Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Your Top Choices For 2019 Qb?

If the coaching staff isn't completely enamored by one of the top QBs I'd hope they take a flier on someone in the mid rounds that they think has the physical gifts and could be coached up. Have him compete with the likes of Luke Falk and whoever else is sitting on a practice squad somewhere that looks interesting.

There's no reason to give Tannehill or any of the established free agents 20+ mil to lead a mediocre roster nowhere. I could understand going for Bortles or someone else that can't garner any interest as a starter on the open market just to ensure you have one competent starter if all the others disappoint. If you're going to be bad you might as well go with youth and promise.

At this point, I don't really care who the QB is this year. I'm just hoping for the best. I don't think Miami will be bad enough to tank regardless of who is QB but will see.

This is the problem right here. Unless the wheels fall off injury wise we are not going 0-16 - 3-13 like everyone is dreaming and will start hate threads whenever we win (should be fun). Flores and company are going to want to have a QB competent enough so the guys around them will buy into and learn their program. Fans and even ownership can want to lose for high picks but the entire 53 is not going to waste a year of their careers for a future they are not guaranteed to be a part of. I think the QB will be competent whoever it may be.

Tyrod Taylor is a name that has been linked to the Fins. Would be a decent backup in 2020 if they draft a QB to develop.

Tyrod Taylor is a name that has been linked to the Fins. Would be a decent backup in 2020 if they draft a QB to develop.
As a back up fine but def don't want to see him starting.

Luke Falk.

Tua '20.

Don’t understand the Tua infatuation...Trevor Lawrence blew him out of the water in the big game... and he’s a freshman.

Tua plays on the most loaded team in college football...good but not elite in my opinion. Not worth waiting 2 drafts hoping we’re high enough to get him...foolishness!

Don’t understand the Tua infatuation...Trevor Lawrence blew him out of the water in the big game... and he’s a freshman.

Tua plays on the most loaded team in college football...good but not elite in my opinion. Not worth waiting 2 drafts hoping we’re high enough to get him...foolishness!
You do know Lawrence plays on a loaded team as well? Or are you just grasping at straws because you prefer Lawrence?

If this team lands Tua or Lawrence, we’re immediately contenders. It’s not like there’s this giant gulf in talent between the two. Lawrence outplaying him in the Championship doesn’t mean Tua sucks.

I’d rather get the ball rolling earlier with Murray, regardless.

I thought Lawrence made some great throws in that game, going to be exciting to watch him through the years.

The kind of throws that say - number 1 pick, but it’s so early.

who do you guys want to see as our starting QB this year? List as many REALISTIC options as you want. I know many are on the Tank for Tua bandwagon. I'm sure not. I don't think he is a can't miss prospect to where you intentionally sacrifice a full year for.
My top 3 options are:

Carr
Rosen
Murray

I'd be very happy to see any of these guys under center this year and I feel they can realistically be had

First, I GREATLY appreciate you including "REALISTIC" as a qualification. Too many times we get what people want in a perfect world.

Second, it's close to speculation which, if any, QBs will be cut/traded. And I don't think "REALISTIC" can be evaluated yet. Fans still don't know Flores' philosophy for '19. A pure 'tank' would make Os and Falk 'realistic' options. A decision to find a possible long-term answer will give different 'realistic' options.

Personally, I see no 'realistic' options. I don't think Carr Flores will hit on Carr, I doubt Rosen is really available, and Murray is likely gone before #13, UNLESS he's available somewhere around #10-11. Guys like Bridgewater? He's like Tannehill - may get 7-8 wins and, again, fans don't know what Flores wants. Brissett? The advantage he has is Flores has seen him up close. Is he good at pre-snap reads? Is he good at creating mismatches? The few times I've seen him, he looked like the typical NFL QB. If Brisset is the guy, and if he plays well, he can preclude a rookie QB. Please renew this thread around mid April. Maybe fans will have a better idea of what Flores has in mind.

First, I GREATLY appreciate you including "REALISTIC" as a qualification. Too many times we get what people want in a perfect world.

Second, it's close to speculation which, if any, QBs will be cut/traded. And I don't think "REALISTIC" can be evaluated yet. Fans still don't know Flores' philosophy for '19. A pure 'tank' would make Os and Falk 'realistic' options. A decision to find a possible long-term answer will give different 'realistic' options.

Personally, I see no 'realistic' options. I don't think Carr Flores will hit on Carr, I doubt Rosen is really available, and Murray is likely gone before #13, UNLESS he's available somewhere around #10-11. Guys like Bridgewater? He's like Tannehill - may get 7-8 wins and, again, fans don't know what Flores wants. Brissett? The advantage he has is Flores has seen him up close. Is he good at pre-snap reads? Is he good at creating mismatches? The few times I've seen him, he looked like the typical NFL QB. If Brisset is the guy, and if he plays well, he can preclude a rookie QB. Please renew this thread around mid April. Maybe fans will have a better idea of what Flores has in mind.

Make that mid March

Will Grier is the guy that will end up being the steal this year. Not getting a lot of attention like Murray, but he is really solid.

Maybe because he threw 43 TDs and 6 ints in the toughest conference in football while only playing 3 quarters in 75% of those games. I wouldn't dismiss Tua because he threw for just 295 yards and 2 TDs in the national title game haha

Option number 1; do everything necessary to draft Murray and put him under Tanny/Bridgeweater for one year and on two years we may have a better team than with Tanny on year 7th. Have a nice CAP relief by letting go all expensive veterans and no brainers.

Option number 2; we couldn't draft Murray, then "Tank" big time, release Tanny and go with Falk next year then draft a top prospect on 2020. Have a huge CAP relief by letting go all veterans not on bargain contracts and try to gather draft capital with players like James, Jones and Stills.

Will Grier is the guy that will end up being the steal this year. Not getting a lot of attention like Murray, but he is really solid.
I have been talking about Grier as well last 2 month. he throw 50 td last yr. Stidham and Jackson could be sleeper as well. you can get Grier in 3 rd round.

Back
Top Bottom