why.

Lay it on me.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

JETS - Namath. For me, that's enough. Any guy that GUARANTEES a SB victory AND THEN follows through... yeah, that's good enough for me.

Jets - Pennington is the $h*t. Martin always dangerous. Defense improving.

Better in terms of what? Who are the bigger a-holes? Jets, then... hands down. Biggest a-holes on the planet.

Who do you hate more.
Once more... Jets.

Jets. Would love to see kind of a replay of the '82 AFC Championship game, but with Zack intercepting Pennington 3 times and running one back for a TD (ala AJ Duhe).

Lay it on me.
Uhhh... easy there, big boy. ;)

Which has the better history?
Tough call, but I think the edge now goes to th Patriots. Both franchises have had MANY lean years. Both have been on the winning end of HUGE SB upsets.

Which has the better current team?
Also a tough call, but I think it's the Patriots again by a nose.

Which has the better fans?
I've seen enough knucklehead Pats fans in Foxboro to last me a lifetime, but NOTHING compares to the idiots from New York.

I'll pass on the last 2 questions.

Neither have won many Super Bowls, both were mediocre for a long time. Neither are the Miami Dolphins. The Jets have a terrible history so I will go with the Pats I guess.

Pats by default. The Jets suck.

Jets fans suck. Pats fans are alright, I guess....

Who do you hate more.
Jets :jetssuck:

The Patriots. The Jets are more of a rival and they have played well against us as of late. We always split or sweep the Patriots (last few years), and I think we can easily stop their offense. I am more concerned about the Jets offense because they have more balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one do i hate more??!! JETS!

:jetssuck:

I can deal with the Pats because i have family up there.. but i still dont like them either!
:patsbite:

They've both had similar history..

and they're both about the same now..

The Jets Fans are more obnoxious..actually when you look the word up, their fans and the raider fans are the picture shown beside the word.

I think I've seen more ignorant acting Jets fans. Meaning that even though they are 1-10 they will still not listen to the fact that their season is over. Biligerent (sp) acting might be a better term.

While Pats fans act more mature and will admit that its just a game. However, I have met a few that are just plain stupid. No different then any other team.

Which has the better history?

New England, they have been to Super Bowls in the 80's, 90's, and 00's. And upset St. louis in a huge upset Super Bowl victory.

Which has the better current team?

New England, they were really better than NY last year and they have improved slightly this offseason while NY has slipped hard.

Which has the better fans?

Like was mentioned before, there arent many fans worse than NY fans.

Who do you hate more?

Depends on what I am thinking of at the time, usually it's the Jets, but every time I think of week 17 last season, I find myself loathing NE more than fricken Al Queda.

In a championship game, who would you rather face and why?

The Jets, they choke as much as we do, and it would be sweet to Watch the Jets get eliminated by us. :D

Q: Which is a the better franchise? Pats or Jets

that's like chooseing which is a better thing to get, a stroke or a heart attack.

Well lets see, humm.
On history- Both have 1 Super Bowl win, Patsies have 3 Super Bowl visits, Hapless Wonders 1, Patsies have had 10 playoff trips, Hapless Wonders 9, so therefore the Patsies have a better history.
Current team- The Hapless Wonders lost a lot of players to the Redskins, the Patsies are pretty deep with fairly good players, Hapless Wonders have a quarterback with more upside and a much better tailback, and a better coach, but overall I believe the Patsies are a better team now.
Fans- Patsie fans until recently were as apathetic as Southern California fans, and are not overly football knowlegeable or intense(football is definitely no better than #4 sport in New England way behind baseball, hockey, and basketball and may be below lacrosse, fishing, sking, and sailing also). Hapless Wonder fans are rude, obnoxious, and intense(but probably not at Raider fans levels). Even.
Team I dislike more-Hapless Wonders.
Team I prefer to beat in an AFC Title game-Patsies to get revenge for 1985. But I'd much rather beat Buffalo or the Raiders in an AFC title game.

it seems like the patriots have soft fans. the pansies.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

Hmmm... Toss up there. Probably the Jets because of Namath and the notariety of their crappiness during the lean times. Pats may have been just as crappy at times, but not as much attention paid to their crappiness as the Jets, by virtue of their being in the media hub.

You mean as of today? Have to say the Pats by virtue of the Jets' offseason losses alone.

What do you mean by "better"? I think Pats fans generally know more about football than Jets fans. While they act like asses when they DO actually accomplish something, you almost can't blame them because of their history of seemingly endless sub .500 seasons. Jets fans...well... they're as obnoxious as 2-12 as they are at 10-4 (which has probably only happened once in thirty years). I think typing through this I've resolved the question in my mind. Pats fans are better, though that's not much of a compliment.

Who do you hate more

Heh.

In a championship game, who would you rather face and why?

If we win, Jets. If we lose, Pats. Why? Having to listen to all the transplant Newyakahs on QAM rub it in.

Better history?, Even, although the pats have been to more SBs the Jets have SB III.

Better current team? Even, Pats have made improvments while the Jets (playoff team) got raped. One team went up the other slides down with talent.

Better fans? Jets, that was hard to type, they seem to have more passion for the game. Pats fans seem more quiet and less involved.

Who do I hate more? Even, I hate division teams period.

Who would I rather face in a championship game? Kick the Jets a$$es 65-0 because it would be fun to listen to their fans whine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom