Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
umm that last thing you said was ridiculous... baseball is the true team sport? its like the least team sport... you dont play with your teammates, you bat individually, you dont even need to know who your teammates are, in the field the only time you really have a team play is a double play...

baseball is the least team sport... football is obviously the most team sport, you need every piece working in precision to even just have 1 positive play... how can you say all you need is a great QB? what if the oline cant block for him, what if his receivers dont get open, what if his defense doesn't stop the other team... no one player can win a football game at all, the QB gets the glory but its always a team effort

In baseball one guy can hit 3 home runs but if nobody is on base its only 3 runs and if your pitchers and bullpen stinks and is giving up a bunch of runs.......it means nothnig. BASEBALL IS THE ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT!!!!!

The QB has the ball in his hands for half of the game!!!!!!! He controls everything. A great QB with no help around him can win a game for his team by himself (ever hear of the Dan Marino era!!??!!)

In baseball one guy can hit 3 home runs but if nobody is on base its only 3 runs and if your pitchers and bullpen stinks and is giving up a bunch of runs.......it means nothnig. BASEBALL IS THE ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT!!!!!

The QB has the ball in his hands for half of the game!!!!!!! He controls everything. A great QB with no help around him can win a game for his team by himself (ever hear of the Dan Marino era!!??!!)

and how many championships did we win with Marino with those teams... and of course there is some aspect of team in every sport... but again a baseball team they dont play together, they dont play as a team... they are individuals who take turns doing what they have to do... but you are exactly right a guy can hit 3 home runs with no one on base, but they can still win with that...

comparing baseball to football as team sports is like saying singles tennis is a team sport... be serious, you cant be that biased towards baseball to try to make that argument...

and how many championships did we win with Marino with those teams... and of course there is some aspect of team in every sport... but again a baseball team they dont play together, they dont play as a team... they are individuals who take turns doing what they have to do... but you are exactly right a guy can hit 3 home runs with no one on base, but they can still win with that...

comparing baseball to football as team sports is like saying singles tennis is a team sport... be serious, you cant be that biased towards baseball to try to make that argument...

I think you're missing a lot of the team aspects in baseball such as pitcher and catcher communication including giving signs on to what pitch to throw, double plays, hitting cut off men, double steals, hit and runs, suicide squeezes, bunting, coaches giving signs to the players, infielders giving signs to the outfielders on which pitch the pitcher is throwing etc. There's a lot more to baseball than just hitting.

Marino didn't win any championships but he was close!!

In baseball one great player can't keep his team close!!! In football a QB wil have the ball for 50% of the game esentially and have endless opportunities to help his team score!!

In baseball a player will get 3 or 4 at bats and only limited opportunities to score. Which is why the whole "CLUTCH" thing is baseball is a joke when comparing it to players who are "CLUTCH" in the NBA or NFL!!!

One player in baseball can't make his team win. I'm sorry. It takes a team!!

listen ima baseball fan... obviously there is a team aspect, but not nearly as much as football...

you have your pitcher, and yes everyone behind him is helping him, blah blah... him and his catcher have to be on the same page... but again if your the RF, there is no sense of teamwork at all in what you do, maybe you let up on a fly ball to right center casue the center fielder waved you off... but usually if the ball comes your way you catch it, or pick it up and toss to a cut off man, some teamwork there, but does that compare to football?

in football to run one run play you need each lineman to move exactly as designed at the exact right time in unison as the QB has to drop back at the right angle to his RB who has to be coming to the right spot and getting ready to hit a hole that his lineman had to work in unison to create... and its even more **** on a passing play...

saying baseball is more a team sport than football is laughable... saying baseball is more a team sport than hockey and bball is too, but especially basketball... im not saying baseball has no aspect of team play, but its not even close to football, bball or hockey where you need to be in unison with your teammates the entire game...

listen ima baseball fan... obviously there is a team aspect, but not nearly as much as football...

you have your pitcher, and yes everyone behind him is helping him, blah blah... him and his catcher have to be on the same page... but again if your the RF, there is no sense of teamwork at all in what you do, maybe you let up on a fly ball to right center casue the center fielder waved you off... but usually if the ball comes your way you catch it, or pick it up and toss to a cut off man, some teamwork there, but does that compare to football?

in football to run one run play you need each lineman to move exactly as designed at the exact right time in unison as the QB has to drop back at the right angle to his RB who has to be coming to the right spot and getting ready to hit a hole that his lineman had to work in unison to create... and its even more **** on a passing play...

saying baseball is more a team sport than football is laughable... saying baseball is more a team sport than hockey and bball is too, but especially basketball... im not saying baseball has no aspect of team play, but its not even close to football, bball or hockey where you need to be in unison with your teammates the entire game...

More people are involved in a single play in football, NBA and NHL than baseball no doubt. But I think you depend on your team more in baseball than in the other sports. A single player in any of those sports (NFL, NBA and NHL) can win a game for their team while in baseball you have to count on almost everyone every night. Look at Lebron, his teammates aren't very good at all, but his team wins simply because of him. Plus I wouldn't really call the NBA a team sport right now due to nobody playing defense and there are a lot of ball hogs and gunners in the NBA.

