Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Reaction score
i was just thinking of this question randomly. I think its College Basketball because you have a more competiton having to be one of the top 65 out of a bunch and then having to win in a sudden death style

Stanley cup championship....the physical toll is like no other sport

The Stanley Cup. Nothing else comes close. The intensity and physicality of the Stanley Cup Playoffs cannot be matched in any sport. This cannot be argued. Well- I take that back- you can argue anything you want. You'll just be wrong.

The Superbowl= Too random. Injuries and luck play too much of a part.

The NBA= Very satisfying because the season is so long and the playoffs are all 7 game series.

MLB= The best team at the right time wins. The best teams always do make the playoffs though..so that matters.

College Football= an absolute joke.

NCAA basketball= too random as well. The tournament is one and done..you don't always get the best team at the end.

NHL= An absolute war of attrition. The last team standing wins, or the last team with players that are alive wins.

So I say NHL #1..with the NBA second.

To win a Cup you first have to make the playoffs in a sport where parity rules, playing 82 games (basically a game every 2-3 days).

Then you have to play a game every second night for two solid months at playoff intensity. I know a lot of people that come here don't watch hockey but NOTHING matches playoff intensity hockey, NOTHING! The only sport that changes as much as hockey in the playoffs is baseball in my opinion but in baseball you don't have someone moving 30 MP/H trying to run you through a wall every single time you have the puck.

Add in a TON of travel and the fact it is a very physical, very fast game...

The Stanley Cup and in my opinion it is not even close.

To win a Cup you first have to make the playoffs in a sport where parity rules, playing 82 games (basically a game every 2-3 days).

Then you have to play a game every second night for two solid months at playoff intensity. I know a lot of people that come here don't watch hockey but NOTHING matches playoff intensity hockey, NOTHING! The only sport that changes as much as hockey in the playoffs is baseball in my opinion but in baseball you don't have someone moving 30 MP/H trying to run you through a wall every single time you have the puck.

Add in a TON of travel and the fact it is a very physical, very fast game...

The Stanley Cup and in my opinion it is not even close.

I agree with most everything you said. Playoff hockey is very intense. Due to the nature of the sports, its hard to think baseball could be as intense, but nothing will gripe me like the two 7 game series in the ALCS between the Yankees and Sox. Not only is the game intense, but years of history and tradition are on the line.

Unified...

Other than Hockey...the NBA changes the most in the playoffs.
This is where I try and defend my stance but I'll be suoer honest and say my NBA knowledge could fit in a thimble.

To be honest, I have not watched an NBA game from start to finish since the Grizzlies left.

I based my opinion on what I see in baseball and how I watch the sport during the regular season as opposed to playoffs. When I'm watching playoff baseball I don't leave my seat and don't miss a pitch. When I'm watching regular season baseball I'll flip channels in between pitches, sometimes missing 2-3 at bats...LOL!

What are the major differences in an NBA regular season game as opposed to a playoff game?

I agree with most everything you said. Playoff hockey is very intense. Due to the nature of the sports, its hard to think baseball could be as intense, but nothing will gripe me like the two 7 game series in the ALCS between the Yankees and Sox. Not only is the game intense, but years of history and tradition are on the line.

I'll never argue against playoff baseball. Baseball is a TOTALLY different game in the playoffs in my opinion. I watch very little regular season baseball (unless it's the A's of course) but during the playoffs I don't miss anything.

This is where I try and defend my stance but I'll be suoer honest and say my NBA knowledge could fit in a thimble.

To be honest, I have not watched an NBA game from start to finish since the Grizzlies left.

I based my opinion on what I see in baseball and how I watch the sport during the regular season as opposed to playoffs. When I'm watching playoff baseball I don't leave my seat and don't miss a pitch. When I'm watching regular season baseball I'll flip channels in between pitches, sometimes missing 2-3 at bats...LOL!

What are the major differences in an NBA regular season game as opposed to a playoff game?

More physical. They allow alot more "rough" play for position in the post and the defense is for real.

In the regular season..teams defend for spurts. In the playoffs the succesful teams defend the whole game.

Just the physicality. That is why some "stars" don't perform all that great in the postseason..they shy from physical play.

I voted for baseball because well I'm a baseball homer. But in my opinion nothing is better than those 3 weeks in October.

In my opinion both the NBA and NHL playoffs are way too long and too many teams make it, a very average team could make the playoffs in those sports but not with baseball due to the amount of games played and the limited amount of teams making it to the playoffs. It's almost harder to not make the playoffs than to make it.

Nothing against those sports or even football but I'd rather spend three weeks watching the best teams playing each other in October.

Back
Top Bottom