Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

If you believe arm strength can be developed and Football IQ is paramount than Daniel Jones from Duke is literally the only QB on the board. I've never heard of or seen a David Cutcliffe QB test bad at the whiteboard.

Gus Frerotte

Last edited:
If Murray falls to us I would take a chance. If not, one of the clip-board holders will be fine.

Ideally Kyler Murray falls in our lap. However, the Draft occurs after Free Agency, so we can't just bank on getting lucky with Murray. I see us picking up an experienced veteran but I don't think that we spend mega-bucks to get Nick Foles. The QB who I would target in FA is Teddy Bridgewater. Maybe even Jacoby Brissett. Both are probably interim scenarios. I would place a bigger priority on finding the D-line player who can make a difference - eg Trey Flowers who is a free agent from the Patriots. He will command big $, but Coach Flores needs a top D-lineman who he can trust.

Ideally Kyler Murray falls in our lap. However, the Draft occurs after Free Agency, so we can't just bank on getting lucky with Murray. I see us picking up an experienced veteran but I don't think that we spend mega-bucks to get Nick Foles. The QB who I would target in FA is Teddy Bridgewater. Maybe even Jacoby Brissett. Both are probably interim scenarios. I would place a bigger priority on finding the D-line player who can make a difference - eg Trey Flowers who is a free agent from the Patriots. He will command big $, but Coach Flores needs a top D-lineman who he can trust.
Brissett isn't a FA. We would have to trade for him

I don't see us spending the kind of $ it would take to get Bridgewater, or Flowers this season. Both will want multi year deals with big up front money.

I believe we are at least a year, and probably two from that type of high priced signing.

Carr is good but seems injury prone.

I don’t think Rosen is available.

I would like to get either Murray, Haskins or Lock in round one.

I like Jarrett Stidham or Daniel Jones in the 2nd.

No draft capital for free agents.

Tannehill would most likely get us 7-9 wins and undermine everything we are hoping to accomplish this upcoming year.

I am all in for Faulk and Fales even if we draft Murray. Let Murray sit for the 1st 8 games and then work him into the gameplan the 2nd half of the season.

they all work. u need good oc and qb.
Carr
Rosen
Murray
Grier
locke

I'm on the Tank bandwagon in hopes of securing a top echelon QB in 2020.

Personally, there is only one high talent QB I see in the 2019 class, and he has too many red flags for me, and it's Kyler Murray. Not a good fit for our new scheme. Lots of reasons why, but that's not the focus of this thread, so I'll skip them here.

Of the veteran QB's who might be available, I fully believe that Derek Carr is the best talent, and if he were available, I'd be tempted. But reality is that he'll cost a great deal, and that's the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish with this tank.

Since I'm a proponent of tanking, I'm looking to spend zero resources on a QB for 2019 … and I definitely do not want one that will drag us to 8 wins on sheer force of will … that would be complete disaster. So for 2019 … journeyman please. Preferably a good guy who people like but isn't good enough to win. That's the Curtis Painter type needed to tank.

In 2020, My preferences would be 1. Jake Fromm, 2. Tua Tagliaviola (sp?), and 3. …. well maybe Justin Herbert, but he still has a long way to go in his development and probably has the highest upside. There are several other QB's out there who might jump into that top 3 by then as well.

Back
Top Bottom