Who could we trade to get up high enough to get Rivers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who could we trade to get up high enough to get Rivers?

They won't take one one in the first.

Originally posted by phinfan34
I think he'll go top 15. Did you see how he did in the all star game? His stock is rising.

Yeah, I seen him go 3 of 8 on passes over 10 yards & I saw him throw 9 of his passes 5 yards or shorter. I also saw the CBs giving the receivers an 8+ yard cushion. Don't fall into the Brian Griese vs San Diego trap again.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Yeah, I seen him go 3 of 8 on passes over 10 yards & I saw him throw 9 of his passes 5 yards or shorter. I also saw the CBs giving the receivers an 8+ yard cushion. Don't fall into the Brian Griese vs San Diego trap again.

LOL, good points. i noticed that 10 yards of cusion too.

IMO Rivers is much like a Brady, a system QB. NC state ran something like NE (otherwise i would say 70% accuracy is god like).

Turner stays- Losman would be a better choice, but he needs to answer the 2 big questions. Can he learn to read defenses? can he adjust to a pro style offense?

Turner leaves- Rivers would be the better choice (Miami most likely sign's the jets asst. coord who'll probably run something like NE, and 2002 raiders).

I'm telling you guys (and Smad agrees) Pickett is a REAL sleeper.

My two real sleepers are Robert Kent from Jackson State and Matt Kegel from Washington St.

Both are uber talented guys, that have just not seen much game experience. Send them to NFL Europe, give them a couple plays during their second year, and have them compete by the third year when Brunell is done.

If we don't go QB early I could live with Kegel.

BTW, would a WC offense suit what the team already has in place? The Bucs won a Super Bowl the first year of their entirely new offense which was the WC BTW.

Rivers stock has peaked it can only go down from here (good for us) Losmans stock has bottomed out his will go up at the combine his measurables are all better than Rivers. We should have a shot at him and after march 1 we may have another (maybe higher) first round pick.

Kegel really did well considering he was inexperienced and the Washington St. O did not miss anything.

I think we will get either Rivers Or Losman at #20. One of the 2 will be there if not both. I think they are both gonna be good pros. So everyone relax we will get our franchise qb.

:infins: Did someone say "get up high"?

Originally posted by fin-atic
You guys have to remember that for someone to take him they have to NEED a QB. Why would you draft a QB if you have a solid starter but you are suffering in other areas. Why would Green Bay jump up that high to get Rivers when they need DE, WR and Safety. Hell if they are going to jump up they may take Sean Taylor or Jenkins etc.

Favre is coming back next year, so they would not make a trade that is going to cost them that much to get a guy to ride the pine. They want to win now.

Who else in the top 15 is going to neglect their own glaring need to draft Rivers? None of them can afford to.

Relax. He will be there.

Because the kid has natural abilities and a hell of alot of character. the kid is not as big a risk as people think. IMO, it is a bigger risk to take a WR. There are very few WR's that make the big splash early and it ussually takes them three years to porve it anyways. I think Rivers could easily compete for the starting job from the get go, maybe not end up starting teh first few games, but then it happens. Like in Jaxonville.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Rivers stock has peaked it can only go down from here (good for us) Losmans stock has bottomed out his will go up at the combine his measurables are all better than Rivers. We should have a shot at him and after march 1 we may have another (maybe higher) first round pick.

that is why SD or someone else would either drop down or go up and get him IMO. But as i think of GB, i wonder what ol Ron Wolf thinks.

Back
Top Bottom