Who could we trade to get up high enough to get Rivers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who could we trade to get up high enough to get Rivers?

Calm down. Rivers isn't rated to even be a top 15 pick.

Originally posted by Jaj
Calm down. Rivers isn't rated to even be a top 15 pick.

He should fall after the combin too, with his goofy delivery. But I'm worried about SD trading down to get fill more gaps, and taking a chance on rivers, as well as GB jumping sports. Losman wouldnt' be horrible though, i could live with him.

Originally posted by Graythreat

He should fall after the combin too, with his goofy delivery. But I'm worried about SD trading down to get fill more gaps, and taking a chance on rivers, as well as GB jumping sports. Losman wouldnt' be horrible though, i could live with him.

it would take a lot for him to fall in the combine... the release is becoming more accepted. it's fine, and a dead issue (maybe not to the haters).

Originally posted by Fisticuff

it would take a lot for him to fall in the combine... the release is becoming more accepted. it's fine, and a dead issue (maybe not to the haters).

The combine is graded on a number of things though. He has bad mechanics, needs to work on his foot work, is not a great athelete, can bench a ton, but isn't exceptionally fast, or a good scrambeler, and other QB's have a better arm.

I'm not saying these are hang ups, as I still think we should nab the kid if he's there, but he will not have a great combine, and it won't help his status, and will likely knock him down a bit. 4 years of great production is great, but we all know how stuck scouts are on the combine. He's nto an amazing athlete, and while the boys got game, the combine will hurt rather than help him.

Rivers will go top 15 easy. A team is going to take a chance on him. He has what it takes.

A week ago the question was whether Rivers would sneak into the first round. Now you think he's a lock for top 15? You're dreaming.

Originally posted by phinfan34
Rivers will go top 15 easy. A team is going to take a chance on him. He has what it takes.

Any other year maybe he's a #2 QB, but he's not a top 15 this year. There's not enough teams willing to invest a high first rounder as a QB. He'll be first rounder no doubt, but the biggest threat is someone taking him right before us.

I think he'll go top 15. Did you see how he did in the all star game? His stock is rising.

I think he'll go top 15. Did you see how he did in the all star game? His stock is rising.

I did, and any other year I'd tend to agree with you, but I'm justnot seeing it with the people up there.

SD, and the Cards are the most likely candidates before us to take a QB. Raiders are cool with what's his face (really long name, too lazy to look it up), 49ers are set, etc. I don't see anyone else taking him as it sits. However, if someone were to have the balls to jump up he could go, but even then it would only take the 19th pick to do so.

I don't think things will change for him too much. They knew he can make those throws he made this past Saturday, before Saturday. When it comes to the draft what seems to be a lil thing like a half ****ed release point, is a huge hurdle to ignore to GM's.

I think he'll be there at areound 20, the question is will a team jump in front of us a spot or TWO to snag him, because they know we want a QB.

Oliver...

You guys have to remember that for someone to take him they have to NEED a QB. Why would you draft a QB if you have a solid starter but you are suffering in other areas. Why would Green Bay jump up that high to get Rivers when they need DE, WR and Safety. Hell if they are going to jump up they may take Sean Taylor or Jenkins etc.

Favre is coming back next year, so they would not make a trade that is going to cost them that much to get a guy to ride the pine. They want to win now.

Who else in the top 15 is going to neglect their own glaring need to draft Rivers? None of them can afford to.

Relax. He will be there.

Originally posted by fin-atic
You guys have to remember that for someone to take him they have to NEED a QB. Why would you draft a QB if you have a solid starter but you are suffering in other areas. Why would Green Bay jump up that high to get Rivers when they need DE, WR and Safety. Hell if they are going to jump up they may take Sean Taylor or Jenkins etc.

Favre is coming back next year, so they would not make a trade that is going to cost them that much to get a guy to ride the pine. They want to win now.

Who else in the top 15 is going to neglect their own glaring need to draft Rivers? None of them can afford to.

Relax. He will be there.

Favre has a season or two left in him, and that's it. Rivers is a great talent around 20. In a year where QB"s are in demand, he goes a lot higher. GB needs to draft a QB to groom now, for him to be ready when Favre leaves. Otherwise they'll do exactly what Miami did right beofre Marino left ;)

My guess is that GB goes D in the first and picks up Pickett later. My biggest worry is Pitt trading down. I hope the RBs show big at the combine so that Pitt must take one at #11. My 2nd biggest worry is Buff. I don't think much of DB and I said it all season. I really hope Buff doesn't agree with me.

Originally posted by Graythreat

I did, and any other year I'd tend to agree with you, but I'm justnot seeing it with the people up there.

SD, and the Cards are the most likely candidates before us to take a QB. Raiders are cool with what's his face (really long name, too lazy to look it up), 49ers are set, etc. I don't see anyone else taking him as it sits. However, if someone were to have the balls to jump up he could go, but even then it would only take the 19th pick to do so.

The 49ers are not that set at the QB position....

Back
Top Bottom