Which would you prefer..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which would you prefer.....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
1. Trading for Moss (giving up only Madison, Ogunleye, and our 3rd) and having our line consist of draft picks and last year's leftovers

or

2. Signing Woody and/or James and/or Tait and signing a moderately price FA WR or drafting one with our 1st pick.

the latter - we need OLmen or else all else do not matter

Moss isnt getting traded so I say number 2, could you imagine the back lash if the Vikings trade Moss. Plus the vikes owner loves moss

plan B. it all starts up front. and i'm into WR michael jenkins. tall. had a not-so-accurate QB throwing to him and simply made the plays.

We can accomplish both. That's not a fair question because by trading for Moss we actually free up some money.

Why is it either/or? Moss has an 8 year back loaded contract and is scheduled to make 5 mill this year and 5.75 next year. You've got 1.8 from Ogunleye's RFA tender & the knowledge you don't have to pay for Madison's big salary next year & chambers new big FA salary.
Contracts for the OL can have guaranteed bonus money from next year like ZT's contract.

moss

i love Moss and he would be great, but do we have a QB who can throw the longball to him. Thats what Moss's specialty is catching the bomb and we dont' have a QB who can throw it.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
We can accomplish both. That's not a fair question because by trading for Moss we actually free up some money.

WHAT?!?!?!

Please explain this.

moss would be great at certain aspects of the game, but would he block on every running play? might be nit-picky, but if the team can draft somebody who can block and is enthusiastic about it and frees up space for chambers...

#2: Woody, another OL, Reggie Williams/Rashaun Woods, and Vernon Carey/Jake Grove

Maybe Chris Cole at KR or a vet WR like Streets, Dyson, or White.

Sam Madison's base pay this year is higher then Moss'. Also, Feeley seems pretty confident in his arm and from what I can remember he throws a long ball.

Moss isn't coming to Miami....Nice pipe dream though....

With the loss of RT T. Wade, the OL is much more important right now IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom