Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

Manning

Scout Team
Reaction score
who do you guys want to see as our starting QB this year? List as many REALISTIC options as you want. I know many are on the Tank for Tua bandwagon. I'm sure not. I don't think he is a can't miss prospect to where you intentionally sacrifice a full year for.
My top 3 options are:

Carr
Rosen
Murray

I'd be very happy to see any of these guys under center this year and I feel they can realistically be had

Whoever our current #2 is, then Herbert in 2020...or really stink it up for a few years and get Trevor when he comes out. Not impressed with 2019's stable...unless we catch a filler after the 2nd round.

Carr if not to pricey,R.Finley is my sleeper.Good game manager,accurate,smart and has great pocket presence
only knock is average arm strength.

I'd like to see Teddy Bridgewater come home and re-establish himself as a Franchise QB. He really has the leadership qualities that Flores seems to covet. While there are concerns over the severity of the injury he sustained while in Minnesota, he might be a realistic option that could come a price more suitable to our cap rebuild based on his medical profile. Not sure how old he is right off the top of my head but think he's 27. That's fairly young, could allow some flexibility grooming QB for while vs. throwing a rookie QB in the fire.

Joey, when Brady was a rookie he didn't have a great arm, it can be developed a little, but he had the brains with good intangibles which can be developed a ton with the right coaching. Finley's was a guy people were talking about, probably would be jag, but get the chance to lead here to get that 2020 or 2021 QB of future, then be a nice backup with decent experience. Good call bro!

If we're tanking (or trying to tank), then I see Jacoby Brisset as a strong candidate to be our starter next year.

Joey, when Brady was a rookie he didn't have a great arm, it can be developed a little, but he had the brains with good intangibles which can be developed a ton with the right coaching. Finley's was a guy people were talking about, probably would be jag, but get the chance to lead here to get that 2020 or 2021 QB of future, then be a nice backup with decent experience. Good call bro!
I would disagree about Brady's arm strength. It was NFL caliber (not top end).

His delivery was glacial, and mechanics were bad. Those problems can be corrected.

Lack of arm strength, not so much.

If we're tanking (or trying to tank), then I see Jacoby Brisset as a strong candidate to be our starter next year.
That would be in my list of least favorite guys with Osweiler. Specially since we would have to waiste a draft pick on him

Ryan Tannehill as the starter with the best draft pick we can get on the bench (even if we have to wait a round or two).

It doesn't matter if we win next year so let the kid develop the way they should. 2020 if Tannehill is ready to be replaced we start the second year player. if we cant get a good pick this year we draft at the top of next years draft class after Tannehill doesnt succeed in 2019. Tannehill still starts the first year of the draft picks career.

Ultimately Tannehill is the only QB i want starting if we don't have a franchise QB replacement. and if its a first year player i want him to hold a clipboard for a year....... like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady did.

Ryan Tannehill as the starter with the best draft pick we can get on the bench (even if we have to wait a round or two).

It doesn't matter if we win next year so let the kid develop the way they should. 2020 if Tannehill is ready to be replaced we start the second year player. if we cant get a good pick this year we draft at the top of next years draft class after Tannehill doesnt succeed in 2019. Tannehill still starts the first year of the draft picks career.

Ultimately Tannehill is the only QB i want starting if we don't have a franchise QB replacement. and if its a first year player i want him to hold a clipboard for a year....... like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady did.
You, sir, are going to get hate mail...lol

I don't have a big problem with your outline, in theory.

In practice, however, I have to doubt RTs heart would be in it. That's a morale killer, right off the bat.

Now, if RT restructured with the understanding that his future is that of a backup?

Back
Top Bottom