Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

The whole "Bama Qbs have never succeeded in the NFL" holds zero weight with anyone. Lot of Texas Tech QBs playing in the league before Mahomes? Stanford QBs before Luck? Miami of Ohio QBs before Big Ben?

Now if he was playing in an air raid type offense then you could MAYBE make an argument but Mahomes came from that throwing damn near 70 times in certain games.

Difference being...Alabama’s overall team talent is superior almost every game they play than their opponents... this is not the NFL playing on a level field...college football is very lopsided with gross mismatches from week to week.

Your really going to compare Texas Tech, Miami of Ohio or even Stanford to Alabama?...Particullary in the Saban era?

They win national championships with QB’s who can’t even get a backup job in the NFL.

That argument holds no water...Tua is a good prospect... he is not a John Elway or Andrew Luck prospect....he is not a Trevor Lawrence level prospect.

Interestingly, I think I just figured out what the best trait is of Kyler Murray. It’s not his legs, although he’s a crazy-smart and good runner. It’s not his arm talent, which is insane.

It’s his vision.

Dude recognizes blitzes all the damn time. And his read/react time when his protection is breaking down is completely insane. If you hated Ryan Tannehill, you should love Kyler Murray.

We still need draft QB this yr. If not Murry.. it could be fly on 3rd Rd or4 the Rd. We got take chances. That what have kill us in past.. competition at every position.

As I’ve said for months, Matt Miller said the same on today’s podcast; Haskins is going to blow people away in the interview process. If you don’t like Haskins, you better keep Marino/Flores/Grier away from him in Indy.

As I’ve said for months, Matt Miller said the same on today’s podcast; Haskins is going to blow people away in the interview process. If you don’t like Haskins, you better keep Marino/Flores/Grier away from him in Indy.
one of these qb in 2019 draft class is going be good you just got pick right one.

I just did 4 tapes of Murray and literally the only criticism I came away with was on the option he could press the los more prior to the pitch.

That’s it. And I see no evidence of drops the eye level. When he runs it’s either qb designed or after he stood in the pocket for what I feel is an accurate amount of time.

It feels like a highlight reel when I watch these actual play by play game tapes. Silly really

I don’t think I saw him sacked one time either.

There’s just no damn way I believe he makes it to pick 13.

I just did 4 tapes of Murray and literally the only criticism I came away with was on the option he could press the los more prior to the pitch.

That’s it. And I see no evidence of drops the eye level. When he runs it’s either qb designed or after he stood in the pocket for what I feel is an accurate amount of time.

It feels like a highlight reel when I watch these actual play by play game tapes. Silly really

I don’t think I saw him sacked one time either.
so what do u think of Grier Wva. he look just as good as top 3 qb last yr.

so what do u think of Grier Wva. he look just as good as top 3 qb last yr.

I think he’s very wreckless with the ball. Senior bowl I saw a guy who just threw it up there. I’d expect a lot of fair catch ints in his future. I outright pass

Thinks he has more arm than he does. I’m not even sure he has an nfl arm

Last edited:
I’m gonna go Murray as obvious option one and Haskins as option two. Something with upside and an unknown factor to it.

After that it’s wait for tua in 2020 and hope tbe football gods put us in position to get him. Which means probably won’t

I’m gonna amend this after doing 6 tapes of each.

It’s Murray or 20 for me

I think he’s very wreckless with the ball. Senior bowl I saw a guy who just threw it up there. I’d expect a lot of fair catch ints in his future. I outright pass

Thinks he has more arm than he does
thank

Drives me nuts. That and “Don’t draft position X from school Y. “

Although the "Don't draft a QB from USC" has turned out to be only very slightly less true than "Never get involved in a land war in Asia".

fMn8qV

#1 MURRAY --- Able to have both of these QBs on roster this year. If we get Murray though, I would probably skip picking up Fitz. Ride whoever you want until Murray is ready. The kid is dynamic. His style of game seems like its fits a fast moving Miami theme. I could see our Patriots WR coach turned OC, being able to utilize this guy, getting him and our WRs in space. His lack of college play time is concerning to me, probably more than his height.

#2 FITZMAGIC ---Veteran who can make it fun and light up some scoreboards. Will be mixed with really bad games probably. But I like the guy and what he brings to a team. I'm not sure how he would perform in a Patriots style offense (if we run that), but it is interesting what he did to DJackson's career. Many thought he was done and over the hill. Before the back and forth swapping the coaches were during with Fitz and Winston, Fitz and Jackson were on a tear together. To me he is an upgrade over Tannehill and knows he is not the long term solution for a team. He readily admits he is just enjoying the ride as long as he can at this point. So drafting a QB will be expected with him. Problem for Fitz, if we get a guy like Murray, is that he will be looking over his shoulder once again. Won't have the full confidence of the fans/coaches to run it all season. If we draft a QB in the later rounds, he will have a lot more leash to just rip it. Won't happen, but riding Fitz to Trevor Lawrence would be all right. 2 years is an eternity in this league though.

Back
Top Bottom