• Ronnie Brown

Votes: 59 70.2%
  • Lamont Jordan

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - Who?

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
phinphan11 said:
While that may be true, we arn't really taking a stepo backwards are we? BTW, I bet you were all for trading Henry for another pick, right?
i dont think you are taking a step back. i do think Brown will be a very good RB in the NFL. but as many have said, you never know what your going to get out of a draft pick. Alexander and henry have shown they can get the job done. and both have 5 or so years left in them.

i was all for trading henry. i was hoping to get a OT, but a 2nd rounder would have been great this year in the draft. but now we are looking for a pick in next years draft. he is definatly not comming back to buffalo, no matter what our people say to increase his trade value.

ch19079 said:
i dont think you are taking a step back. i do think Brown will be a very good RB in the NFL. but as many have said, you never know what your going to get out of a draft pick. Alexander and henry have shown they can get the job done. and both have 5 or so years left in them.

i was all for trading henry. i was hoping to get a OT, but a 2nd rounder would have been great this year in the draft. but now we are looking for a pick in next years draft. he is definatly not comming back to buffalo, no matter what our people say to increase his trade value.

This is true, but I think that Miami didn't want to "invest" that much into a veteran and chose to do it with a very good rookie instead. Either of those deals would have hand-cuffed the salary cap.

phinphan11 said:
This is true, but I think that Miami didn't want to "invest" that much into a veteran and chose to do it with a very good rookie instead. Either of those deals would have hand-cuffed the salary cap.

alexander might have wanted A LOT of money, but Henry just wants what the Raiders gave their RB who is nothing more than a glorified backup. its still alot of money, but not THAT much money.

how much do the #2 overall draft picks make?

how does that compaire with that the raiders gave their RB??

ch19079 said:

I think Alexander would have been fun to have on the team but his price would have been WAY to high! As for Henry I'm not so sure he is going to be a produtive back in the future! He has taken a lot of punishment the last few years and his injuries have proven it! Not that he can't be but I think it would have been a risk on a guy that has been injuried the last couple of years! I like the pick of Brown over both those guys but in a perfect world I would have loved to see James in a Dolphins uni, but it's not perfect and he would have cost a fortune!

ch19079 said:
alexander might have wanted A LOT of money, but Henry just wants what the Raiders gave their RB who is nothing more than a glorified backup. its still alot of money, but not THAT much money.

how much do the #2 overall draft picks make?

how does that compaire with that the raiders gave their RB??

Not sure about the Raider's RB but with a rookie, even a #2, the contract can be spread over a number of years (unless the CB agreement is not ratified) that can be more palatable because the RB's shelf life should be better.

Besides, aren't there health conerns with Henry, as well?

phinphan11 said:
Not sure about the Raider's RB but with a rookie, even a #2, the contract can be spread over a number of years (unless the CB agreement is not ratified) that can be more palatable because the RB's shelf life should be better.

Besides, aren't there health conerns with Henry, as well?

last seasons "injury" was a joke. he was tackled and he said i dont want to play.
in teh past he has had injuries, like most players in the NFL, but he played through them. and ran well. a broken leg bone, (non weight bearing bone) and he ran for 1300+ yards. hes got alot of tallent, and willingness to play with an injury. but last season he knew his time in buffalo was over and said, *uck it, and looked for an excuse to not play. being benched for a draft pick after back to back 1300+ yard seasons ticked him off.

ch19079 said:
last seasons "injury" was a joke. he was tackled and he said i dont want to play.
in teh past he has had injuries, like most players in the NFL, but he played through them. and ran well. a broken leg bone, (non weight bearing bone) and he ran for 1300+ yards. hes got alot of tallent, and willingness to play with an injury. but last season he knew his time in buffalo was over and said, *uck it, and looked for an excuse to not play. being benched for a draft pick after back to back 1300+ yard seasons ticked him off.

Oh, a real team player I see.... Then, no thanks, I wouldn't want him either.

ch19079 said:
you used the #2 overall pick on Brown, when you could have used a 3rd rounder on Alexander or T. Henry.

henry over brown. NOOO thanks.

Is there even any reason to root for or want someone besides R. Brown? That's the guy we picked. He's a DOlphin. THat's it. Go Ronnie. Forget everybody else.

MofoPhin said:
henry over brown. NOOO thanks.
what i was trying to say was that if you traded a 3rd rounder for Henry, then the fins could have used the #2 overall pick on a diffrent position.

I won't lie. I voted for Benson. He was the guy I wanted all along. Now that he is in Chicago and Ronnie Brown is in Miami, I hope Brown proves me wrong. But I was not just going to vote for Brown just because the Phins drafted him. And judging by the poll that is exactly what some guys are doing.

Of course, if Ricky was an option he may have got my vote.

BringBackShula said:
Is there even any reason to root for or want someone besides R. Brown? That's the guy we picked. He's a DOlphin. THat's it. Go Ronnie. Forget everybody else.

Yes, but if I am reading the poll question correctly, it wants to know who people WANTED the Phins to draft/sign. Being happy with Brown and rooting for him now is fine, but the poll is asking who you wanted before the draft.
The fact that the poll is sooooooo lopsided leads me to believe alot of people are just picking Brown because he is the guy the Phins selected. There is nothing wrong with admitting you wanted someone else if the was the case.

I have to vote for Brown cuz thats who we have.The others would all be nice but i dont really like to play the what if game.Brown is who we have and im happy with him.Cant wait to see him play for us.

Back
Top Bottom