Which Would You Rather Have/Next draft address our future QB needs just like Jags | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Would You Rather Have/Next draft address our future QB needs just like Jags

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Which Would You Rather Have

Boy this topic should get some interesting discussion. Do we take on Griese as a backup this year or do we go with a vet QB and spend our 1st rounder next year on one of these guys.

/me sits back and watches the battle :tongue:

Well just because the Fins sign Griese(most likely 1 year deal) doesn't mean he will be back.Griese wants a 1 year deal and I'll prefer drafting a QB.

Depends on how Sage progresses, how Jay does this year, and how long Brian stays (if he comes)... too many intangibles at this point....

That QB from Arizona State intrigues me. I may have to follow up on him during the season and see how he does......

How about Griese this year, Brunell next year?

Brunell has been given official word in Jax...after 2003, he's a goner.

A 1st round draft pick QB should not be given the start in his first year, no matter what.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
How about Griese this year, Brunell next year?

Brunell has been given official word in Jax...after 2003, he's a goner.

A 1st round draft pick QB should not be given the start in his first year, no matter what.

I think it's time for Miami to look for a young stud prospect to be franchise QB.Mark Brunnell hasn't been himself last two years but offensive lines were horrible(decent last season until inuries).

Griese is most probably going to be the best veteran QB available as of June 1st so we sign him if we can. Then since we will have a good year, next year's 1st round pick will be too low to get a great QB unless we luck out. IMO that's the most probable scenario. With that said, WharfRat is right it's much too early unless you can predict the future. :cointoss:

If we sign Griese to a 1 year contract... Next year Fiedler is gone and Griese will have 1 year under Norv Turners' offense and I believe Miami should resign him and pay him starters money...Griese is what.. llike 26?? Next year he'd be 27 and thats still young.. We got Fiedler when he was 27 as well... So thats the way to go according to me.. Stick with Griese who had a full year so to speak to learn the offense and take over when Fiedler is let go..

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by Bazinet37
That QB from Arizona State intrigues me. I may have to follow up on him during the season and see how he does......

You play for ASU Baz?.....

Re: Which Would You Rather Have

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Boy this topic should get some interesting discussion. Do we take on Griese as a backup this year or do we go with a vet QB and spend our 1st rounder next year on one of these guys.

/me sits back and watches the battle :tongue:

Hey Prisco wrote that article. :barf:

Griese wil be turning 29 0r 30 by 2004(Not sure)....

win it all in 2003 s/b our motto - sign Griese please

Next draft we should address our future quarterback needs just like the Jaguars.

I think the Jaguars had a good Pick by drafting Byron Leftwich as their Future Quarterback to replace aging Mark Brunnell. We should really be thinking with this mind set coming into the 2004 draft. Either by trading up for a valuable passer or by snagging a future prospect that has the abilities of a top 5 qb coming out of college. Keeping in mind that Fiedler might not be with us for a long time.

Not bashing on fiedler while from a pesonal standpoint of view as a miami dolphins fan I have seen too many poorly thrown passes caught by many of our athletic receivers. His arm strengh isn't there but he has good field management skills. Even if Jay Fiedler has a productive season in Miami, our draft needs will still be a Quarterback. We can't rely on veterans anymore, there is a lot of young promising talent coming up and thus it should be one of our main priorities.

I agree. That should be our focus. Next year either Fiedler or Griese will be gone (assuming Griese signs) and Sage should be able to assume the backup role. We should be in the market for a developmental type. Apparently we had Henson rated highly on our draft board but had info that he definately would stick with baseball. Maybe we'll make a run at him next year. With his time away from football he'll probably have to sit for a year or two but he certainly has the ability to become a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom