White WR in NFL ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

White WR in NFL ?

abNORMal said:
Sorry did not mean to bash, maybe I should have said pointless instead of stupid....What is a valid reason for wanting to know who the white wr's are in the NFL? The only reason I can think of is that someone in harboring racist thoughts and please correct me if I am wrong, I hate having a jaded view of society...

So would wondering about how many black head coaches there are be racist too?

white WRs being named and I didn't see the name of Dolphins great Howard Twilley who had some of the best hands ever. He was part of a lethal combo at Tulsa before that with QB Jerry Rhome.
white CBs? Trent Gamble played CB at Wyoming before joining the Dolphins. We only played him in nickel and dime packages, but at times he was lined up as a slot corner.
Going back to the Dolphins of the 70s, starter for the 17-0 team, Tim Foley, who later got rich in Amway. :)

There are no white Cb's. the last 1 was jason Sehorn and hes like the only 1 in the last 20 years. All the white guys are playing qb, Line and LB
and TE , saftey and fullback

silverloop13 said:
So would wondering about how many black head coaches there are be racist too?

Why would you wonder about or even care how many black head coaches there are????

Again, I am sorry for bashing this thread, but I do take offense to racism whether it be overt or covert. This thread is very close to being racist. And to be a racist or to harbor racist thoughts is a form of ignorance. I see the humor in some of your posts here (Contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humor). And I do acknowledge the ability of humor to allow us to discuss topics that may be of a sensitive nature and to have us laughing instead of getting upset. I just don't like it when people are stereotyped, because that implies limits on what they can achieve. Finally, I would encourage all of you to seek out friendships with people of all races, religions, national origins and ethnic backgrounds because it will enrich your lives tremendously!!! I am truly blessed to count many people from many backgrounds among my friends and it is amazing how much I have learned about myself from knowing them...OKAY I will get off of my soapbox now!!

Let's name white ping pong champions!!!!:lol:

abNORMal said:
Why would you wonder about or even care how many black head coaches there are????

Again, I am sorry for bashing this thread, but I do take offense to racism whether it be overt or covert. This thread is very close to being racist. And to be a racist or to harbor racist thoughts is a form of ignorance. I see the humor in some of your posts here (Contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humor). And I do acknowledge the ability of humor to allow us to discuss topics that may be of a sensitive nature and to have us laughing instead of getting upset. I just don't like it when people are stereotyped, because that implies limits on what they can achieve. Finally, I would encourage all of you to seek out friendships with people of all races, religions, national origins and ethnic backgrounds because it will enrich your lives tremendously!!! I am truly blessed to count many people from many backgrounds among my friends and it is amazing how much I have learned about myself from knowing them...OKAY I will get off of my soapbox now!!

It's not being rascist when you notice that there aren't many white Wr's in the NFL. Point is, it is becoming more and more rare seeing white Wr's in this league and its something that anyone will notice just like there are not many black head coaches. This doesn't mean that white people can't play wr or black people can't coach football, there just isn't many out there. I see no attempt of rascism at all in this thread.

abNORMal said:

I agree, diversity really helps you grow as an individual. I have learned a lot from my Asian Indain co-workers on their beliefs and how they veiw the world from their culture, couple that will all the other nationalites I have worked with and it really does give you an open mind. Infact if it truely opens your mind then questions like this would not bother you.

Every race/nationality looks to research their roots or where they come from and try to educate themselves on the greats that once were. I see no racism in this thread at all. It was all out of genuine curiosity in my opinion.

Did I miss a derogatory statement? If so then, that would be in violation of the ToS, no?

to clear your opinion, I have posted this thread only because I'am european (if you have only read my sign) and new in nfl world and I have just remark that there are not many white WR it's just simple, absolutly no racism here ok and just for example if you have posted me a question about soccer player because who live in country without many information about this sport, I have welcome reply to you.

it is clear now ?

I appreciate you all for your insightful comments, you have helped me to grow a little bit more and for that I am grateful...

abNORMal said:
I appreciate you all for your insightful comments, you have helped me to grow a little bit more and for that I am grateful...

And I appreciate your point of view as well. Thank you for your input. We are all on the same side... Now lets GO FINS! :D

How about female right tackles? Go!

Seriously though, this is an interesting thread. I've been downloading and watching some of the older game torrents. The percentage of white players in the league has dropped dramatically, and it's so obvious when you watch an early 80's game right next to an '04 game that it makes you start asking these kinds of questions.

Was there some kind of racism going on in the league or in drafting? Less black men in college in the 70's and 80's than now? Less opportunities for the one's that were there to get involved with school sports?

And why the predominately black league now? Are there actual physiological differences between races that give some more potential for athleticism? Or is it actually a social opposite from before: black kids pushed into sports or expected to excel in them? Or maybe we really just can't jump?

Back
Top Bottom