Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
It seems all the baseball people (mikeo, rwhitney, greenmonster) pick baseball, the hockey people pick hockey, etc.

Shoulda expected that

Here is why the other ones are wrong...

NHL/NBA everyone makes the playoffs. Bad teams get in

NFL has the 1st round bye's ruin their playoffs a bit. Too much of an advantage to the good teams

BCS is too subjective

March Madness is a lot of luck (seeding, draw, where games are played) and about getting hot at the right 3 weeks.

Everybody seemingly makes the playoffs in the NHL and NBA which dilutes the first couple rounds. I think rewarding NFL teams with a bye is a good thing. Though it's hard for me to say something is the best championship when it's one game. In long series teams get exposed so generally the best team wins. That probably helps the arguement for the tournament because anybody has a chance. Though it seems like certain things that happen in college sports like the idea of a "neutral site" are garbage. UCLA not leaving the state of California and Louisville playing in Lexington come to mind along with LSU a few years ago in the BCS vs Oklahoma.

Average teams do get into MLB playoffs like San Diego a couple years ago, probably could put St. Louis in last year but they proved everybody wrong. Generally over the course of a season Managers have little impact IMO, though in the playoffs everything is magnified.

I guess if I were to go on the fans interest i'd probably say soccer fans have the most passion. Though i'd like to think of throwing flares onto the field and having a player killed as stupidity.

NFL Super Bowl is the number 1 championship b/c the season is shorter then the others, there are less games, and football is the most demanding of the 4 major sports (mentally/physically).

Why cant we win a SB for once! :D

To me this is a NO BRAINER its the World Series

1) 162 games you gotta be good from April-September. You can't backdoor your way into any playoff spot!!!

2) In the playoffs you won't face any team that is at.500 or under .500 in the 1st round. You will be playing quality in the playoffs all the way through. (unlike NBA and NFL)

3) 3 rounds of playoffs vs all good teams

4) 5 gamd and 7 game series in the playoffs and no one player can carry you to a championship (ala football with a great QB or NBA/NCAA with 1 great player). It's the true "TEAM" sport.
Unless your from the NL west :tongue:

World Cup without a question. Only one where you can actually say that you are World Champions and you actually are because you beat all the greatest players in the world.

:chuckle:
...actually, that applies to the NHL too.

I actually like the European League Championship in soccer better than the world cup. It seems like the players play at lot better in that tournament

NFL Super Bowl is the number 1 championship b/c the season is shorter then the others, there are less games, and football is the most demanding of the 4 major sports (mentally/physically).

Why cant we win a SB for once! :D

I don't know if it's the most demanding. Baseball players have 162 games a year and generally they get few days off. Going 3 games in 4 nights has to be brutal for NBA and NHL players also.

The NFL is king and can really do whatever it wants. Though i've always wondered why other sports get killed by fans for doing things while the NHL players do the same thing. In the latest ESPN the mag an article was in their talking about the NFL and HGH along with steroids. That league is run so well compared to MLB and the NHL that anybody could test positive for 'roids and he'd be forgiven.

I'm wondering if that snide "whatever Canadian" comment was meant to be an insult or not. Whatever...

When you say "hockey sucks" I take it as an insult, especially coming from someone who has probably never seen a live NHL game in his life.

My "puck panties" aren't in a bunch, I don't get agitated by people that sling insults on the internet, especially an uneducated insult. It was a good attempt though...

Preconceived notions are WEAK.

Hockey doesn't suck but I don't like it that much. And I've been to at least 10 games. :wink:

I don't know if it's the most demanding. Baseball players have 162 games a year and generally they get few days off. Going 3 games in 4 nights has to be brutal for NBA and NHL players also.

The NFL is king and can really do whatever it wants. Though i've always wondered why other sports get killed by fans for doing things while the NHL players do the same thing. In the latest ESPN the mag an article was in their talking about the NFL and HGH along with steroids. That league is run so well compared to MLB and the NHL that anybody could test positive for 'roids and he'd be forgiven.

Well every sport is insanely demaning don't get me wrong. I guess I didn't look at the question of being what's the most demanding championship, or what's the toughest. I looked at it as what's the most satisfying to me the fan.

My Spurs have won 3 titles and I loved every second of them. But nothing would compare to the Dolphins winning the SB. Every who knows me knows I'm a friggin Dolfan for life.

NHL playoffs are pretty sweet. MLB the tension is high but I don't see it as tough as the NHL. Same goes for the NBA. I don't do soccer, so I can't comment on it.

the best teams dont always win the world series. st. louis for example

That's what pisses me off, statements like this. How could St Louis not have been the best last year? They did everything they needed to to win the World Series.

What defines the best? How can the best not win the championship?

stanley cup...

hockey isn't my number 1 spot, football is, and its basically a tie between hockey, bball and baseball as my number 2, none stand out more than the other... unless we are talking playoffs... playoff hockey is so intense overtime games in the playoffs are the most tense sport watching experience... also the history behind the stanley cup and being there is only ONE stanley cup helps add to it being most satisfying...

Stanley Cup!

Hockey is my #1 sport, NFL Football is #2, and College Football is #3.

I play ice hockey (goalie) here in Tampa, and go to about 20-30 Lightning games a year, thus Hockey is king in my book. Which is odd considering I'm a Florida Native (Cracker) and have never seen snow. I only route for 1 NHL team and thats the Lightning.

NFL Football is #2, I can't stand my home team the Buc's and have been a Dolphins fan since birth. Unlike Ice Hockey I also like the Dallas Cowboys a wee-bit, they are my Dad's team.

NCAA Football is #3, The Miami Hurricanes are my favorite college team, and the USF Bulls are fast becoming a close second.

I don't like the other sports, I make it a point to stick to physical sports that have a bunch of contact (i.e. Hockey and Football) only, and because Baseball lacks intended contact, and Basketball lacks the ability to use physical contact I can't really get into them.

To me this is a NO BRAINER its the World Series

1) 162 games you gotta be good from April-September. You can't backdoor your way into any playoff spot!!!

2) In the playoffs you won't face any team that is at.500 or under .500 in the 1st round. You will be playing quality in the playoffs all the way through. (unlike NBA and NFL)

3) 3 rounds of playoffs vs all good teams

4) 5 gamd and 7 game series in the playoffs and no one player can carry you to a championship (ala football with a great QB or NBA/NCAA with 1 great player). It's the true "TEAM" sport.

umm that last thing you said was ridiculous... baseball is the true team sport? its like the least team sport... you dont play with your teammates, you bat individually, you dont even need to know who your teammates are, in the field the only time you really have a team play is a double play...

baseball is the least team sport... football is obviously the most team sport, you need every piece working in precision to even just have 1 positive play... how can you say all you need is a great QB? what if the oline cant block for him, what if his receivers dont get open, what if his defense doesn't stop the other team... no one player can win a football game at all, the QB gets the glory but its always a team effort

Back
Top Bottom