Which Would You Rather Have/Next draft address our future QB needs just like Jags | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Would You Rather Have/Next draft address our future QB needs just like Jags

That is the point of bringing in Griese, the future.

Originally posted by inFINSible

You play for ASU Baz?.....

No, I play for UNM. I meant I was gonna keep an eye on his stats and see what his deal is. He has ideal size and seems to have a strong arm. Very interesting.......

I just checked on NFL.com and Fiedler was born in 71, Griese was born in 75. So if we did sign Griese this offseason we would have about 4 years to work at getting another QB (assuming we managed to sign him for 4+ years). This would give us some options in that if a QB slipped to us in the 1st round we could take him, if not then we could take whatever else we need.

Also if Sage progresses then we might even be able to hold off a little longer.

If you guys complaint about Fiedler arm strength which is not bad than you will be complaining about Griese which is worst than Fiedler.He is not a leader as Fiedler and look for Fiedler to have a break out year.Fiedler has intangibles that Griese lacks.I think Fiedler could end up finishing his contract with the Fins and Dolphins drafting a QB next year to be his replacement.Most of you guy overate Griese and he is no better than Fiedler.There too much talent in next year QB class to pass up drafting a QB.If Fiedler doesn't take the next step,I rather cut Fiedler and sign Brunell for a couple of years and have rookie learn from Brunell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick David Greene from Georgia next year. The BEST play action quarterback in college football. I'm not kidding, check out som egames this year and watch how he handles the ball. Play action and Ricky... nice.

Yeah, what minus said! Griese is way overrated! If you get cut with McCaffery and Rod Smith as receivers, you probably are doing something very wrong!

Hey, I am new here and I just wanted to say that I went to High School with Ben Roethlisberger at Findlay High School. And he can play some ball. He is big guy with a lot of mobility and hell of arm he took the school the closest its ever been to a state championship. I think he could be pick up.

Roethlisberger is supposedly a first round prospect if he comes out next year. I heard he was very good.

yeah, he was really good in high school. Quick release, good arm and accurate. He is good size for a QB too and had good moblity atleast in high school. He look real good in the games he played against BG where I go to school.

If Greise can come in & win the job, they will have turned back the qb clock by three years & will not be looking for a qb anytime soon. Think about it, if Jay does a bang up job they won't be looking at a qb next year, no way. More so if Greise can win the job. Now if they both suck out, which is a possibility, then Miami should draft E. Manning someway, some how!

McKnight will probably be cut next year so look for..

Roy Williams - gotta trade up ; unlikely
Reggie Williams - gotta trade up ; unlikely
Rashaun Woods
Larry Fitzgerald
Lee Evens
Michael Jenkins
BJ Johnson
Darius Watts

To be Miami's top draft choice next year..

Unless we sign Kevin Johnson, Dez White, Darrell Jackson or someone..

Originally posted by ckparrothead
How about Griese this year, Brunell next year?

Brunell has been given official word in Jax...after 2003, he's a goner.

A 1st round draft pick QB should not be given the start in his first year, no matter what.

i'm a staunch fiedler supporter, but even i can get behind mark brunell...he's a winner. stuck on a bad team who took their shot, then were forced to unload expensive vets

Umm look if Fiedler succeeds this year, he will be kept with a re-structure(depending on our cap situation). Why would you cut him at 32 next season? QBs can go up to 35 without losing skills with a good line.

Griese is not that much of an upgrade. By the way his arm is slightly stronger.

Draft a guy in the late 1st. Hmmm I wonder what happened last time?

I was thinking about this and did a bit of digging around.
If we are worried by Jay missing games in 2 of his 3 seasons here (14.6% missed starts) then it should be pointed out that Griese has never played a full season and has not started almost 19% of the regular season games since he became a starter.
Also I think we are going about looking for our QB of the future the right way - sure if a really good prospect falls to us in the 1st round take him but we shouldn't singlemindedly go after a QB in the 1st round next year. Of the starters as of the beginning of last season, 6 were no. 1 picks and a further 5 were top 10 picks. After that there is a big drop off - only 1 QB selected later in the 1st round started the season (2 others Maddox & Pennington finished it as starters) compared to 5 2nd rounders and 9 who were drafted in the 6th round or later (inc undrafted).
The point being that outside of the top ten it really is a crapshoot and since I don't think we'll be able to trade into the top ten it seems as good a bet to get a later round project as a 1st rounder

Originally posted by Jaj
Umm look if Fiedler succeeds this year, he will be kept with a re-structure(depending on our cap situation). Why would you cut him at 32 next season? QBs can go up to 35 without losing skills with a good line.

Griese is not that much of an upgrade. By the way his arm is slightly stronger.

Draft a guy in the late 1st. Hmmm I wonder what happened last time?

Griese arm strength better nope...Griese arm strenght is worst than Fiedler just look at Games tapes.Fiedler can put more zip on passes than Griese can.Anyways I still like the idea of drafting QB next year but if Fiedler takes it up to next level then that might allow Fins to go WR in first round(but I'll still like QB first round especially since we dont have 2nd round pick.).

Back
Top Bottom