Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
I am pretty surprised by the Super Bowl votes after two consecutive poor Super Bowl performances.

The Rose Bowl with USC vs UT made the Super Bowl look average.

I wouldn't go as far to say 1 great player in football means nothing, but it doesn't mean as much as basketball and baseball

How many superbowls has LT one? How many has Manning won until this year? What about Dan Marino? Larry Johnson? TO?

Basketball is the only sport where one player can really much mean everything. One player is alot more valueable in baseball then it is in football, but neither are really close to basketball

Well you could make the arguement that Johnson/TO/LT took their teams to the playoffs and Ryan Howard could not carry his team to the playoffs. Then you would bring up a point about a pitcher who can dominate a single game. Though he generally pitches 1/5 of the games during the season and even if he averages 7 innings that still puts 2 innings up to chance. I don't want to do the math but it's over 20% of the game. Then realize that the pitcher would not be hitting so now he can only really account for 30% of the game. Unless he's dealing he's not striking all those guys out either so then he's probably at best accounting for 10% of the game and that's probably the most dominant a player can be in baseball. Batters get about 4 opportunities a game to "carry" a team offensively. While a RB or Qb in the NFL gets 20-30 opportunities. Football teams need depth but since it is such a shorter season it tends to be noticed more. Though good managers use their bench adding another aspect to the game.

Back
Top Bottom