Who are the best 10 linebackers to ever play the game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are the best 10 linebackers to ever play the game?

One thing Romo has in his corner.....he has never missed a game in 15 years.

I think taht says a lot about his passion and desire and love for the game!

I would love to add a LB like A.J Duewie I think thats how you spell
it or Nick Boniconti I'm not sure if thats right either but you get the point great Dolphin LB to the mix.Just being bias.

Originally posted by Muck

But the argument for a few more years of high play is still very valid.

That's basically my point. No doubt Lewis will be on that list when he retires be he still has to put a couple of solid years. He entered the league in what, 1998 ? He still is pretty young to be considered one of the best ever. His play for those years has been right there with the best, but some of those other linebackers have done it on a 12+ years period.

Can Ricky Williams be compare to Barry sanders because he had one the best year ever by a running back last year ? He will have to show he can do that for another 4-5 years...

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Can Ricky Williams be compare to Barry sanders because he had one the best year ever by a running back last year ? He will have to show he can do that for another 4-5 years...

Yeah, because he's a Dolphin, and we are biased.:D

Originally posted by ScrappyDew

Yeah, because he's a Dolphin, and we are biased.:D

:D

But this is exactly why making a top 10 list is always difficult.

We are biased towards a team and towards an era...

How do you want me to make a top 10 list when I've been watching football for only 12-15 years ?

Derrick Thomas should make the list.

A bit of a stretch, but I'd throw Sam Mills in there too.

Hey Rickykick just so you know its A J Duhe, I'll never forget the payoff game against the jets we won 14-0 because of him

Dick Butkus
Mike Singletary
Ray Nitschke
Jack Lambert
Ted Hendricks
Lawrance Taylor
Junior Seau
Willie Lanier
Jack Ham

On the Bubble or close, but can make an argument for:

Nick Buoniconti
Sam Huff
Ray Lewis
Junior Seau

(sorry Zach, but we need about 4-5 more years of dominance before we can even put you on the bubble list)

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention a linebacker that played great for a long time just like his brother. Clay Mathews was a great linebackers just like Bruce is one of the best o-linemen ever. Harry Carson was pretty good too and I'm sure that I'm forgeting a couple of good ones from Dallas and the broncos too.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom