While We're waiting, here's a question. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

While We're waiting, here's a question.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Does the same go for concerts?

generally speaking, I would assume so. Unless of course you're in general admission and standing is the only option sometimes :) I don't know what the big deal is, it's just a matter of you enjoying it while realizing the world doesn't focus on the fact that you paid $35+ (and forget the other 20-70,000 fans depending on the event) and to just show a little common courtesy and respect for others while still having fun.

Originally posted by jbond

Thanks for your opinion, you know what you can do with it. I enjoy going and jumping up and down and high-fiving people I don't know but there is a difference between acting like an arrogant ignorant prick and a normal civilized fan cheering for their team while still respecting the people around you.
I'm not saying stand the whole entire game...but when you stand up to cheer a play and the dip**** behind you tells you to sitdown, just ignore him:)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
I'm not saying stand the whole entire game...but when you stand up to cheer a play and the dip**** behind you tells you to sitdown, just ignore him:)

Exactly! And I would advocate that anyone who wants to complain when the whole stadium is basically on its feet at a key play....they should keep quiet, go inside, or like you said stay home. At the same time, the other people around you still need to be respectfull for your right to 'cheer' and high five all the fans around you etc. when something great happens while realizing you are still respecting their "rights" the other 95% of the game. I've been behind those little ---- (well I won't generalize here) and that's all you can do....ignore em. Some people just can't compromise or be respectfull at all. Whether it's the idiot with the 2 foot hat on that stands the whole game or the idiot behind you who thinks they're at a church service. It's a matter of moderation and fun in my opinion.

In the immortal words of Rodney King (ha)'....can't we all just get along'....?

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Aah, NOW I know how all those fights get started!! :D

I stand when something good happens or is about to happen. After that, usually follow the crowd as most will sit down afterwards.

But in general, just because you paid your admission doesn't give you the right to be an a-hole, just be respectful to others. Who knows, the next game their may be a bigger a-hole then you sitting in front.

and we've all seen the guy who stands constantly for everything and is annoying people behind him and what does he continue to do? Stand even more just to piss those people off even more.....then everything starts escalating to people throwing food and beer and fists....

Originally posted by jbond
and we've all seen the guy who stands constantly for everything and is annoying people behind him and what does he continue to do? Stand even more just to piss those people off even more.....then everything starts escalating to people throwing food and beer and fists....

Now Now there is no need to bring up that incident with Circle, it took him weeks to get the mustard out. :lol:

I'd say this is fairly easy. Everyone is allowed to stand and cheer when something important happens.

The irritating part is when people stand the entire game just because they think it makes them super-fan. Some of us have kids and bring women with us who would like to sit from time to time.

(For Super-fan: Woman: The female of the species that you may see from time to time during a commercial).

If you want to stand the entire game, buy a seat against the wall or at the top of the staduim where you can service yourself in privacy.

You sit down...you paid for a seat to sit down and watch the game, or else you wouldve paid just for a space to stand up....and its just not fair for handicap people who arent able to stand up.

I think i already said this last year when this "issue" came up.

The ticket one buys is for a SEAT, not a STAND !! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom