Which WR is this a description of?

TeeMoney

Kid A
Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a quote from the press conference (Spielman):

Q: What are you looking for in a WR-

"We’re looking at a guy that can come in and do a lot of things. He can play outside or he can play inside. He should be able to contribute on the underneath stuff, but also have some run after the catch ability, and have ability to make some big plays for us at offense. Probably what everybody's looking for."

I think it is Lee Evans- from what I've read (yeah, I know I'm going out on a limb there :tongue: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an edjamacated guess. Does he have any PR or KR experience? Miami picked up Wilkens not too long ago but I think that is an area of desperate need and I'm not sure you can just plug guys in there (ie, the past years for the dolphins).

I never coinsidered him possibly returning kicks. That sure is an area that we have been horrible at for years. I think if we got him, they will give him a shot, i know i definatley would.

You think they might be afraid that he might get injured??

Hopefully wilkens can come in and produce either way.

Chris Chambers can do all of those thing. and i would love to move CC inside on 3rd and 2nd and long . to run crossing routes, deep IN and match up aganist nickle CB

Hope the fins can find a 3 wr to play the outside, R. WOODS wouldn't be to bad but not at the 20 pick in the draft

Back to the Q.yes this do sound like L.EVANS

The reports I've read on Evans mention that he is a good receiver over the middle and speedy with good instincts after the catch. I just figure, with the offense not really going 3 wide (with so many weapons in the base set), that if a WR is taken, he'd have to contribute on special teams- to make him viable as active on game days (to overcome the other veteran receivers).

If we got Evans, he could fill those needs. He has returned punts and kicks, is more of a natural slot reciever, but has excellent speed and runs routes well. But I understand that Minnis has bulked up a little and has returned kicks and punts. Also, we signed Wilkens with that in mind anyways...But, I always thought that Minor returned kicks well when Westhoff was here ?? Anyone else think that way??

Dave has said that he likes to keep Konrad in because it forces the defense to keep a linebacker in.

Considering that comment and the likes of Randy McMichael and a impressive young Donald Lee and I kind of wonder why in the hell we would waste the 20 pick on a WR.

Expecting another coach in 2005? :lol:

Expecting not to sign Chambers? :(

When Westhoff was there. Miami hasn't had a PR or KR for TD in a long time... Minor is ok, but in all the returns I've seen... I can't recall a time where I held my breath thinking he could break it, 'cause I knew he couldn't.

Zod, I think it comes down to BPA at pick #20. Rick has selected BPA as WR in the past with Detroit, even when he had 2 good WR's starting. Miami has weapons with McMichael and Konrad, but I don't think Miami has a good #3 receiver with the speed to threaten and open up the Defense. Miami also needs a KR/PR badly. This is a great year for WR and Miami can possibly pick up a top 10 pick WR at 20 because of the depth at that position.

Back
Top Bottom