While We're waiting, here's a question. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While We're waiting, here's a question.

This is really simple. First of all begin with common courtesy and respect. Buying a ticket does not give you the "right" to do anything but get into the venue and see the event from your assigned location.

Nothing gives you the right to inflict your will and preference on everyone around you. You are not priviledged to decide who stands and who sits because of your own personal prefernece. In the event that it is a sporting event, standing and cheering is of course expected. But when you stand to the point you are interfering with other peoples ability to view the event, then you have to respect their right to see what they paid for.

Bottom line is if you work together you both can see. If you are a self righteous prick, only you can see.

A little more respect for everyone around you in all settings, events, shopping, highways would make this world a better place.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Stay at home and watch it on tv if you're gonna sit down

Im with you CW if your not exited and pumped for every play please allow a real fan to go and cheer there a$$ off. I had a guy try and physically sit me down didnt work seeing as I was twice his size. I explain to him he wasnt to touch me or suffer hositalization and we had an understanding and he switched kindly left to sit somewhere else.

At an Ozzy concert I will not only stand the whole time, I will stand on my chair and will not get down till he does Paranoid.

Ozzy rules!!

Actually as far as fans go we have one of the weakest contingencies at the stadium. Do you ever see Jets Fans or Raiders Fans or Redskind fans sitting? Even the Jaguars fans are louder than us and they are what 4-12 that is the only complaint about Dolphin fans we arent loud at all on third down. I cant remember the last time a QB had to call time out on third down cause the recievers couldnt hear the audibles. The fans in the Endzones do a pretty good job but where i sit on the 50 its really a bunch a spectactors instead of fans.

or any down for that matter occasionally if we are down in the 4th and really need a stop the PPS gets loud but its needed all game not just one big play.

Originally posted by jbond
if you can't see cuz everyone in front is standing....you stand! Other then that, stand when something "good" happens and still try to show respect for others who have paid to see the event.

Pefectly well said.

Is used to get a lot louder at the orange bowl. The seats are a not as close now.

Ozzy rules!!

I'm kind of a sheep about these things. If the people in front of me stand, I stand. If not, I sit. I might stand and applaud a big play after it's over, which I think that's fine. Of course, in Buffalo, this makes me an easy target for snowballs, but oh well. (So does the aqua colored jacket, which stands out like a sore thumb)

I once had a crotchety old drunk sitting BESIDE me who was upset about me standing up once, despite the fact that pretty much everyone else was too. Thankfully, he left during the fourth quarter.

Back
Top Bottom