Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Top Player Do You NOT Want Dolphins To Pick?

Who would you LEAST like the Dolphins to Draft

• QB - Alex Smith

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • QB - Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • RB - Cedric Benson

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • RB - Ronnie Brown

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • RB - Cadillac Williams

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • WR - Braylon Edwards

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • WR - Mike Williams

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • LB - Derrick Rodgers

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • Other (Name in post)

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
@@@@@ said:
I'm not trying to knock MW i think he'll have a great career but taking receivers in the top 5 simply isn't value heres all the top 5 WR's from the last 10 years how many are worth there status

#4 Michael Westbrook

#1 Keyshawn Johnson

#4 Peter Warrick

#2 Charles Rodgers
#3 Andre Johnson

#3 Larry Fitzgerald

Johnson has had a good career but was probably the 4th or 5th best receiver in the draft (Owens, Harrison, Moulds, Horn, Muhammed) Fitzgerald is to early to say so only Andre Johnson has lived up to his draft status and be has everything size, speed, hands and IMO drafting a possesion receiver #2 doesn't make sense

This is a good point as to the dangers of drafting a WR. However, while Johnson was drafted high - would you accept Owens or Harrison at the #2 pick in the draft?

I'd take either of those two. Mike Williams is scary b/c he gets big fast and has had to bust his butt to get just under 230. If he goes up to 240-245 (which is possible) he'll be even slower and while he'll be a reliable receiver, probably very good in the red zone, it's a risk b/c he may not be a gamebreaker.

Derrick Johnson, Aaron Rogers, Smith. We dont need a LB at #2, I dont like WCO QBs they are all products of their systems, Smith didnt play against top competition and has a big question marks in throwing some routes, lacks arm strength.

I know I am in the minority, but I really think Rodgers is overrated. I watched his bowl game this year and he looked HORRIBLE. Throws were bouncing to, and behind the wr'ers. Yes I know the supporters will say all his starting wr's were out... so I guess that is valid. Just that is the only thing still in my mind about him.

We had Derrick Rodgers and he sucked.

Alex Smith. The kid is probably the smartest player in the draft, but i think he lacks the physical talent.

The bowl game was definitely Rodgers' worst performance

Oboy said:
I know I am in the minority, but I really think Rodgers is overrated. I watched his bowl game this year and he looked HORRIBLE. Throws were bouncing to, and behind the wr'ers. Yes I know the supporters will say all his starting wr's were out... so I guess that is valid. Just that is the only thing still in my mind about him.

His apologists are conveniently dismissing it. Rodgers looked even more mechanical and overmatched athletically than normal. I was semi-shocked. You are exactly correct, the passes were bouncing in front of wide open receivers. There is no way I can dismiss that game as simply the team didn't care, after being screwed out of the Rose Bowl. The opponent had a pathetic defense and Aaron Rodgers made them look damn good.

I had already began to sour on Rodgers before that game, when I examined his background more closely and after twice witnessing him in person, thrilled to throw dinky passes instead of going downfield. But that bowl game clinched it for me. Drafting Aaron Rodgers will sink Nick Saban's NFL career, just as backing the previous regime's confidence in "crank it up" Timmy Couch ruined Butch Davis.

Who do I WANT the Phins to draft the most?

Ronnie Brown

Who could I ACCEPT if they drafted them?

Alex Smith, Cedric Benson or Braylon Edwards (Braylon to a lesser degree)

Who do I NOT want the Phins to draft?

Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson and Rodgers.

unifiedtheory said:
Who do I WANT the Phins to draft the most?

Ronnie Brown

Who could I ACCEPT if they drafted them?

Alex Smith, Cedric Benson or Braylon Edwards (Braylon to a lesser degree)

Who do I NOT want the Phins to draft?

Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson and Rodgers.

Where does Caddy fit in your players, and why do you all not list him at all, for all we know he has just as good of a chance than the players you listed.

knight6jb said:
Where does Caddy fit in your players, and why do you all not list him at all, for all we know he has just as good of a chance than the players you listed.

LOL...opps....forgot Caddy.

I put him in the "accept" category. I like him and think he can do some great things. I just have concerns over his size and "all around" ability.

I think he'd be a great fit in the offense that Linehan runs though.

unifiedtheory said:
LOL...opps....forgot Caddy.

I put him in the "accept" category. I like him and think he can do some great things. I just have concerns over his size and "all around" ability.

I think he'd be a great fit in the offense that Linehan runs though.

I completely agree with that. but the size thing, He weighed in @217lbs at the combine, thats plenty of weight for a RB. I believe his running ability is better than Brown or Benson, but I will agree Brown has the better hands and blocking and that is why everyone is falling in love with Brown.

Well I certainly wouldn't want us to get Derrick Rodgers, I'll tell you THAT!!! But I'd have to say Derrick Johnson. Out of all those mentioned, I think #2 would be too high to get him.

Back
Top Bottom