Which rookie are you looking forward to see in training camp? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which rookie are you looking forward to see in training camp?

The #3 WR battle should be interesting. Is Snoop back to form from his injuries? JR Tolver? Sam Simmons? DT?

Don't count out Derrius he's the most experienced and polished route runner. His size matchup problems make him a good matchup 3rd WR. He's a lot like Gadsden, and so he should be used as a 3rd WR to get matchup problems against smaller CBs or guys who can't jump very well.

As for NON-rookies obviously the new additions on offense will be the guys to watch...Boston and Feeley. EVERYONE will be watching them

That's funny. I originally read the hammer post in my email (no picture attached). I thought to myself what an interesting line. "Somebody's got to tell Surtain to hit with the other side of the hammer". I originally thought you were talking about Surtain's technique in bumping the receiver at the line and that with the new rules in effect with the league on hitting receivers that Surtain would now have to be more creative with his "bump and run" coverage - ie. really deliver a hard shot within five yards and do it with "the other side of the hammer" or the sharp two pronged side. When I finally saw the line with the picture it completely changes the meaning.

I love that phrase though and may, with your permission of course, use it in the future.

Ie: "The guy is a great hitter, but he needs to start hitting with the other side of the hammer"

Maybe I'm going crazy...

Bua all the way he's going to be some player

miamirw said:
...Ie: "The guy is a great hitter, but he needs to start hitting with the other side of the hammer"...

Yea, I suspect that we are going to have to adjust our pass coverage technique so that we are not hammered with penalties.

I think what is really happening in the picture is that Surtain missed the ceiling joist with his nail and now he had to remove it and try again. Ooops!

clear.gif

either that or he got hammered last night and figured he'd build a few structures to get rid of the hang over.

infiltrateib said:
"One last nail and... ok, good, ceiling's in. Now, someone call David Bowens to put in all the light fixtures."

No we need Bowens, get OGun insted. :lol:

MissMeth said:
Vern.. but only because it will be great to see my boy in a dolphin uniform!! He has wanted to be a dolphin his whole life and now he is and i am so proud of him!!! :biggrin:
It's good to get some inside confirmation on that. You always hear players saying, "It's great to be in ______. I'm glad they picked me" etc...

AJ of course and the whole o-line but I can't wait to see Bua and Pope on ST's.

Ozzy rules!!

This time of year, it's all about QBs, WRs, and DBs. And even then you can't tell much. Timing is about all you can really hope to come away with. I can't wait to see Sam and Pat vs Chambers and Boston. I'm also eager to see Feeley throw the ball.

As for what I'm really looking forward to overall......watching that OL. I'm really hoping that, for only the second time in memory, I will see us get a consistent push game in, game out. 2000 was the first season I could recall where we'd line up on 3rd and 1......and I'd actually hope for a running play.....and then be absolutely suprised if we DIDN'T pick up the 1st down.

Anyway, I can't wait for training camp and full contact 11-on-11s (as close as we can get).

Last edited by a moderator:
Muck said:
This time of year, it's all about QBs, WRs, and DBs. And even then you can't tell much. Timing is about all you can really hope to come away with. I can't wait to see Sam and Pat vs Chambers and Boston. I'm also eager to see Feeley throw the ball.

As for what I'm really looking forward to overall......watching that OL. I'm really hoping that, for only the second time in memory, I will see us get a consistent push game in, game out. 2000 was the first season I could recall where we'd line up on 3rd and 1......and I'd actually hope for a running play.....and then be absolutely suprised if we DIDN'T pick up the 1st down.

Anyway, I can't wait for training camp and full contact 11-on-11s (as close as we can get).
Wow Muck, you must be very young if you never saw us run the ball good before 2000.Of course you know about the glory days of the 70's but in the early 80's we have a very good o-line with 3 probowlers....Newman,Stevenson and Kuechenburg and Jon Gisler was a pretty good OT as well. Before Marino became the starter in 83 we ran the ball a lot better than we trew it with Woodley(rip) and even when Dan came to us we still had a good o-line but they just stoped running the ball at that point for some reason...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom