Who besides me... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who besides me...

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
is looking forward to the ten year anniversary of the thanksgiving day "lett"down in Dallas? I know we have some games to get through, but anyone remember that game 10 years ago? I think that and the game against the Bolts on October 27 are the ones I'm most looking forward to. What about everyone else?

Problem with that is thanksgiving dinner starts around 2 at my aunts and i have to eat and then watch the game with people who dont give a damn. Then i have to head home , 30 minute drive, during halftime, if the wife agrees its time to go! :mad:

that game was fun , first keith byars busts up the middle for a 77yd td and a young promising cb in troy vincent played a hell of a game against michael irvin, but at the end we had to rely on mr leon lett to win the ballgame for us...

Yeah, in retrospect, that's a bittersweet win. I've got that one on tape. It was cool seeing JJ & JJs' faces at the end, but iti's kinda lost in the crappy way the season went from there.

Hell, then the next Thxgv day game we had @ Dallas in 99 I was humiliated in front of all my inlaws who came to my house just to see Dan throw 6 picks with, what? 3 or 4 returned for touchdowns? UGHHHHHHHHHH.

I am looking forward to it, we have Thanksgiving at my house each year so we will definitley be having it as the centerpiece of the day. God was that 10 years ago already???? Man I am getting old when 10 years feels like a couple seasons ago!

Two games? Man that's hard but here goes: Giants/Fins, I want to see how well they do after a win against the Bills and their bye. If they come out strong again against the G-Men, I'll feel better for the rest of the season. 2nd: Baltimore/Fins, If the Fins can rush the ball against the Ravens that will be impressive. The Ravens are strong against the run.

The Thanksgiving day game is my Superbowl. I hate the cowboys with a passion. After the last thanksgiving day game, I was harped on for the rest of the season. I will not be satisfied with a win this year, I want complete annihlation of that team come Thanksgiving......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
After the last thanksgiving day game, I was harped on for the rest of the season.[/B]

Yeh, I remember that game. Danny played it conservatively for a while, and then finally cut loose with the INT's. Five of them! That was after (I think) Le Retard wrote that article in favor of Danny saying something like, "Just give me a chance coach. I can still be a great QB! Don't give my job to Huard!" I don't know if that was what caused JJ to bring Danny back from his injury before he was ready, but he sure stunk it up that day.

I will look forward to it when it comes around. Right now I am looking forward to the Giants game on October 5th. :cool:

However, I think it is pretty cool that we are playing on Thanksgiving. The 10 day break after it is like a semi-bye week. :cool:

Originally posted by finfan54
Problem with that is thanksgiving dinner starts around 2 at my aunts and i have to eat and then watch the game with people who dont give a damn. Then i have to head home , 30 minute drive, during halftime, if the wife agrees its time to go! :mad:

Heres the deal. The nite before go to bed early, after eating just a little of your dinner, saying, "boy am I tired, and my joints ache"
The next morning, no nothing, too sick to eat or even watch TV.
When your wife leaves for your Aunts place she will be sure to say, "Ill bring you home a plate" of Turkey or whatever you guys have....dont fall for it! its a test.
The day is ALMOST all yours. And she will bring something home for you anyway, your Aunt will see to that.
Now when she calls, and she will, let it ring 6 times, turn the TV down and sound like you were just woke up and rather ticked about it. Now its really your day. The hard part is not acting happy cuz you just watched your Fins kick A$$

This is a tested method.

BB

It will be a real juggling act - the Lett game I taped and had everyone at my uncle's house keep the TV off; until my cousin's father-in-law walks comes in and the first thing he says "did you see how Miami beat Dallas ?" :fire: I was soooo mad , except I worked for the company that he was a managing partner for at the time :o

this year at my house s/b eaier - no turkey during the game :D

Good thing my family is all football ;).

Eat, TV.

There's our day.

Back
Top Bottom