Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season?

I am going with Wright because I think RB is the easier position to learn. I see him getting more comfortable with the new system faster, than let's say, those learning how to run our WR routes. Didn't Tyreek say it took him a year to get comfortable with how they do things? And he was an experienced NFL receiver.

Last edited:
Fuller- his coverage with Ramsey will give the rush some time to get to their QB.

- This will work even better if Poyer plays up to his best level and we find a better answer than Kader in the slot. After a great first year he was victimized last year in many games and in the playoff game like no other. I just rewatched that and saw him running way behind his assignment multiple times. Maybe the answer is a better Kader this year but I would hope Cam Smith or Bonner or??? becomes a solid third option.

Well, I am in agreement with dolfan91 in respect to Jaylen Wright. If the three RBs can stay healthy and if our OL can also stay healthy and improve their play, then I think we will be a very dangerous team this year.
Wright has incredible contact balance as well as legit top-end speed. He clocked over 22 mph last year on one of his many "House Call" runs.
He will put a lot of pressure on opposing teams in the 4th quarter if we are playing with a lead.
I think that will be the key difference from last year's late season collapse where we were having to be more one-dimensional because of the injuries to the OL throughout the season.
I actually think he can be a major force multiplier on this team that I think the rest of the league has yet to realize at this point.

Well, I am in agreement with dolfan91 in respect to Jaylen Wright. If the three RBs can stay healthy and if our OL can also stay healthy and improve their play, then I think we will be a very dangerous team this year.
Wright has incredible contact balance as well as legit top-end speed. He clocked over 22 mph last year on one of his many "House Call" runs.
He will put a lot of pressure on opposing teams in the 4th quarter if we are playing with a lead.
I think that will be the key difference from last year's late season collapse where we were having to be more one-dimensional because of the injuries to the OL throughout the season.
I actually think he can be a major force multiplier on this team that I think the rest of the league has yet to realize at this point.
I like the idea of Wright alot too. However for him to be that impactful, he will need to get a lot of snaps at achanes and mosterts expense. Do you think that is likely to happen?

I like the idea of Wright alot too. However for him to be that impactful, he will need to get a lot of snaps at achanes and mosterts expense. Do you think that is likely to happen?
Piggybacking off of what dolfan91 pointed out, Mostert and Achane both missed games last year so that is one possible reason why he might see a lot of snaps. But the more important reason why I think he will get a lot of snaps is that he is a really good blocker which will really help Tua get off the first read and find the second or third option which will include him in the passing game as a result of it.

I think a lot depends on the injury situation, distribution amongst the RB's and McDaniel himself. Last season Mostert and Achane both missed some time. That's where I think Wright can make his mark. McDaniel will also figure out a way to get Wright carries, just like he did with Achane.

What a great question, Danny.

My first thought was someone who is bound to start, like Brewer or Fuller.

But if we're talking impact, it's probably a playmaker who gets an opportunity. I'm going to say Chop Robinson. He should get a lot of action on passing downs even when Phillips and Chubb are back. That's going to be hard for defenses to defend.

Back
Top Bottom