Best baseball example I can think of off the top of my head is when Alex Rodriguez was in Texas he was the single best player in the game yet his team finished dead last every year he was there because the other 24 guys couldn't help him. Or how about when a player throws a no hitter yet still loses a game 1-0 (which has happened many times before), imagine that a pitcher doesn't allow a single hit yet still loses a game because his defense and hitting couldn't help him out.

So that's why I'd consider baseball is the ultimate team sport. I'm not trying to take anything away from the NFL, NHL or NBA but I think you have to depend on your teammates more in baseball simply because one player can't win or lose a game for you like in the other sports.

see i think im talking about the actual playing of the sport... its a team game football, while baseball i dont consider as much a team game, yes you obviously need other players to do things also, but the actual act of playing baseball isn't involving much teamwork...

i think im talking on a playing level, as opposed to an observing level like you guys...

but still i can see your point on NBA, because the numbers are less, when you have 5 guys on the court, you can have one guy that makes that much of a difference, but i mean baseball you have 2 great pitchers and you can win a WS... (see arizona 2001)...

football one great player means nothing, its a complete team effort to win, im still putting football completely above baseball

Well every sport is insanely demaning don't get me wrong. I guess I didn't look at the question of being what's the most demanding championship, or what's the toughest. I looked at it as what's the most satisfying to me the fan.

My Spurs have won 3 titles and I loved every second of them. But nothing would compare to the Dolphins winning the SB. Every who knows me knows I'm a friggin Dolfan for life.

NHL playoffs are pretty sweet. MLB the tension is high but I don't see it as tough as the NHL. Same goes for the NBA. I don't do soccer, so I can't comment on it.

I think most football players want to win a SB though not nearly as much as players in other sports want to win. Though I can't blame because of the business side of football. Contracts aren't guranteed so if a guy is likely to be cut then he has to choose to be loyal to himself rather than maybe risk a career. Everything in the NHL and MLB playoffs is magnified so I think those are the best two to watch by far. I used to be as big of a NFL fan as anybody but I guess other football fans have kinda diluted my interest. The public does not hold the NFL accountable for ANYTHING and it is ridiculous.

I think most football players want to win a SB though not nearly as much as players in other sports want to win. Though I can't blame because of the business side of football. Contracts aren't guranteed so if a guy is likely to be cut then he has to choose to be loyal to himself rather than maybe risk a career. Everything in the NHL and MLB playoffs is magnified so I think those are the best two to watch by far. I used to be as big of a NFL fan as anybody but I guess other football fans have kinda diluted my interest. The public does not hold the NFL accountable for ANYTHING and it is ridiculous.

Well nowadays money certainly does most of the talking. No doubt about that.

I gotta go with SuperBowl because that's the only one one of my teams has won. :(

I think you're missing a lot of the team aspects in baseball such as pitcher and catcher communication including giving signs on to what pitch to throw, double plays, hitting cut off men, double steals, hit and runs, suicide squeezes, bunting, coaches giving signs to the players, infielders giving signs to the outfielders on which pitch the pitcher is throwing etc. There's a lot more to baseball than just hitting.

Besides all that the pitcher relies on the guys in the field to make plays for him and he relies on the batters to put runs on the board. The batters rely on the pitcher to keep the game close so they have a chance. All the players rely on each other quite a bit in baseball.

That's what pisses me off, statements like this. How could St Louis not have been the best last year? They did everything they needed to to win the World Series.

What defines the best? How can the best not win the championship?

Shockingly that happens quite often, in all sports.:goof:

For instance last year the Cardinals had the 13th best record in baseball. They made the postseason only beacause every other team in their division was worse than they were. The Angels, Red Sox, White Sox, and Toronto all had more wins than the Cardinals and all of them played tougher schedules, but did not not play in the postseason due to lack of spaces in the American League. The Cardinals got hot in the postseason, and were lucky to not play some of the better teams.

Also in 2005 the European team soccer championship, The UEFA Champions League, was won by Liverpool, who were only the 5th best team in England. Liverpool got lucky that better teams than they were(Real Madrid, Manchester United) lost in other playoff rounds. Liverpool also got very lucky in their semi-final game against Chelsea by a goal in the 1st minute that never actually crossed the goal line was counted. So they were not the best, but they won.

see i think im talking about the actual playing of the sport... its a team game football, while baseball i dont consider as much a team game, yes you obviously need other players to do things also, but the actual act of playing baseball isn't involving much teamwork...

i think im talking on a playing level, as opposed to an observing level like you guys...

but still i can see your point on NBA, because the numbers are less, when you have 5 guys on the court, you can have one guy that makes that much of a difference, but i mean baseball you have 2 great pitchers and you can win a WS... (see arizona 2001)...

football one great player means nothing, its a complete team effort to win, im still putting football completely above baseball

WOW!! Someone actually believes this. One great player in football means nothing???? And baseball takes no teamwork. UN-FRIGGIN REAL!!

I wouldn't go as far to say 1 great player in football means nothing, but it doesn't mean as much as basketball and baseball

How many superbowls has LT one? How many has Manning won until this year? What about Dan Marino? Larry Johnson? TO?

Basketball is the only sport where one player can really much mean everything. One player is alot more valueable in baseball then it is in football, but neither are really close to basketball

Back
Top Bottom