Which rookie are you looking forward to see in training camp? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which rookie are you looking forward to see in training camp?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
Man I really want to see all of them practice...too bad im not in Miami tho...but I cant wait to hear all of the news I get from finheaven fellas goin to TC...Carey working and progressing @ RT...Poole in the Dime or nickle...Bua @ OLB hittin hard and Pope in the middle huntin heads...Hadnot and Pape battle for the Guard and Center spots...some of the UDFA would be nice to watch as well...Moa,Quentin Easlick Taylor...LAST YEARS ROOKIES should be a sight also...Moore in the backup OLB role competing w/Morlon like he should've last season and show us he is worth 2nd RD pick, Jenkins improvin and crash into some foos and could be a steal for us...Cant wait to see what safety Bell can do when he is 100% compete for the starting FS spot maybe?...RS and Wanny told us to keep an eye on Bell...on the offensive side of the ball Tolver in the slot in 2nd year would be a nice fit...Smith starting in 2nd year @ LT a steal in the 3rd prolly best T in last years draft...Whitley and Lee I would like to see step it up and do something. Training Camp would be nice to go see and watch how these young guys fit in and progress as the first pre season game is coming closer.

looking forward most to seeing the 1st pass from Feeley to Boston :D

I want to keep a very close eye on the OL, the QB, and the WR's this off-season....

Feeley, Fiedler, Boston, Chambers, Thompson, Tolver, Wilkins, Minnis, Carey, McKinney, James, Smith, Whitley, German, Yates, Pape, and Hadnot will all be evaluated, and graded accordingly....by me. :eek:

Not time for defense. I'm all offense this off-season!!!! :drinkers:

PHINZ RULE!!! :cpatch:

im looking forward in all the rookies espcially the ones from last season to see how much they have imporved.

CincyFinFan said:
Without a doubt, Vernon Carey as much of the success this year depends on him at right tackle
Oh yeah for sure but also see how all starting five Olineman work together as a unit and develop chemistry and get a feel and speed of the game and move down the field with ricky...With the starting five right now,Smith James Mckinney Jerman Carey, I'd say we have a better line on than we did last season...Our line is younger and more athletic this season...now we just wait and see if they work well as a Unit...and the first preseson game is when we'll be able to see that....Jacksonville...Douglas and henderson testing them.

If I had to choose one, I'd like to see Poole. How is he going to fit into this secondary. It could be a huge boost to this team if he works out.

Bua. Definitely. From what I hear, the guy is going to be hitting people all over the place. I love that. I say he puts on ten pounds and wins the back up MLB job behind Zach.

Moore is still hurting, so OLB is also a possiblity, but Bua looks like he could be the steal of the draft. He's got all the qualifications - productive in college and a little off set mentally (super aggressive).

I will also be eager to see Feely in tc. Apparently, in those five games Feely started and won a year and a half ago, his receivers dropped A LOT of balls. I think that (rating the Eagles poor receivers) factored heavily into Rick's decision making. He probably put in the game tape and saw the dropped balls. When you factor those in, the guy's QB rating sky rockets. I just read about this today, and it gives me a lot mor hope than what I had only a week ago. When you add this dimension (misread of Feely's talent based on dropped balls) along with the fact that coming out of college he was perceived to have a "weak" arm mainly because when he tested for scouts, he was still recovering from the elbow injury that sacked his college career, Feely could be a steal.

Oh and of course David Boston working everyday against the best secondary in the league. Boston will temper his wares against our secondary and when he plays against inferior secondaries on game day he will light it up.

and of course the Oline particularly how Jeno James, Seth McKinney and Wade smith work together. The right side, is still in flux, so I see a lot of change there, but the left side needs to show it's the rock of the line. If those three guys can come in and play well, it will make the transition on the right side tha much easier. I definitely see Carey excelling at RT and my hope is that MCintosh has the quickness to move inside and wrap up our guard spot.

Here's my ideal line:

LT - Smith
LG - James
C - MCKinney
RG - MCIntosh
RT - Carey

That could be an incredible starting line heading into the second half of the season (when Damien is finally healthy).

Rookie, Carey as I think his readiness to play in the Pros will be a key for us next year, otherwise the OL as a group setting up the pass game for AJ, Chris, David and RM. If we can get the pass game to work RW is going to run wild!

O-line BIG TIME! Its the key to our season! Yes AJ. is a big part of it ,but O-line thats make or break for us!!!!!!!!!!

Vern.. but only because it will be great to see my boy in a dolphin uniform!! He has wanted to be a dolphin his whole life and now he is and i am so proud of him!!! :biggrin:

If we're talking about just the rookies, Will Poole will be the guy to watch in mini-camps where you're not allowed to hit much, and Bua and Pope will probably be the most fun to watch when the hitting is allowed. OL are never very fun to watch, speaking from experience. So hard to judge in training camp. I remember when I went down there with Muck and some others to Orlando one time we all came away super impressed with Seth McKinney in his rookie year. So much for that. Its just hard to tell outside of game conditions.

Other than that I suppose Will Poole could be fun to watch, I remember having a fairly good time watching Korey Banks in action as well as Alphonso Roundtree. But that won't compare to when hitting is allowed and you start to see Bua and Pope in action. They are true aggressive backlayer tacklers. They will be fun to watch in preseason because I guarantee they will lay some people out. Will Poole could be the surprise rookie of camp (there's always one...Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, JR Tolver) because you might see him start stepping in front of errant passes sooner rather than later, especially as we break in AJ Feeley.

I really badly want to go down there this Sunday man...baaaad.

Some of these players won't be able to shine until the hitting begins.

Initally, I'll be wanting to hear the reports about the timing between the QB and the receivers and how our steal 4th round DB does in pass coverage. I read that Poole has really good hands.

The #3 WR battle should be interesting. Is Snoop back to form from his injuries? JR Tolver? Sam Simmons? DT?

Someone has got to tell Surtain to hit with the other side of the hammer...

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom