Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

Let's go back to an old motto from Scam Cameron...Fales Forward Fast!

I think that would work to get Fromm or Tua....seems to me that Fromm and Lawrence are more able to run Oshea's offense. Fales can get us to the promise land.

Going into camp I'd like four QBs, one of each variety:
Draft: Move up to #2 spot, give whatever needs be, and draft one of: Haskins, Lock, Murray.
FA: Sign Landry Jones.
AAF: Sign one of Gilbert, Perez, Wolford.
Keep Ruddock.

Let Caldwell decide who starts, and what the depth chart is.

Let's go back to an old motto from Scam Cameron...Fales Forward Fast!

I think that would work to get Fromm or Tua....seems to me that Fromm and Lawrence are more able to run Oshea's offense. Fales can get us to the promise land.
I would rather play faulk and see what he have. Tua and Lawrence are winning because they are on stack team. they both could be bust in nfl. wonder how they will play when they both on losing team in nfl.

I don't understand the love of Murray. I really hope the Fins don't pick him-he doesn't even seem truly interested in playing in the NFL. That's a lot of risk for a #1 pick .

Ryan Fitzpatrick would be fun. The Fins would lose but at least he would keep it interesting. Sign him on a 2 year and draft a QB in 2020.

Bridgewater is my second choice. Still young and lots of upside. Probably expensive though.

Option number 1; do everything necessary to draft Murray and put him under Tanny/Bridgeweater for one year and on two years we may have a better team than with Tanny on year 7th. Have a nice CAP relief by letting go all expensive veterans and no brainers.

Option number 2; we couldn't draft Murray, then "Tank" big time, release Tanny and go with Falk next year then draft a top prospect on 2020. Have a huge CAP relief by letting go all veterans not on bargain contracts and try to gather draft capital with players like James, Jones and Stills.

That, to me, is the problem. We don't know which of those options Flores likes. It's the time of year to see the 'what I would do' threads, and I'm good with that, but none of us has even a minor say in what happens. For example, I see an option 3. Sign, say, Brissett or Teddy and see what they have. This is the most dangerous option because it may negate the need to draft a QB in '20. I say that because I don't see ANY team signing a FA QB because they want to win as few games as possible.

To me, signing a Brissett/Bridgewater, at best, means a lower round QB (Grier?) and see what he has. Signing Geno Smith would change my mind. TRADING for any QB would drop the odds of drafting a QB.

I have two preferred options:

1. Nick Foles: this would be on the basis that we think he can be our quarterback for the next five to eight years. Is he a risky acquisition in that he could end up being a bust for us and not live up to his heroics of the past two seasons with the Eagles? Sure. But I don't see a can't miss quarterback in this year's class, nor can I see any better options in free agency. I don't see Brian Flores accepting a full scale tank for one of next year's class, or tanking for someone in the class after that. The guy comes from the Patriots and will want to instil the right culture from day one, and he will want us to be competitive (not win now, but competitive). So if we are going for a new quarterback this year, and reports suggest that we are, then I think taking a risk on Nick Foles could be worth it. Best case scenario is he becomes the guy. Worst case scenario he doesn't and we can move onto the next quarterback.

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick: now this one is on the basis that we need a bridge quarterback for next season while we develop a young quarterback. Fitzpatrick is good enough to start and not stink the joint up. Ok he will have his games which will make us want to pull our hair out, but he will also have those games in which we'll be talking about Fitzmagic. For me if we draft Lock or Murray and feel it is best to keep them on the sidelines for a year, then Fitzpatrick is a decent choice to start for a year; or alternatively, he is a good enough mentor and teammate to handle being the backup to a young quarterback and wouldn't throw his toys out of the pram. Either way he is a sensible and smart addition to this roster if we want a bridge quarterback and mentor to the young quarterback we draft.

This would be my preference also.

One interesting thought that impacts the quarterback position....what type of quarterback do you think Flores and company are looking for to run their offense? Are they looking to run an offense similar to what New England does, good running game, short, precision passing attack, TE focused? Or are they open to other possibilities?

I'm not a huge fan of Daniel Jones, but I think he could run a NE attack. Miami likely wouldn't have to trade up to get him either, although things can change in a hurry come combine time, interviews etc. Ryan Finley is a mid-rounder who might also fit this style of offense.

If Flores is open to possibilities, I still like Murray followed by Haskins. Lock is interesting, but potentially an odd fit.

Go Murray if you believe in him.

If not, just go with Osweiler. No need to spend money on a placeholder qb.

who do you guys want to see as our starting QB this year? List as many REALISTIC options as you want. I know many are on the Tank for Tua bandwagon. I'm sure not. I don't think he is a can't miss prospect to where you intentionally sacrifice a full year for.
My top 3 options are:

Carr
Rosen
Murray

I'd be very happy to see any of these guys under center this year and I feel they can realistically be had
with today's rules, I am advocating for Dan Marino to come back. He could most likely throw for 40 TD's in his first year back in 20 years...just sayin'

I think if Miami gets a QB in round one it would be the most surprised I’ve been since the Ricky Williams trade. I’ve moved on.

I’m gonna go Murray as obvious option one and Haskins as option two. Something with upside and an unknown factor to it.

After that it’s wait for tua in 2020 and hope tbe football gods put us in position to get him. Which means probably won’t

Kyler or if you miss on him heavily restructured Tannehill/Bridgewater.

If you get aggressive for Tua in 2020 I dont think Tannehill being here for 6 wins in 2019 will truly matter.

Gonna have to give up assets regardless.

That, to me, is the problem. We don't know which of those options Flores likes. It's the time of year to see the 'what I would do' threads, and I'm good with that, but none of us has even a minor say in what happens. For example, I see an option 3. Sign, say, Brissett or Teddy and see what they have. This is the most dangerous option because it may negate the need to draft a QB in '20. I say that because I don't see ANY team signing a FA QB because they want to win as few games as possible.

To me, signing a Brissett/Bridgewater, at best, means a lower round QB (Grier?) and see what he has. Signing Geno Smith would change my mind. TRADING for any QB would drop the odds of drafting a QB.
I'm nor sure a Brissett, for example, would preclude taking a QB in 2020.

The option may be to groom the eventual, future backup this year.

It would make sense, if you could find a guy amiable to that role.

That way you have a guy who has taken a lot of reps in the system as plan B.

Kyler or if you miss on him heavily restructured Tannehill/Bridgewater.

If you get aggressive for Tua in 2020 I dont think Tannehill being here for 6 wins in 2019 will truly matter.

Gonna have to give up assets regardless.
I don't think you can go bridgewater if you miss on kyler. FA comes first

Back
Top Bottom