Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season?

I hope its Chop. I think if its him that would bring the team the greatest amount of success.

Chop is the one player who can affect the game without being scheme dependent or have to have familiarity with the scheme.

The player is unique, instinctive and explosive enough to cause havoc immediately.cause simply that’s how he plays football.

Caprison is my pick

Well, I am in agreement with dolfan91 in respect to Jaylen Wright. If the three RBs can stay healthy and if our OL can also stay healthy and improve their play, then I think we will be a very dangerous team this year.
Wright has incredible contact balance as well as legit top-end speed. He clocked over 22 mph last year on one of his many "House Call" runs.
He will put a lot of pressure on opposing teams in the 4th quarter if we are playing with a lead.
I think that will be the key difference from last year's late season collapse where we were having to be more one-dimensional because of the injuries to the OL throughout the season.
I actually think he can be a major force multiplier on this team that I think the rest of the league has yet to realize at this point.
The fact that he can block probably means he gets a lot of playing time. It's a fair bet.

I know it's early but was wondering which player you guys think will have the biggest impact on the team. I'm sure many people will say OBJ cause he's a veteran with good numbers in the past but I think we have several guys that will get a chance to make a big impact on the team for different reasons.

Chop Robinson could have an impact because we might be missing our top two pass rushers early on so he'd get a big chance to contribute.

Brewer- how good or bad our OL playes this year will go a long way as to how our team does and Brewer will be our starting center. He'll handle the ball on every down. If he has a good season and stays healthy then he could make a big impact.

Malik Washington- While people assume that OBJ is our #3 WR, Washington can make plays and OBJ has injury history so Malik could get a bigger chance than people think.

Wright-all of our RB's were hurt at some point last year and Wright is another potential playmaker

Fuller- We need a CB opposite side of Ramsey so Fuller could make a big difference on our defense

Poyer-Again, we need a safety to step up next to Holland and Poyer is a veteran that could help our secondary

Anybody else? We have several DT's and at least one or two of them will need to step up. Also, our new TE Smith should get some chances to help

At this point, the one I'm hoping will make the biggest impact is Brewer.......if he turns out to be a good center than our OL could be steady enough for our offense to reach it's potential
Kamara depending on JP & Chubb's health and how Chop plays in comparison 🤷‍♂️

Chop is the one player who can affect the game without being scheme dependent or have to have familiarity with the scheme.

The player is unique, instinctive and explosive enough to cause havoc immediately.cause simply that’s how he plays football.

Caprison is my pick
I hope you are right but the fact is he only had 13 combined tackles and 4 sacks in 10 games for PSU last year.

I have read on here that he got pressure on the QB in college but he was going against teenagers and not professional offensive linemen.

I think he could eventually be a decent backup for Phillips and Chubb once they are healthy but I’ll be surprised
If he gets more than 3 or 4 sacks the entire season in 2024.

I hope you are right but the fact is he only had 13 combined tackles and 4 sacks in 10 games for PSU last year.

I have read on here that he got pressure on the QB in college but he was going against teenagers and not professional offensive linemen.

I think he could eventually be a decent backup for Phillips and Chubb once they are healthy but I’ll be surprised
If he gets more than 3 or 4 sacks the entire season in 2024.
his tape is littered with pressures that cause mistakes all over the offense, he also plays the run very very.

Because of his unique style of play I don’t need the stats that some need to see to validate, he’s going to disrupt a lot offense because of the sheer force and wreckless abandon for which he plays.

Brewer by a large margin on offense. Run blocking in the wide zone and outside zone are critical and that is Brewer's wheelhouse.
Teair Tart on defense because he is by far the most talented IDL we added and there is a lack of top-notch talent among that position group other than Sieler and Tart.

Among the rookies...

"Whose motorcycle is this?"
"It's not a motorcycle. It's a Chopper, baby"
"Whose Chopper is it?"
"It's Zed's"
"Who is Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

Kamara I love that we hedged our bets on this position on tape this guy is relentless he will make some big plays as a rookie

Brewer by a large margin on offense. Run blocking in the wide zone and outside zone are critical and that is Brewer's wheelhouse.
Teair Tart on defense because he is by far the most talented IDL we added and there is a lack of top-notch talent among that position group other than Sieler and Tart.

Among the rookies...

"Whose motorcycle is this?"
"It's not a motorcycle. It's a Chopper, baby"
"Whose Chopper is it?"
"It's Zed's"
"Who is Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

Agreed on Tart and Brewer. If the D-line shows up, I think Brooks is going to stand out too.

Offense: OBJ
Defense: Fuller
Honorable Mention: Brooks

This team will not rush rookies. I wouldn’t be surprised if the offensive guys don’t even get snaps outside of ST for a while. The guys on defense will get rotational snaps, but that is about it.

I understand that people want Chop to succeed day 1, but we did not draft him to be an immediate starter. I’m sure he will get reps as a pass rusher since our starters won’t be 100% week 1 (although I think Phillips will be cleared to play). I do not believe Weaver will have guys on the field who are not fundamentally sound vs the run for a ton of snaps.

For me the clear answer is our vets who are going to be day 1 starters at impact positions. OBJ adds another layer to our offense. Fuller is playing opposite of Ramsey which is a massive responsibility. At some point this year I’m sure all of our rookies will play, but our vet additions are going to be more important to our success this season.

his tape is littered with pressures that cause mistakes all over the offense, he also plays the run very very.

Because of his unique style of play I don’t need the stats that some need to see to validate, he’s going to disrupt a lot offense because of the sheer force and wreckless abandon for which he plays.
In all honesty, I saw nothing from watch PSU play each week that would make me say he plays the run VERY well. He has the athleticism to track guys from behind from the opposite side. His unique burst allows him to get into the backfield quickly. But was never good at setting the edge. Guys his size rarely are. I would think his run defense will be a work in progress at the NFL level.

Brewer and Fuller (to me) is the only correct answer.

These two are slated STARTERS so if they’re not good, they will have the biggest impact on the team.

I like the *thought process* behind picking guys like Chop or OBJ or Jaylen Wright… but these are all players who are slated to split snaps. If Fuller and Brewer fail, this will have a big negative impact on us. At the same time, if they’re elite, we will look elite.

If OBJ is excellent or Jaylen Wright is excellent we go from top 5 offense to top2 offense… but if Brewer sucks it changes if we can even get the ball effectively to those two guys.

Conversely, if Fuller flops for some reason, it doesn’t matter if Chop, Chubb, or Phillips is rushing, they’re going to pick on CB2 and get rid of the ball quickly.

Back
Top Bottom