Which NFL RB is Ronnie Brown best compared to | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which NFL RB is Ronnie Brown best compared to

inFINSible said:
No, Benson doesn't run like Ricky....The only person I've ever seen who runs LIKE Ricky is Keith Byars.....Little tiny baby steps.....

Byars looked like a speed walker when he was "running" , doubt there will ever be somone like that again. Ricky looked like he was taking baby steps cuase his thighs were so large.

FinaticPatch said:
Byars looked like a speed walker when he was "running" , doubt there will ever be somone like that again. Ricky looked like he was taking baby steps cuase his thighs were so large.
Both of them could run in slippery conditions better than any backs I've ever seen.

inFINSible said:
Both of them could run in slippery conditions better than any backs I've ever seen.

Thats about the only condition Byars could run in. He could catch really well, but running, thats another story.

Ricky still had a ton of power with those little steps, Byars didn't.

They cheated, they wore curling shoes on the ice to get better grip :)

Gitrdone said:
Thats about the only condition Byars could run in. He could catch really well, but running, thats another story.

Ricky still had a ton of power with those little steps, Byars didn't.

I'm just talking about visual running style....their strides remind of each other.

Obviously any other comparison is way off.

inFINSible said:
I'm just talking about visual running style....their strides remind of each other.

Obviously any other comparison is way off.

Don't worry I knew what ya meant :)

Dudes!

He's an odd mix.

He's got Jamal Lewis' Run Power.

He's got Ahman Green's Running Style.

He's got Ladainian Tomlinson/Marshall Faulk (the last #2 runningback) Hands.

He's got Dan Kreider's Blocking.

He's like Ronnie Brown, and since he encompasses all of these qualities, the 49ers made a mistake by passing on him.

South Florida said:
He's an odd mix.

He's got Jamal Lewis' Run Power.

He's got Ahman Green's Running Style.

He's got Ladainian Tomlinson/Marshall Faulk (the last #2 runningback) Hands.

He's got Dan Kreider's Blocking.

He's like Ronnie Brown, and since he encompasses all of these qualities, the 49ers made a mistake by passing on him.

:yeahthat:

I'd have to say the most similar RB would be Terrell Davis. Their size and running styles are very similar.

Travis Henry. Hits the hole and runs into people.

Jamal Lewis - 1 cut runner, tough to bring down, great leg drive, breakaway speed once in the open. Brown doesn't quite have lewis size but is a more accomplished blocker and receiver

Fred Taylor -- they're the exact same size, and Taylor has similar speed and is about as much of a pass-catching threat.

He's not as "blocky" looking as Jamal Lewis -- he's got more flexibility in his body than him.

I dont think he is quite LT, but that is who you have to compare him to.

LT got 100 catches is a season I think, Ronnie could probably do that.

Ronnie = LT minus a bit of vision.

Back
Top Bottom