Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

taxi.latka_gravas.jpg

Tank youvedymuch...

Murray
Haskins
Jake Roduck who I actually don’t think will be that bad. Probably not bad enough.

Me. I guarantee we don't win many if any ..i would come cheap league minimum .. I can throw 20 yards and do bubble screens all day (maybe) then draft best in 2020

I say roll with what we have for now ..draft trenches and QB next year .

Dan Marino. Seriously. With the rules now, I kid you not I bet he could be effective. I’m sure his field vision and release and pocket awareness are still better than anyone we’ve had in 20 years and you can’t touch the QB. Shake things up - you’ll fill the seats that’s for sure.

I'd like to see Teddy Bridgewater come home and re-establish himself as a Franchise QB. He really has the leadership qualities that Flores seems to covet. While there are concerns over the severity of the injury he sustained while in Minnesota, he might be a realistic option that could come a price more suitable to our cap rebuild based on his medical profile. Not sure how old he is right off the top of my head but think he's 27. That's fairly young, could allow some flexibility grooming QB for while vs. throwing a rookie QB in the fire.
Is it me or am I the only one who thinks Teddy is no better than Tannehill?

I have two preferred options:

1. Nick Foles: this would be on the basis that we think he can be our quarterback for the next five to eight years. Is he a risky acquisition in that he could end up being a bust for us and not live up to his heroics of the past two seasons with the Eagles? Sure. But I don't see a can't miss quarterback in this year's class, nor can I see any better options in free agency. I don't see Brian Flores accepting a full scale tank for one of next year's class, or tanking for someone in the class after that. The guy comes from the Patriots and will want to instil the right culture from day one, and he will want us to be competitive (not win now, but competitive). So if we are going for a new quarterback this year, and reports suggest that we are, then I think taking a risk on Nick Foles could be worth it. Best case scenario is he becomes the guy. Worst case scenario he doesn't and we can move onto the next quarterback.

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick: now this one is on the basis that we need a bridge quarterback for next season while we develop a young quarterback. Fitzpatrick is good enough to start and not stink the joint up. Ok he will have his games which will make us want to pull our hair out, but he will also have those games in which we'll be talking about Fitzmagic. For me if we draft Lock or Murray and feel it is best to keep them on the sidelines for a year, then Fitzpatrick is a decent choice to start for a year; or alternatively, he is a good enough mentor and teammate to handle being the backup to a young quarterback and wouldn't throw his toys out of the pram. Either way he is a sensible and smart addition to this roster if we want a bridge quarterback and mentor to the young quarterback we draft.

Draft tyree Jackson. He is a very interesting second tier QB

I roll with Falk and bring in Tanner Magnum (won’t be drafted) and maybe take Clayton Thorson if he is still there late day two or Tyree Jackson. Let the coaching staff get an identity together and get their guy in 2020 but you can’t go wrong taking a chance late with some fresh arms.

Murray or Haskins. My sleeper pick, around the 4th round, would be Finley. Give him a few starts and see if he's more than a quality backup type.

If the team misses on Murray or Haskins, I'd look the the 2020 draft.

Is it me or am I the only one who thinks Teddy is no better than Tannehill?
I'm a Louisville Cardinal homer..... Who actually knows for certain which is better? All I know is Tannehills cap figure doesnt line up with the production on the field. Its all speculation in the end. Only the Dolphins really know what they are going to do going forward. Cheers bro!

Back
Top Bottom